Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Member Without A Face

Status
    if you can be my tan legged Juliet, I'll be your redneck Romeo
    If it aint yours leave it alone
    I think there are probably many reasons people don't post a picture or comment on them. I didn't post a picture for a very long time. Just because I chose not to. Some may be afraid "the wrong" person might get wind of them being on a BF site. I know someone who worked for a state agency a few yrs ago, she was on a dating site under woman seeking woman. Her boss found out about it and made her take her picture down, siting that a parent of the children she over saw might be upset if they saw that.

Although I love to look at the gallery I don't always post a comment. Perhaps I have nothing to say, perhaps you are in a relationship with someone I don't know and what is on my mind might be disrespectful, maybe I don't want to bring your attention to me. Fat, skinny or inbetween, everyone on earth complains about their weight whatever it is, everyone doesn't like something about their looks that might make them chose not to post a pic. I think it is just a personal choice and maybe a choice to post a pic might come as one gains confidence in themself and in the site community.

I look at pic posting like I do one of the IM's I use. It makes you put in your name when you sign up and when you IM it shows your name. My gosh I might not want everyone to know my real name considering some of the weirdo's around ya know? Same with pics, I might not want everyone to know what I look like. But to each his own. LOL here I am spouting off and I'm not sure if I have any pics in the gallery right now or not. Lemme go look
    I'm moving on from my mistakes....
    Learning how to take it day by day...
    ON MY HIGHWAY.....
    Jason Aldean

Status
    Fate will find me.
    A kind gesture is worth it's weight in gold. ~ Handsome
    I love looking at all the pics. I'm a visual person. Can't help it. . Not just that I get to see who I'm talking to.
    Single and ready to mingle.

Status
    ~Limerance~
    x!
    Quote Originally Posted by jushapycampin View Post
    My gosh I might not want everyone to know my real name considering some of the weirdo's around ya know? Same with pics, I might not want everyone to know what I look like. But to each his own. LOL here I am spouting off and I'm not sure if I have any pics in the gallery right now or not. Lemme go look

It did not happen to me here, but it did because of another site. I posted my picture, and the very first e mail I recieved from what turned into a serious stalker, was *Gee, I feel like I know you* Having never had any problems here, for years, I was very naive as to what I was doing and what I said later in subsequent I'Ms. So much drama over a picture.....no more photo posting for me.

By the way, I ended up having to get the postal inspector and the police involved, as not only was the person a stalker, he was an imposter (go figure)

Status
    if you can be my tan legged Juliet, I'll be your redneck Romeo
    If it aint yours leave it alone
    MY GOSH! Yep people are crazy idiots sometimes, for sure.

I know when I first came here I was distraught over people not having pictures and then I thought well I don't have one either. But then I talked to some who had been around a while and some with different experiences and realized that many times there is a reason, sometimes an ex, or a stalker or what have you that makes people not post a pic. So I finally did understand but I gotta say sometimes now I go to a profile and kick the dirt as I click off of the page with no picture on it. LOL
    I'm moving on from my mistakes....
    Learning how to take it day by day...
    ON MY HIGHWAY.....
    Jason Aldean

Status
    Solo
    "Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." ~John Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by treesx2 View Post
    It did not happen to me here, but it did because of another site. I posted my picture, and the very first e mail I recieved from what turned into a serious stalker, was *Gee, I feel like I know you* Having never had any problems here, for years, I was very naive as to what I was doing and what I said later in subsequent I'Ms. So much drama over a picture.....no more photo posting for me.

By the way, I ended up having to get the postal inspector and the police involved, as not only was the person a stalker, he was an imposter (go figure)
    Hello there Trees..I think I know this person. I also had HUGE issues that started with my photo. Not on this site of course. I have to say I've spent many years making friends online and this was the first time I've ever experienced drama of any kind.

I was going to remove all photos and decided against it because I love viewing and sharing them. It makes the online experience not so one dimensional for me..

Duchess
    "Can there be any finer thing than this?
    Eternal hunger, followed by eternal pleasure." -- Lucien LaCroix, Forever
    Knight

Status
    ~Limerance~
    x!
    [quote=Duchess;3243991]Hello there Trees..I think I know this person. I also had HUGE issues that started with my photo. Not on this site of course.

Duchess, HELLO! Happy New year too. Yes....funny how small the BF internet is. He's paying his dues, I see and hear and soon I will be joining you, you know where.

Its a shame we have to look over our shoulder, and watch what we post because of SICKO's. That person's time will come. I know for a fact, you DO know this person.
    Last edited by treesx2; 01-24-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: omission

Status
    Single. I'd like to make new friends :o)
    Home is always where the heart is [proverb]
    The same here Jonquil

Quote Originally Posted by Jonquil View Post
    Maybe they have an EX FROM HELL on this site who has tried to "out" them at work!
    If a butch wants to see what I look like, well, then: get to know me first! Maybe in time I'll send a photo by private email.

Status
    I am not interested
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Suess).
    Years ago I posted several pics of myself, my home, my furkids, and so on and on, but I had to have alot (and I mean alot) of help getting these pictures downloaded. It took hours.

I am a very visual person. I love to look at pictures. I have stacks and stacks of albums in my closet (part of my Asperger's or OCD - I am not sure of which).

I think it is wonderful that we can post pictures. I would hope that nobody would take the pics and judge folks on them. That is ashame for this day and age for anyone to make any derrogatory remarks about anyone. How rude.
    "Be aware of how you take away hope from another human being." Oliver Wendall Holmes

Basic Member Marshall Bravestar's Avatar
    Status
    Single
    sucks to be you
    How can i put a pic of me up ? it only let's me put those silly little gifs up as an avatar.
    I bite !

Status
    single
    Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control, Indomitable Spirit (tenets of Tae Kwon Do)
    The reason I haven't posted any pics isn't because I'm ashamed of my looks or anything like that. No, it's because, if the wrong person recognized me, I'd probably lose custody of my son. That would be devastating for both of us. I like being able to associate a face with a name, too. It's friendlier...more personal, but in my situation, sharing photos privately with friends makes more sense. For anyone who cares to know, just ask.

Status
    married
    NO-one can put you down unless you give them permission ~ E. Pankhurst
    well i don't have a picture of myself on line 'cause..... well...tbh I cannot be bothered to sort through all my potots on my computer and then faff around with the sizing and resizing....
    And i think like many people, there are a fair few butches i have introduced to this site when then were starting out on their journey's and whilst i was happy to help them along here, i might not neccessarily want them to know who i am on here, as i loose my anonimity... and so the ability to seek advice from my bruthas in a safe space!

Plus i am far too hansome to go posting my face out there in cyberspace for just anyone to see.... all those beautiful femmes out there wouldn't cope! LOL
    One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star! ~ Nietzsche

Basic Member
    umm...femme but chop wood like a lumberjack
    Status
    single
    “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”
    I would love to have an avatar or photo of me on this site. I just can't figure out how to do it. This is why I'm usually attached to someone, preferably a computer programmer who can explain hideous techno-speak into English for me.

Banned User
    Status
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by finn bear View Post
    well i don't have a picture of myself on line 'cause..... Well...tbh i cannot be bothered to sort through all my potots on my computer and then faff around with the sizing and resizing....
    And i think like many people, there are a fair few butches i have introduced to this site when then were starting out on their journey's and whilst i was happy to help them along here, i might not neccessarily want them to know who i am on here, as i loose my anonimity... And so the ability to seek advice from my bruthas in a safe space!

Plus i am far too hansome to go posting my face out there in cyberspace for just anyone to see.... All those beautiful femmes out there wouldn't cope! Lol
    LMFGAO! *random hand clap*

Status
    married
    NO-one can put you down unless you give them permission ~ E. Pankhurst
    Quote Originally Posted by persiphone View Post
    LMFGAO! *random hand clap*
    :takes a bow:
    One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star! ~ Nietzsche

Status
    im looking and dating, but not pushing to "make" anything happen, if its meant to be it will be.
    "just do it." Nike. ;)
    I dont know there are alot of reasons.....good reasons and bad reasons for posting a pic or not posting a pic, i just know that it does feel like something is missing when there is no profiel pic, like your talking to someone through a hole in the wall, it for me completes a connection....with this said i do believe however, that the posts are what really shine the light of the person profile pic or no....
    goin within to become better out.

Butch/ Andro I'm not a dog don't treat me as such..
    Status
    ...Single... By Choice.. Yep SINGLE...
    It's not my object or goal to hurt anyone in life.. It's not me.. It's not how I am.. But it's also not right of me to allow others to do it to me.. There has to be a line, a respect.. Boundaries..
    I personally have to state that my looks have changed over the past 8 months.. Am I embarrassed how I look? Far from it.. Actually I am looking better than I ever have in my lifetime I look like I am in my younger 20's.. Now the way that I did this wasn't of a good nature.. Stress, abuse, harassment, and being stalked.. So personally I do not want my picture up with my face.. I want to be able to control who can and cannot see what I look like facial features wise since i've changed drastically due to the weight loss .. So I posted body shots.. Now to control who can and cannot see my facial features I have set my preferences for my head shots in my preferences and profile to private friends only.. This helps with the stalking or me not wanting others to know what I look like not unless I make that decision.. So there are ways around being a member without a face.. But the privacy choice is the persons.. I respect and understand everyone's reasoning..
    B.V.I.S. w/ B.B.B.T.,they've been my motivators to success ..
    Bringing a New Face and Attitude to Hollywood!
    "Make a bet with me, and I will win. Fight me, and you will lose. Tell me I can't, and I will. Tell me to, and I won't. Dare me, and I'll do it. Say I can't, and I will."

Status
    Single. I'd like to make new friends :o)
    I don't trust when I cannot decide who can see my pictures. I am a private person.
    my personal web page [in construction]:
    http://www.myspace.com/547785550

Status
    terminally monogamous, terminally single
    "We are born naked, and the rest is drag." - RuPaul
    I respect that people have good reasons not to want to post pictures. I find it a little frustrating, though, only because words sometimes make more sense for me if I have a visual context for the person from whom they're coming, and also, I like seeing the diversity of people who post on this site - different looks, different ages, different self-expressions, lots of uniquenesses that don't come out in the same way in text. So, oh well. It's really just a "boo, no picture" moment when I click through out of curiosity.

Big femme heart.....wrapped in a tight girly package
    Status
    playing for keeps with butch987
    You only run out of chances when you stop taking them
    I get in enough trouble without the pic !! I have asked ppl for their pictures who have opted not to post them however ! ( I like to watch too !!)

Status
    Single
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live........It is What it is.........Life's Too Short
    Now that the sight is back up, all my pics disappeared. Anybody know anything about this? Or who/what/where I direct this to? (I'm site challenged apparently).
    BADBOY is not a screen name; it's a lifestyle.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information