View Poll Results: Going back to school?

Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • I went when I was younger

9 3.42%
  • I plan on going back ..someday

13 4.94%
  • I am currently back in school

57 21.67%
  • Im over 30 going back

83 31.56%
  • Your never too old to go back

95 36.12%
  • Im too darn old to go back

6 2.28%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Going back to school after 30

Status
    single
    It doesnt matter where you have been,,what matter's is where you are going...

Going back to school after 30

I thought this might be a good thread to start,,

I know there are many who have opted to go back to school at a later age,,for what ever reason,,and I thought it might be good to get some sorta support thread going,,,

Here is my situation,,Im 44,,work in a distribution warehouse,,but due to that kinda work I have damaged my leggs and now one of my arms,,its mostly some pain in the ram,,tendons,,but I need to get outta that kinda work,,so I am checking into different avenue's...I had 2 yrs at UCLA as a psych major but that was 22 yrs ago and I am checking to see if any of the credits are still transferable,,and I also love to cook so I am checking into a Southwestrn Cooking School ,,I figure I will try to work till I die,,cause when I have time off Im bored as hell,,might as well be making money right?

What are your thoughts about going back to school at a later age?
    Are there any students over 30 or even in their 40's and 50's going back to school?
    Is it ever too late to go back to start a new career?

Basic Member
    Status
    single
    Hey luvin......
    I commend you bro, I say one is never too old to learn something new.....
    "It is not so much I read a book as that the book reads me"
    W.H.Auden
    "The only difference between me and a mad person is that I am not mad"
    Salvador Dali

Deeder's Do'er To'ers'

Status
    single
    Quote Originally Posted by deeder
    Hey luvin......
    I commend you bro, I say one is never too old to learn something new.....

Thanks bro,,Im needing to search my options and see where I fit,,thanks for the support

New user: Needs to verfiy email
    Status
    Single
    How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. ~Trina Paulus
    luvin.. when I was in school, middle age was around 35.. we had one person that was in her 80's.. a lot of 40-50 year olds and then a lot of young ppl, and then in my age bracket, not a lot.. I do know that it depends on the school that you attend, but I don't think its too late.

Good for you and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by luvin61
    I thought this might be a good thread to start,,

I know there are many who have opted to go back to school at a later age,,for what ever reason,,and I thought it might be good to get some sorta support thread going,,,

Here is my situation,,Im 44,,work in a distribution warehouse,,but due to that kinda work I have damaged my leggs and now one of my arms,,its mostly some pain in the ram,,tendons,,but I need to get outta that kinda work,,so I am checking into different avenue's...I had 2 yrs at UCLA as a psych major but that was 22 yrs ago and I am checking to see if any of the credits are still transferable,,and I also love to cook so I am checking into a Southwestrn Cooking School ,,I figure I will try to work till I die,,cause when I have time off Im bored as hell,,might as well be making money right?

What are your thoughts about going back to school at a later age?
    Are there any students over 30 or even in their 40's and 50's going back to school?
    Is it ever too late to go back to start a new career?
    I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Basic Member
    This is a good thread and great timing.. someone recently incouraged me to go back to school..something I have been rolling around in this silly head of mine..

I am not exactly what I will major in..but my interests are toward forensic psychology and wanting to be apart of repairing a lot of things that need it in our country. Who knows where I will end up

Basic Member
    Status
    MARRIED
    "A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rath
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamKatcher
    This is a good thread and great timing.. someone recently incouraged me to go back to school..something I have been rolling around in this silly head of mine..

I am not exactly what I will major in..but my interests are toward forensic psychology and wanting to be apart of repairing a lot of things that need it in our country. Who knows where I will end up

And that someone was me!!!!!
    Happily Married!

Status
    Marsha's Butch Daddy!
    "Anything not nailed down is a Cougar toy!"
    I don't think you are ever too late.
    I took a couple of classes recently and really want to go back. School is much better now because I am there because I want to be and I am much better about applying myself...after all, it's my money!
    I felt so much better about myself, school adds a new dimension to your life.

Status
    attached

Thumbs up

Great thread!

I finished my M.A. degree when I was 39, I am always looking at new education options, but mostly non-traditional...I earned my M.A. from Univeristy of Phoenix online.

I love e-learning (as long as it's a well established/accredited program), don't think I could start back to sitting in a classroom, but I never say never!

If you are having physical difficulties you might want to be really research the culinary school option before signing up. I have a relative who works in food services (hospital) with culinary/tech school training and she works her butt off....standing on her feet all day, lifting heavy trays of food.

I've been considering studies in alternative medicine...i.e. aromatherapy and/or herbal studies....just not sure about the job opportunities and the credibility of the programs.

Good luck with your research.

Thanks for starting this thread.....I can't wait to read the feedback.

Basic Member
    Ok luvin, if I am going on 54 and go back to school, you can too. I did go back for a while, and shellie's right..many different ages, never too old for anything in life

Status
    where i need to be - happy with my life
    Dream Big; Hope with all u have... and at the very moment u think all is lost, that's when it will all come together. Never give up.

i applaud u...

u can never get too old to go back to school... my sister was going back at 32 until she started her own business... and my father, at 60, is learning new every day and has been earning certificates n things for yrs now...
    i myself will be 30 in july and am still deciding exactly what avenue i want to take, but going back to school, is not a worry or anything i would consider new again.
    if u r not happy in ur life and how things r going, WHY NOT??? i think u would have to be crazy not to try to go back or do something different. why stay n suffer or be stagnant? even if some credits dont transfer, u can breeze thru the classes. u have been thru it before. it's just a test of memory. well, thats how i feel about it.
    i dont know what other support i can give. i havent been on that side of it YET. just thought to put in a bit...
    AND i wish u well and good luck
    ~BoN~

Status
    single
    I get around ok on the leggs,,I have a brace for one,,and the arm is just gonnas be sore,,Im righthanded so the left gets minimal use anyways,,never had a problem cooking,,just one of the things Im throwing around in my head,,the good thing about this cooking school is they have weekend classes for people who wanna come from outta state,,and the classes are on certain areas,,like beef and chicken dishes etc,,and they issue certificates,,so your not locked down but it is a recognised school
    on the psch,,gotta see what 22 yrs has done to my head,,lol!

New user: Needs to verfiy email
    Status
    Single
    How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. ~Trina Paulus
    Quote Originally Posted by EvesVanity
    Great thread!

I finished my M.A. degree when I was 39, I am always looking at new education options, but mostly non-traditional...I earned my M.A. from Univeristy of Phoenix online.
    Thats great Eves.. I am planning on getting my MA from Capella University through their distant learning program. I'll have to go to Minneapolis for a week in the beginning, but I think I can handle that..lol.. I had planned on starting by October, but with the recent layoff, not sure if I'll be able to hack it financially, but its there. Capella University is one that I did a lot of research about. My advisors highly recommended it and I do know it is one that is highly known and accredited. Here is the link: www.capella.com

I didn't get my AA or my BA through e-learning, but I did take several online classes while going towards my AA.. and I really enjoyed it.

Again, never too late, and the options are unlimited!
    I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ButchofNature
    , u can breeze thru the classes. u have been thru it before. it's just a test of memory. well, thats how i feel about it.
    i dont know what other support i can give. i havent been on that side of it YET. just thought to put in a bit...
    AND i wish u well and good luck
    ~BoN~
    I loved what you had to say..but....lol..the memory thing omg..let me tell you, all my science is down the tube, things are changing so fast..and I used to be a math whiz...lol..I took a math test at the school I am going to..well needless to say, have to exercise this brain a bit...it is going to a challenge, but I love a good mind challenge

Status
    attached
    I have friends who started a second career in real estate....I'm not that much of a risk taker, but they said the certification/lic. courses were available onlline.

Health related services are expolding (because us baby boomer's are aging)...medical imaging, occupational therapy, lab technician, all growing fields some only require a short training/certificate program.

I am always looking for that second, third career that will take me straight to retirement/working at home, but I've not found it yet..

Basic Member
    Status
    MARRIED
    "A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rath

Your never too old to go back.. I am 35 and going on a pace program which is done by distance learning, I work a full time job and can work at my own pace to earn my degree, this is great for those of you not wanting the traditional classroom or campus life.. many areas of study, affordable and accredited.. I had all of my military credits transferred as well as some community college credits that I had before I went into the Air Force and so a lot of the stuff that they are offering in there curriculum, I do not have to take because of those credits transferring over.. which is great but encourage anyone of any age to go back to school, life is too short not too.. Good luck to with your endeavors!
    Happily Married!

Status
    attached

old credits

It's been my experience that the distance learning programs are more willing to work with returning students to avoid repeating classes because the credits are too "old".

I was able to take one class that "refreshed" about 9 credits, while the other credits (some 10 years old or more) were still applicable because of the basic subject matter.

Also, I made use of the "CLEP" exams to study and then test out of certain classes....

When I worked on my B.A. degree at Thomas Edison State College (also a distance degree program) they offered "portfolio assessment" and issued credits for "life experience" to students who wrote papers or completed projects to demonstrate thier knowledge in certain areas that they may have picked up through on the job training or self study.

The education world is welcoming to returning students, because we represent growing numbers in their enrollment statistics.

Status
    ...i'm lost...can i come home with u?....
    Born stupid? Try again.
    hi luvin...

good thread topic....

i've just found out today that my career in nursing is over due to injury to my neck & shoulder...so now i'm having to re-think what i'm going to do....so at the age of 38...i will be going back to college to re-train in something...possibly
    Counselling...as it's still within the mental health field...just without the physical side which i can no longer do.

it's scary , cos leaving somewhere where i know everyone & everyone knows me ...to embark on a completely new venture is venturing into the unknown...but hey, it's a challenge.

good luck to each & every one of us who are doing just this.

never to old to learn something new.
    When God made me She dropped a stitch
    If you slide your finger down this little run.....i come undone...

Princess NookieBoobsBouncing of the Purple Sarong Tribe

Status
    attached
    budli -

I'm sorry about your injury and that it will prevent you from working in your chosen field....

I wish you great success with your new learning opportunity and for you to achieve a level of optimal wellness in consideration of your injury.

Status
    On My Own
    Get up, brush yourself off, learn from your mistakes and try again. There's no such thing as too femme!
    Just saw this thread and look forward to discussion, encouragement, etc. We can help keep each other motivated and be a sounding board when venting is needed. I am 43. So I am way past 30. I am presently enrolled in a paralegal program. I am thinking next year I will try to get accepted into law school. That means 44 and just beginning with that endeavor. But you know what? I refuse to settle anymore when it comes to pursuing what I want and neither should you that are reading this post. So what if my age is advanced. lol So what if there may be obstacles. They are there for me to step on and move higher. So if you want to go back to school, change careers, go for it! You can do this! The only way you fail is if you do not try.

*ok, enough of my rah rah speeach. lol*
    Last edited by GentleTiger; 04-04-2005 at 11:56 AM.

Status
    Married to the one and only Deuce
    Luvin. I think it would be a great idea for you!! Good luck!
    Porcelain Doll/Greek Goddess
    7/22/1967 - 12/14/2004
    Rest In Peace

Miss you Angel girl.

Some folks don't have issues they have subscriptions !

Status
    ...i'm lost...can i come home with u?....
    Born stupid? Try again.
    thanku Eve for those encouraging words & GT ..u go for it , never mind the third age for learning ..let's hear it for the middle agers!!

*big cheers and pats on the back all round*
    When God made me She dropped a stitch
    If you slide your finger down this little run.....i come undone...

Princess NookieBoobsBouncing of the Purple Sarong Tribe

Status
    single
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai
    Luvin. I think it would be a great idea for you!! Good luck!

Thank you Kai,,appreciate the support

Status
    attached
    GTiger -

The legal program sounds very interesting, have you chosen an area of specialization?

I agree that this thread will be a great resource for support to help everyone along their path.

Status
    Equal Opprotunity Flirt
    Don't ever question the value of volunteers. Noah's Ark was built by volunteers; the Titanic was built by professionals.

Hey Bro...

At 40, I am going on my 5th year at at two year college trying to get my Associates Degree in Police Science Technology. Why has it taken so long you may ask??? Well, when I first started taking classes I was just going for the education and not the degree. I took all the elective classes because they were the most interesting. Well now I have decided to go for the degree... lol I have to take all the boring stuff like math and history...lol

GO FOR IT!!!!
    Nickolas
    www.myspace.com/nicks2cents

I always wondered why somebody didn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.
    --Lily Tomlin

"Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley
    I am 32 and am currently finishing up my Master's while working full-time as well. I only have to attend classes once a week, which is nice, but it sure makes for a long day to work all day and then sit in a classroom all night. I am considering starting a phD in English in the next couple of years and may even take a 2 year leave of absence from work to work on it if I decide it is financially feasible.

Good luck to all those who are going back to school or thinking about it!
    Come, Venus, come
    Hither with thy golden cup,
    Where nectar-floated flowerets swim.
    Fill, fill the goblet up;
    These laughing lips shall kiss the brim,--
    Come, Venus, come!
    ~Sappho, anon. translation

Status
    The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women created for men. ~Alice Walker
    31 and back in school myself. Trying to get my Associates of Science. This is a great thread to read if you're older and thinking about going back to school. Helps you gain some confidence.

No one said it would be easy. But as you get older, you realize the rewards that you will get by completing school finally.
    Hey there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Don't eat me.

Status
    The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women created for men. ~Alice Walker
    31 and back in school myself. Trying to get my Associates of Science. This is a great thread to read if you're older and thinking about going back to school. Helps you gain some confidence.

No one said it would be easy. But as you get older, you realize the rewards that you will get by completing school finally.
    Hey there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Don't eat me.

Status
    Single and NOT into games
    PAIN is weakness leaving the body!
    I am currently back back in college working on my second degree. I'll be 30 come June. I could be done in one year if I was able to just attend school but I have been going nights and weekends around work so it is taking me a little and so far have managed to be free of all loans and such. It is so nice to know I have paid for this all myself. I am also crazy in that I want to next get a law degree or my masters in business. SO I think I will continue well into my 30's with school

J

I have achieved many many things in my life now its time I share my world with that someone special

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by budli
    hi luvin...

good thread topic....

i've just found out today that my career in nursing is over due to injury to my neck & shoulder...so now i'm having to re-think what i'm going to do....so at the age of 38...i will be going back to college to re-train in something...possibly
    Counselling...as it's still within the mental health field...just without the physical side which i can no longer do.

it's scary , cos leaving somewhere where i know everyone & everyone knows me ...to embark on a completely new venture is venturing into the unknown...but hey, it's a challenge.

good luck to each & every one of us who are doing just this.

never to old to learn something new.
    I know the feeling, I injured myself when I flew off a horse in 85..If I could, I would love to be a paramedic..but guess my path is not supposed to go that way..

Go for it GT

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinn
    I am 32 and am currently finishing up my Master's while working full-time as well. I only have to attend classes once a week, which is nice, but it sure makes for a long day to work all day and then sit in a classroom all night. I am considering starting a phD in English in the next couple of years and may even take a 2 year leave of absence from work to work on it if I decide it is financially feasible.

Good luck to all those who are going back to school or thinking about it!
    \

Cinn, , GO SISTER!!!.. that is amazing

Basic Member
    Status
    Attached.
    If your not real or willing to back up your bullshit then step down.....

School , School , School.....

I decided to go back and get my business degree about two years ago. I have been working on it slowly but getting there. I realized how important a degree was when I watch this billion dollar company, (one of our vendors) get sold. When that happen the Vice President who had been there for 25 years and was just like family was let go. When they sold this company it was bought by a Japanese company. The Japanese dont really care about family ties, but what they do care about is education. If you dont have the paper your not educated. Talking to this man and watching him continue at the age of 52 and starting over was an eye opener. Dont want that for me!

I love going to school. It does get hard at times but it has been alot of fun.

Status
    Single
    Women should be tough, tender, laugh as much as possible, and live long lives. The struggle for equality continues unabated, and the woman warrior who is armed with wit and courage will be among the f

Lightbulb Going back to school after 40...

I got my Bachelors at age 48 after 7 LONG years and then did my Masters in 2 years. Now that I am 50 ... I am still stuck in the secretarial pool and can't get out. Do I regret it? Not in this lifetime. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! I would offer some advice ~ do you want to live in your area? If so, keep close watch of the want ads. It doesn't make much sense to go to be a Marine Biologist and live in Utah. (No offense but there is no Ocean in Utah last time I checked)

If moving out of state is an option ~, beware of out of state/area tuition hikes. These could double your costs.

For me, I was lucky to get a job on-campus and eventually qualify for staff rates which are very reduced but the jobs are hard to get. I worked as a student worker in my chosen field, became the one everyone turned to for help and then when a job came open, I was the logical choice. It takes a lot of time and committment.

I agree, stay off jobs that involve your legs and arm. Once a problem, age only compounds the problem. If you like cooking, an aspect to look into might be in Hotel/Restaurant Management rather than standing all day at minimum wage while you become established. (Work with the brain and not in pain.)

I argued with the Psychology professors here so I *know* I would have a difficult time respecting what they are teaching when I have an alternative point of view. Are you willing to leave yourself out of your assignments?

There are wonderful people to learn from; are you a learner by sight, doing, reading, mentored, spoken, showed... I suggest begin with a placement test and a good advisor. Those preliminary classes are killers to weed out the folks who really aren't interested in school and the upper level with elective courses are the "meat" of the programs and much more interesting. I did those first to keep my grades up and then almost lost the whole gpa when faced with Mico and Macroeconomics. And Statistics, OMG! It's torture but worth getting through.

Just my 2 cents.
    >i< Lavender Wynd
    I am treating you as my friend,
    asking you to share my present minuses
    in the hope that I can ask you
    to share my future pluses.
    ~ Katherine Mansfield

Basic Member
    Status
    Attached.
    If your not real or willing to back up your bullshit then step down.....

wow..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender_Wynd
    I got my Bachelors at age 48 after 7 LONG years and then did my Masters in 2 years. Now that I am 50 ... I am still stuck in the secretarial pool and can't get out. Do I regret it? Not in this lifetime. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! I would offer some advice ~ do you want to live in your area? If so, keep close watch of the want ads. It doesn't make much sense to go to be a Marine Biologist and live in Utah. (No offense but there is no Ocean in Utah last time I checked)

If moving out of state is an option ~, beware of out of state/area tuition hikes. These could double your costs.

For me, I was lucky to get a job on-campus and eventually qualify for staff rates which are very reduced but the jobs are hard to get. I worked as a student worker in my chosen field, became the one everyone turned to for help and then when a job came open, I was the logical choice. It takes a lot of time and committment.

I agree, stay off jobs that involve your legs and arm. Once a problem, age only compounds the problem. If you like cooking, an aspect to look into might be in Hotel/Restaurant Management rather than standing all day at minimum wage while you become established. (Work with the brain and not in pain.)

I argued with the Psychology professors here so I *know* I would have a difficult time respecting what they are teaching when I have an alternative point of view. Are you willing to leave yourself out of your assignments?

There are wonderful people to learn from; are you a learner by sight, doing, reading, mentored, spoken, showed... I suggest begin with a placement test and a good advisor. Those preliminary classes are killers to weed out the folks who really aren't interested in school and the upper level with elective courses are the "meat" of the programs and much more interesting. I did those first to keep my grades up and then almost lost the whole gpa when faced with Mico and Macroeconomics. And Statistics, OMG! It's torture but worth getting through.

Just my 2 cents.
    >i< Lavender Wynd

Way too go

Status
    Attached to my cats lmao
    at the root of most bad behavior is fear.

no debt education

[B]y'all ROCK[/B] well, while i may not have as much energy and my memory may not be as sharp as it was ten years ago, i'm considerably more focused and motivated as an older student.

after finishing my undergrad degree, i switched tracks and decided that i wanted to be a doctor. i worked full-time at a university and received full tuition benefits in return -- going to school the no debt way. it's a phenomenal option that even the top colleges and universities offer their employees. there was a janitor at my school who graduated at the same time as did his daughter. b/c he worked there, both received full tuition waivers. for those of you juggling families who need a salary and healthcare benefits while going to school, this route is a tough but good option. something to consider.

good luck to all of you returning to school. forever is too long to spend doing something you don't want to do.

magnolia
    the most intimidating and dangerous thing is a woman's memory.

at the root of most bad behavior is fear.

nothing is personal, yet everything is taken to be.

Status
    MARRIED IN MA 2004
    Don't sweat the small stuff in life.

Thumbs up Wow!

I've been mulling over going back to school for years. The older I get the more intimidated I get by the thought. Those highschool Trig, Calculus, and Physics classes were a lifetime ago, or so it seems. After reading the pep talks in this thread, I feel ready to go!
    My biggest problem after all these years is that I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. ( really!) Does anyone know where I can take one of those tests to give me some sort of career direction?

Congrats to everyone who has taken the plunge! I'm impressed and inspired.

LTB

Status
    attached
    LTB

I think most community colleges offer this service....

I know the feeling about not knowing what I want to be when I grow up....I bounce from one idea to the next for my "next" career...I would prefer to work for myself, but need the steady pay...so I work on projects in my free time and research ideas for new "real" jobs as I get ideas or inspiration from other people....

Good luck!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deering
    I decided to go back and get my business degree about two years ago. I have been working on it slowly but getting there. I realized how important a degree was when I watch this billion dollar company, (one of our vendors) get sold. When that happen the Vice President who had been there for 25 years and was just like family was let go. When they sold this company it was bought by a Japanese company. The Japanese dont really care about family ties, but what they do care about is education. If you dont have the paper your not educated. Talking to this man and watching him continue at the age of 52 and starting over was an eye opener. Dont want that for me!

I love going to school. It does get hard at times but it has been alot of fun.
    I am in that position right now, there are several postions I could take, but do not have that degree behind me...some of the jobs I have created many moons ago now require that piece of paper...wanted to change what I wanted to do in life anyway

Status
    ...It is what it is until it isn't.

Yes..

Im 37 and have been back in school the last 2 years:

I sold Real Estate for 10 yrs before taking 8 months out and then going back to school to submerge myself in ART! Something I've always wanted to do.

Majoring in Filmmaking - Minor in Creative Writing

I would have to agree with all who have said it is never too late.

Follow your Heart, Follow your Dreams ...

I commend you!

Status
    I found my BoiNextDoor.
    I swear someday I will grow up
    Luvin....

It is an awesome idea....just go for it...think too much about "age" and most people back out.

I will be 32 in May..I have one year to go to get my degree in nursing. I am so happy I am in school now, as opposed to going right out of high school. I am more centered and driven to achieve what I need to. I have 2 little kids, and all of their activities...I live on little sleep. Trust me it is worth it.

I will have no worries about my retirement (not gonna even touch the social security issue here grrrrrrrr!) I have already been offered a postition at OSU Med Center, basically because I LOVE what I do.

Find what makes you happy and run with it. It will pay off.

~Jenn

Status
    single butch traveling on a white horse in search of a fine femme woman
    "we were born to struggle, to face the challenges of our lifetime, and ultimately, to evolve to a higher consciousness." -quincy jones.
    My mother did finish a four year degree by her early twenties, but she never did what she wanted to do with it. She really wanted to teach. So, in her mid forties, she enrolled at a local university in order to get a teaching degree. It did take her a couple of years, but for her it was well worth it, and I think she got a lot out of it. Now she teaches at an elementary school for kids with disabilities and behavioral problems.

I don't think it's ever too late to go back to school. Of course, I'm only 23, so I'm not thinking about it myself (yet), but you know what they say, you're in trouble when you stop learning.

-ys

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information