Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I pick up/attract a Butch???

Status
    Loved
    It's all a learning experience.. If you look at it that way..
    Quote Originally Posted by DownunderDreamer View Post
    Hmmmm how to pick up a Butch?

Well from what I have read there are numerous ways you can pick up a butch.

From my perspective I would have to ask if you work out cause _
    Firstly there is the firemans lift that would require you to throw said butch over shoulder and just walk off.
    Secondly if you have a friend you can always do the old chair lift.
    Thirdly you could just pick them up in your arms and march off with them.

I think you better stick to the other advice because Im not sure that any of my ways would help you much hope you find the butch your looking for good luck
    ummm.. I don't know Dreamer... I used to have this butch that I would pick up and toss up over my shoulder..

It always seemed to end the way that the OP is wanting her *date* to end..

*sweet smile*

Basic Member
    Status
    single
    Oh ... and let my wipe the cookie crumbs from the side of my mouth while I am at it. Certainly would not want to be improper or distasteful. LOL!

"While i appreciate your input, the part about being "had" was a bit distasteful. Thats not what i had in mind at all when i made the post.
    It's simple to misinterpret type isn't it?"

To me, we were saying the same thing. That's my take on it. And I like the way I said it better.

By the way, I wash my own clothes, socks included. That comment about femmes keeping our socks clean was a tiny bit irratating but I was not going to mention it ... until now. She is never a cook or laundry person for me but in the past, we do take up each other's slack. I cook, she cooks ... I do laundry, she does laundry ... whatever ... it is called sharing responsibilities. Helping each other out because we care about each other to be considerate and notice when the other is taxed out.

*takes another huge mouthful of cookie*
    *looks down at the crumbs on my lap*
    *looks up*
    *big grins*

Don't get sore LADY FLAMEZZZ, I am kidding around. I am not upset - hope you aren't either.
    Last edited by 1-Sunny-Spirit; 11-18-2009 at 02:59 PM.

DayWalker's best friend ::and so MUCH more::
    Status
    very attached
    never mistake kindness for weakness
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Sunny-Spirit View Post
    Oh ... and let my wipe the cookie crumbs from the side of my mouth while I am at it. Certainly would not want to be improper or distasteful. LOL!

"While i appreciate your input, the part about being "had" was a bit distasteful. Thats not what i had in mind at all when i made the post.

To me, we were saying the same thing. That's my take on it. And I like the way I said it better.

By the way, I wash my own clothes, socks included. That comment about femmes keeping our socks clean was a tiny bit irratating but I was not going to mention it ... until now. She is never a cook or laundry person for me but in the past, we do take up each other's slack. I cook, she cooks ... I do laundry, she does laundry ... whatever ... it is called sharing responsibilities. Helping each other out because we care about each other to be considerate and notice when the other is taxed out.

*looks up*
    *big grins*

Don't get sore LADY FLAMEZZZ, I am kidding around. I am not upset - hope you aren't either.

LOL me upset i never get upset !!!

looks at cookie crumbs
    messy aren't you *

all in a day's work...

Status
    Her pillow is right next to mine
    Praise Koolaid
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Sunny-Spirit View Post

*looks up*
    *big grins*

And I sort the laundry, ensuring that all buttons are buttoned, zippers sipped,
    etc...all graphics shirs are turned inside out and everything gets washed in
    cold, and only towels n sheets actually hit the dryer. And it is imperative the
    the right hangers are used to hang all clothing so as to avoid shoulder dimples
    n what have you. So Mrs. Day..gets to do mah socks...cuz I seem to exert
    a certain amount of anxiety upon her should she use the wrong hanger or
    wash mah stuff in hot water. So sharing in the overall household
    maintenance is all a part of what makes up our household.

I also hog the kitchen when I'm feeling the chef guru in me stir.

Hey wait, what was this thread about again?

One who Watches only see's clouds...one who Observes, see's the Silver lining

www.SirDaywalker.net

Stonebutch, masculine id'd....hy, not he...femme admirer
    Status
    single, not looking
    Que sera sera
    You can pick this butch up, as long as you remember to put me down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basic Member
    Status
    not looking. friends only.
    why don't you let THEM pick you up?
    I'm done picking up Butches! Sets up the wrong dynamic for me...
    and wrong dynamics are death...just sayin'

Basic Member
    Status
    single
    Yes, LADY FLAMEZZZ, sometimes I am very messy on purpose - especially if I know someone is watching and might find it ... errr ... distasteful. Heh Heh! (there's that word again)

quoting DAYWALKER:
    "So sharing in the overall household maintenance is all a part of what makes up our household."

Hey Buddy, sounds like you've got an excellent routine going on with your relationship - the sharing of work around the house.

Well, that was fun!!!

New user: Needs to verfiy email
    Status
    spoken for
    The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes. ~Goethe~
    Soooooo....I take it lasso and hogtie is out of the question?

Femme, with the option to flip the script... well sorta.
    Status
    Liz and Em...
    Be genuine.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfm View Post
    You are right. Meeting them is easy. Keeping a man is a piece of cake, but keeping a butch is the hardest thing you will ever do in your life..
    LADY FLAMEZZZ
    Above all else be yourself...and as someone said below , walk up and say hello !
    Meeting them is the easy part...keeping one is a full-time job,lol

I would have to disagree with both you!
    I have never had a hard time "keeping" a butch,
    it's having them let me go.

There is nothing to do.
    Whether you are butch or femme,
    what matters is that you are honest with who you are.
    If you are interested, friendship or otherwise...
    the effort is what's important.
    And butches are no different in approach

If you flirt?
    do it
    Humans love attention,
    plain and simple

disclaimer: this is my own opinion,
    do not blast me for having one.

Mary Poppins had a message too,

but at least she had a happy
    little song to express it!!

be kind.

Iíll hold you up and drive you baby Ďtill you feel the daylight
    Status
    her Daddy
    If you have nothing nice to say~SHHhhhhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
    Soooooo....I take it lasso and hogtie is out of the question?
    Not at all, but ya better be prepared for someone to echo and loop ya, backattcha

KING ~ of the Shack
    - Drive
    Iíll hold you up
    and drive you all night

Your head is bent back
    your back is arched
    my hand is under there
    holding you up~
    ~~>Radio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qbT1-aKgg Listen here by Melissa Ferrick

DayWalker's best friend ::and so MUCH more::
    Status
    very attached
    never mistake kindness for weakness
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Divine View Post
    LADY FLAMEZZZ
    Above all else be yourself...and as someone said below , walk up and say hello !
    Meeting them is the easy part...keeping one is a full-time job,lol

I would have to disagree with both you!
    I have never had a hard time "keeping" a butch,
    it's having them let me go.

There is nothing to do.
    Whether you are butch or femme,
    what matters is that you are honest with who you are.
    If you are interested, friendship or otherwise...
    the effort is what's important.
    And butches are no different in approach

If you flirt?
    do it
    Humans love attention,
    plain and simple

disclaimer: this is my own opinion,
    do not blast me for having one.

i wouldn't dare blast you for anything ...my response was a simple statement . My Mom used to say keeping them < in reference to man > i concluded it was for my purpose a butch, is a 24 hour a day job, which simply meant that year after year in a relationship we go through difficult taxing times at some point, when anyone
    < me for instance >
    may have found it easier to just walk away...
    people sometimes ,hopefully ,if they have the desire and love stay together for many many years ,< I hope too > not everyday is gonna run smooth , as with anything in life worth having sometimes it takes effort and sometimes we give in those occasional hard times more than 50% we give 110% while the other part of the whole only gives nada . this is what i mean by a fulltime job. I on some days don't feel like picking up after mine or cooking or hell for that matter even getting out of bed < menopause is a bitch > but i do it because of my devotion to Mine......others may not see it the same way... and i for one am fine with that!

thus far Daywalker and I have been going strong for almost six years not everyday has been "easy simply because we love each other "

and i will add one more thought, I had a relationship Long term that lasted 11 years < she committed suicide in the end>...not everyday of that 11 years was easy, sometimes i wanted to walk away but i stayed because i honored my commitment.

and as you stated above a few i have had a challenge with in regards to keeping them away....my best to you *

all in a day's work...

Status
    attachable
    Quote Originally Posted by LADY FLAMEZZZ View Post
    From my experience ladies the hard part of keeping a butch is this....maintaining a supportive stance no matter what comes up in a long term relationship. It's not always easy when the fun is no where to be found and real life's issues get in the way . I meant that's the ful time job. When you love someone all the good times are great the romance and what have you is wonderful. The job is when they wake up in a shitty mood and you do too that's when the job part comes in. Keeping the love alive , so the relationship doesn't grow stagnate , making sure you grow together instead of apart as the journey of life continues for you both. making sure hys socks are clean at all times,lol

i mean a relationship is not all fun and games 24 hours a day.
    so i stand by my earlier post finding them is easy , keeping them is a full time job but one i treasure.

Well said. i read your post as meaning the courtship, dating is the "easier"and more fun part. Dealing with living life in the not so fun parts like illness, stress, painful times is the challenge in long term like after the first year or so. It is a full time job for both partners I think,

Basic Member
    Status
    single
    The dog thing works on Femmes too! You wouldn't believe the women that come up to me!

Status
    Fate will find me.
    A kind gesture is worth it's weight in gold. ~ Handsome
    Just slip me a note with your number. Especially if you look straight. I'm kinda dumb like that. Lol
    Single and ready to mingle.

Status
    Attatched
    HC SVNT DRACONES "Here be dragons" That was used on maps to indicate unexplored territories. The truly courageous explorers ignored the dragon comments and plunged ahead into the unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenVonMayhem View Post
    Ok I am a semi- first timer (bi, but I think it is much more) and I have wanted to have my first REAL lesbian experience for quite some time. I am finally gettin up the nerve to get out there and pursue this.

I am attracted to Butch women but I do not know how to go about attracting them to me or how I would approach a Butch I am interested at a bar. All I know is how I used to pick up men and I want some advice to help me be successful and not look stupid when I go out to meet that Butch I have been seeking

HELP!

PS
    I am what I guess you would consider femme but I am pretty rowdy and somewhat of a tomboy.... Don't even know where I fit in, but I have a couple of pics of me up if that helps any. Sorry if I sound stupid, it took me awhile to even get this far so I hope you folks can help me
    I was in a situation similar to this. I was with women before I married a man. He and I were together 6 years and then I realized that what I was living was nothing but a lie to make my family happy. So I started coming back to this site to be back with "my own kind" I started talking to Panama on here and was shy about going to the gay bars and picking up my own butch. Hys advice was to be myself and smile at the butch that I was attracted to. I was ready with all hys advice went out and realized the butch i was wanting to smile at sat many miles away in Panama. So left the bar went home logged on and now we are still together 6 months later.

Status
    Fate will find me.
    Just come up and say hi. I'll respond to that.

Status
    if you can be my tan legged Juliet, I'll be your redneck Romeo
    If it aint yours leave it alone
    let her/hym/him know you are a femme for starters....in RT it is very hard to tell if a woman is straight/femme/lesbian....
    I'm moving on from my mistakes....
    Learning how to take it day by day...
    ON MY HIGHWAY.....
    Jason Aldean

Status
    Fate will find me.
    It all depends on the situation.
    1. Out shopping- if you see a butch just wink or smile and walk over and say hi.
    2. Online- send a message.
    3. At a bar- stare. Eventually we'll notice. Lol

Status
    Fate will find me.
    4. Just say hi and smile

Status
    Fate will find me.
    I thought of a way. Say your behind a Butch at the mall. Walk up to her with a piece of paper and say, "Hey, you dropped this. " then walk in front and away but not too fast. You want the Butch to see what she thought she dropped and to open it up to see your number. Sound good?

Status
    Single
    Less more, more less.
    Quote Originally Posted by jushapycampin View Post
    let her/hym/him know you are a femme for starters....in RT it is very hard to tell if a woman is straight/femme/lesbian....
    If you don't want to announce that, you could also say something as a signal like, "Hey, did I see you at Pride in Boston?" or something like that.
    More Less. Less More. Unless it's Coffee.

Status
    Fate will find me.
    I would send a message and a pic. Say what you feel. It's easier I think online to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information