Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all gym rats!

Status
    Your heart is my heart.
    A girl to her love is like thread to a needle.
    Quote Originally Posted by honeypie View Post
    H.I.T is great !! Targets muscles you normally don't work...(High Intensity Training)....also if you increase reps rather than weights either using free weights or with circuit training you can also achieve tone rather than bulk. My favorite for losing wt, tightening and muscle definition is rowing.
    Thank you honeypie..I will definitely try that...gotta keep your muscles suprised. So, if I'm used to lifting my own body weight (thru yoga) and can lift (w/free weights) 5-8 ibs. comfortably for 15 reps...should I add one set or two, of 15 reps at the same weight?

Thanks for the input.
    L

Big femme heart.....wrapped in a tight girly package
    Status
    playing for keeps with butch987
    You only run out of chances when you stop taking them
    Absolutely...I would do free weights 3x/wk and alternate yoga, HIT/ aerobics. I also do the P90X Beach body work out which I love. The ab ripper is 339 ab exersizes in 18 min so its great if you don't your whole day taken over by your workouts !!

Basic Member
    Status
    looking
    I love bench !!!! my favorite exercise at the gym

Status
    Single. I'd like to make new friends :o)
    Home is always where the heart is [proverb]
    I work out. I like jogging, lifting weights, swimming. I enjoy dancing and I took belly dancing classes. I am starting to sign up for short races. I ran the Turkey trot for thanksgiving. It was 4 miles and it was an awesome experience. I used to have a working out buddy and it was much more fun and motivating. Specially because she is a hot butch that showed me how to use the machines at the gym...those work outs were hot and super fun. Now I work out by myself. I still enjoy it
    Home is always where the heart is [proverb]
    my personal web page [in construction]:
    http://www.myspace.com/547785550

Status
    why is it when I read LP's "hot butch" line it makes me feel like I'm at the drive up window at the fast food joint _ " ah ya..I"ll take a medium diet coke and the hot butch " Hahahaha..God, I'm starving !!

Status
    looking for friends & if more comes from that later on then fine by me =]
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. DON'T COMPLAIN. --Maya Aneglou
    Glad to see this thread didn't die. Happy gymin' to you all
    I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it. Frank A. Clark

"My bones are made out of ivory
    And my blood is made out of ocean waves
    And someone stole my wallet
    But I'm feeling mighty lucky today"
    --Cloud Cult

Status
    nwfl-chelle......I am totally envious of your abs !!!! I'm headin' to work out now !!

Status
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. DON'T COMPLAIN. --Maya Aneglou
    nwfl-chelle......I am totally envious of your abs !!!! I'm headin' to work out now !!
    Thanks, it takes discipline for sure. I just got in from the gym - wishin' you an awesome work out!
    I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it. Frank A. Clark

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nwfl_chelle View Post
    Thanks, it takes discipline for sure. I just got in from the gym - wishin' you an awesome work out!
    Thank you and thank you for the PM..It was good..45 min of rowing, 250 ab exersizes. Up at 4 am to row and do P90x arms/back and maybe 30 min of p90 lower bod...I can't help but feel I should have a better body for the amount of working out I do...I feel cheated.

Status
    Thank you and thank you for the PM..It was good..45 min of rowing, 250 ab exersizes. Up at 4 am to row and do P90x arms/back and maybe 30 min of p90 lower bod...I can't help but feel I should have a better body for the amount of working out I do...I feel cheated.
    Believe me, I feel that way too sometimes. Sounds like you have the dedication down tho - bravo!

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Agreekrah View Post
    Hey.Nice forum . My 1st time on www.butch-femme.com!!!!!.Looks like a nice crowd here.
    Welcome

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Believe me, I feel that way too sometimes. Sounds like you have the dedication down tho - bravo!
    My drive is very strong and I am very tenacious when I want something....I should put a poster of you in my workout area and paste a pic of my head on your body! (haha) with smaller bicepts tho.....and I don't mean this in the pervey way but...I just want to touch you a whole lot !

Status
    nwfl-chelle... I meant to ask you about your intake...you are probably at that place where you can eat anything,huh? I have nearly rid my diet of carbs but I can't eat as much protein as the Beach Bod workout states; i had about 8 oz of lean steak this morning at like 10 am then had to force myself to eat chicken at 4 pm. The protein is so filling I feel full all day

Status
    nwfl-chelle... I meant to ask you about your intake...you are probably at that place where you can eat anything,huh? I have nearly rid my diet of carbs but I can't eat as much protein as the Beach Bod workout states; i had about 8 oz of lean steak this morning at like 10 am then had to force myself to eat chicken at 4 pm. The protein is so filling I feel full all day
    No I can't eat anything I want. There was a time that was true but as I've gotten older the ol' metabolism has slowed down on me. I do a lot of cardio and that helps tho. I don't torture myself, I just try to keep a close eye on carbs and when I'm eating them and as for protein I use supplements in addition to a decent natural intake. But then again I do more lifting and muscle building than you probably do so my needs are a bit different there. If you're having trouble fitting the protein in maybe you should look into some supplements, too. Happy gymin' =)

--Cloud Cult

Status
    My drive is very strong and I am very tenacious when I want something....I should put a poster of you in my workout area and paste a pic of my head on your body! (haha) with smaller bicepts tho.....and I don't mean this in the pervey way but...I just want to touch you a whole lot !
    Where are YOUR pics? I would imagine you would take them all along to show your progress. That's what I do. I used to use pics of other people like body builders but I find for me personally it's more motivating if I see a past pic of myself that looks better than I do in the present. Then there's no way I can convince myself it's just not possible for me, lol. I know if I looked that way at one time I can continue it now. I have many friends older than me who look amazing so it's not an age thing. It just takes true dedication and committment. I hear people make excuses all the time and they don't know that I know people who have it way worse but still manage to fit it in. Keep on keepin' on

--Cloud Cult

Status
    No need for the B4 and after pics...I'm waaay hotter now at 40 than I have ever been ! I weigh less, I am stronger, more toned and have killer stamina! I think we (women) are our own worst critics ! You are the disciplined one however. My motivation is all extraneous, but whatever works for you, right?! Now I have come to LOVE it ! Thanks for sharing...see you in the locker room !

Status
    No need for the B4 and after pics...I'm waaay hotter now at 40 than I have ever been ! I weigh less, I am stronger, more toned and have killer stamina! I think we (women) are our own worst critics ! You are the disciplined one however. My motivation is all extraneous, but whatever works for you, right?! Now I have come to LOVE it ! Thanks for sharing...see you in the locker room !
    Well I just turned 40 last month and I agree. I look better now than I did last year and the year before that, etc. I enjoy improving upon what I'm satisfied with in the moment. I look back and think, I've continued to get better so why stop now? I have friends who when they get down the first thing I ask them is if they've been out of their fitness routine because that's usually it. Something about working out, no matter how brief just makes a world of difference at least in your own mind. Awesome!

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Totally ! I notice that if my stress level is increasing or if I feel bombarded by everything and everyone I pop into the gallery, get some butch in my head, throw the ipod on and hit the rowing machine ...makes all the difference. I feel purged and centered. I love the awareness of my physicality- the tightness, the burn, the ache....I'm with ya ! Not for nothin " I just turned 40 last month"...your profile's recruiting them between 20-30 ! Dawg !!

Status
    Totally ! I notice that if my stress level is increasing or if I feel bombarded by everything and everyone I pop into the gallery, get some butch in my head, throw the ipod on and hit the rowing machine ...makes all the difference. I feel purged and centered. I love the awareness of my physicality- the tightness, the burn, the ache....I'm with ya ! Not for nothin " I just turned 40 last month"...your profile's recruiting them between 20-30 ! Dawg !!
    Lol... I've always preferred younger women. I do judge more on the maturity level rather than birth certificate tho. I've dated women closer to my age who acted like bratty teenagers and some more than ten years younger who acted more together than my older friends, lol. But yeah I do have certain criteria just due to having learned over the years what really suits me - and what really doesn't. I hope everyone ends up with their best match tho, whatever that is

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Lol... I've always preferred younger women. I do judge more on the maturity level rather than birth certificate tho. I've dated women closer to my age who acted like bratty teenagers and some more than ten years younger who acted more together than my older friends, lol. But yeah I do have certain criteria just due to having learned over the years what really suits me - and what really doesn't. I hope everyone ends up with their best match tho, whatever that is
    Ya ME TOO !!...Bleary eyed and hair tousled, I stagger downstairs to warm up ! Ooops...need to stop in the gallery first ! (haha). And as cool as I think you are that was not a hint...I could NEVER date a butch that looked better in a bathing suit than me !!!!!! Goin' to get sweaty!

Status
    And as cool as I think you are that was not a hint...I could NEVER date a butch that looked better in a bathing suit than me !!!!!! Goin' to get sweaty!
    Lol... wishin' you a great work out, lol

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Ya ME TOO !!...Bleary eyed and hair tousled, I stagger downstairs to warm up ! Ooops...need to stop in the gallery first ! (haha). And as cool as I think you are that was not a hint...I could NEVER date a butch that looked better in a bathing suit than me !!!!!! Goin' to get sweaty!
    Ya...a girls gotta have her standards !!

Status
    Hey honeypie, I got your visitor message but I'm unable to post any on your page?? My plan this day is continuing with home projects. I was painting yesterday and tho I have some trim work left I should be moving onto a different project today. Of course I have the gym as well but that won't be til much later. I hope you have a great day

--Cloud Cult

Status
    polyamorous
    hey gym bunnies (i think they're cuter than rats ). i'm just starting to rejoin your ranks after a 4 month hiatus. i used to go 5/6 days a week but totally quit once my school program started. now we have a break for the holidays though, so i'm going back, and hoping to stick to the routine once we start again in january.
    anyway, happy sweating everyone!

Status
    Single. Very single. :-)
    Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
    What's up gym rats... yes... rats... bunnies are too cutesy. Sheeeit, how about gym tigers?

I was big into working out for years and fell "off the wagon" about a year and a half ago. I still have the muscle memory, but no longer feel the way I did. I need more sleep, am significantly more depressed, and feel "blah" in ways I never did when I was a fitness buff. Time to get back into it.

nwfl_chelle, I'm officially jealous of your abs. Mine have never been quite that nice. Good job.

Status
    Welcome lost, and I wanna cheer you on with sticking to your renewed good fitness habits!

Alex, thanks bro! lol

--Cloud Cult

Status
    Single and Looking
    I actually only began working out earlier this year and got in a month's worth of working out, then missed three weeks due to a bad chest cold so today will be my first workout since I got over my cold .......... I hope I can get back into the whole gym thing again

Basic Member
    Status
    My heart belongs to her.
    Life is short, so enjoy it.
    Haven't been on here in a really long time but thought I would stop by. Spend a lot less time in the gym these days, but am taking TaeKwonDo. I attend classes four days a week. It's a great work out and has helped my flexibility, my balance and my focus. I enjoy the physical workout that it gives me too.

Status
    ^5 missleigh and SBB, all that matters is that you're putting forth the effort

--Cloud Cult

Basic Member
    Status
    My heart belongs to her.
    Life is short, so enjoy it.
    Thanks nwfl_chelle! I really enjoy it TKD a lot. I test for my black belt in 16 days.

Status
    Single
    I'm gonna borrow this one from my favorite poet, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." --Maya Angelou
    I hope everyone is still holding true to their New Year's resolutions re: fitness and nutrition
    My bones are made out of ivory
    And my blood is made of ocean waves
    But I'm feeling mighty lucky today
    C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information