The Site Owner (Miz Chris) and moderators appreciate the good people who make Butch-Femme.com such a nice home for so many, and we are glad you found us. By agreeing to these terms as you engage the community resources on Butch-Femme.com and affiliate sites, you're helping to keep this place clean and well-lit by taking responsibility for your own actions. The Site Owner (Miz Chris) has created these rules and guidelines to protect our online community, and to ensure that Butch-Femme.com remains a supportive and fun haven for Butches and Femmes to log into. Also, by making these conditions clear up front, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) offers clear communication regarding the actions that will be taken should someone deliberately cause problems in our community. Be aware that we log all IP addresses to this site. Butch-Femme.com is policed by the community at large and by volunteer moderators. If you encounter another member who isn't abiding by these Terms of Service, please contact Miz Chris or one of the moderators.
The Terms of Service are for your continued use of this website is subject to changes and updates, and it is your responsibility as a user of this site to discontinue use of Butch-Femme.com and affiliate sites if you do not agree with any changes to the Terms of Service or Guidelines. Your continued use of Butch-Femme.com and affiliate sites will signify your acceptance of any change in the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any mention of Butch-Femme.com assumes that affiliate sites and resources are also included in these terms. The Site Owner (Miz Chris), Administrator, List Wranglers, Moderators, and other community leaders and volunteers shall not be liable to you for any breach of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of, please cease logging into Butch-Femme.com.
2. Butch-Femme.com Anti-Racism Statement/Understanding White Privilege
Written by white Butch-Femme.com community members, for other white community members, this statement is a work in progress.
This statement was inspired by: The Anti-racism FAQs, a collaborative effort of the hipmama.com hipTalk discussion boards, with questions and answers written by community members or taken from actual conversations with newcomers to our community. The Anti-racism FAQs were edited by Monica Finn, Lisa George, Nadine Mondestin, Tedra Osell, Daria Penta, Michelle Scheidel, and Gzifa Williams. The complementary glossary and recommended reading list was edited by Monica Finn and can be found at http://www.piercer.com/glossary.htmland http://www.piercer.com/morereading.html respectively.
Butch-Femme.com is an anti-racist community. Although white people often make up the majority of the membership at any given time, we are not only white people. We want to make sure that people of color feel welcome here, and we are committed to the anti-racist integrity of our community, which is why this statement is here.
There is an existing culture of white privilege, particularly in the United States and other Euro-centric countries, which needs on-going critical examination. Therefore in many queer communities, including B/F, those of us who are white must commit ourselves to fighting racism with the same energy we put into fighting sexism, homophobia and transphobia.
Protecting ourselves from the painful realities of racism by assuming that we don’t have to deal with it here is a luxury that our brothers and sisters of color never have. One aspect of white privilege is the ability to claim "ignorance," or “color-blindness,” or to bow out when issues of racism comes up.
Of course no white person coming to Butch-Femme is expected to be an expert at unlearning racism, so some of the basic concepts are included here. These concepts have been eye-opening at some point for many white people. Because of the daily reality of white privilege, all white people stand to benefit from reviewing these basics. Living anti-racist principles is an ongoing process for all of us.
Admitting that our interactions, ideas, and choices are effected by our white privilege is the first step in unlearning racism. It does not mean that white people are terrible or guilty or to blame, it means that as white folks, we have to do conscious work.
We're used to thinking of the word "racist" in connection with active hatred. That allows us to assume that so long as we're not being hateful, we're not being racist. But racism isn't just about the obvious bigotry of any one person - it's also about unconscious assumptions, norms and privileges, that show up in our “institutions,” including our laws, schools, hospitals, churches, etc. Racism, and other “-isms,” is like wearing a lens through which everything is seen a certain way. Racism means we see things through the lens afforded us by our race and privilege as a member of the dominant group (white people) from a platform shaped by the dominant culture (white culture).
And here’s the hard part: racism and white privilege are so entrenched that every single white person is implicated, whether or not we are actively and overtly racist. The pain of recognizing that is part of the cost of racism to white people. Usually we think of racism as a problem that people of color have to deal with, but it’s not POC that have to unlearn racism, it’s white folks. None of us are exempt. Racism is not someone else's problem. That’s also why this statement is here.
There are times when the ideas in a post might be confronted as racist. If that happens to you, take a moment and ask yourself why. It may be an opportunity to unlearn some of the unconscious racism we all carry. Try to see it as a learning opportunity. If you apologize, do so without defending yourself or trying to explain what you "really meant." You cannot demand forgiveness; you can try to learn from the experience and do better in the future.
Even if we have friends, lovers, or children who are people of color, as white folks we always have work to do. Having these relationships doesn’t make us exempt either. Our friends, partners, and children of color do not exclude us from experiencing white privilege and thus benefiting from racism.
"Colorblindness" is another manifestation of white privilege. Saying that it doesn't matter to you what color people are - doesn't make the racism people of color experience go away. The fact is, we do live in a racist society, and color does matter a great deal to people of color. They have to deal with racism every day of their lives.
"Reverse racism" is another term that clouds the reality of racism. It is usually used by white people to deny the benefits of white privilege. For example, the term has been used to criticize affirmative action policies for allegedly giving "preferential treatment" to people of color over whites. But an attempt to redress decades of racism cannot be called racist; it is instead a response to the oppressive and racist conditions that people of color must contend with. “Reverse racism” assumes a level playing field, but under global white supremacy, there is no level playing field and so there is no such thing as "reverse racism."
People of color are often asked to explain to white people how to become anti-racist. It’s natural to want to ask how we can help make a difference. But asking them also means they have to deal with racism again and somehow be responsible for undoing it. People of color are not responsible for fighting racism, even though they do it all the time. As white people we can educate ourselves by talking to other white people, reading books and articles, and by listening to the experiences that people of color choose to share with us.
Of course, many of us deal with various forms of oppression or suffer the effects of different “isms.” Many of us are women, queer, poor, or marginalized in other ways.
You can be oppressed in one area and still have privilege in other areas. Women are oppressed by patriarchy and suffer from sexism, queers are oppressed by heterocentrism, and suffer homophobia/transphobia, but if one is white, the world still grants the privileges that go along with being white.
So here are some things we can do:
· Listen to what people of color say about their experiences of racism and recognize them as the experts. We don’t know better than they do.
· Set aside defensiveness and stay open to hearing about racism/white privilege.
· Realize that the feelings and experiences people of color have about racism are more important than making sure no one thinks we are racist.
· Acknowledge that mistakes will be made.
· Become an anti-racist ally.
We become anti-racist allies when we accept that we are part of a racist culture and work to challenge the assumptions that come along with white privilege. We identify and confront racism when we encounter it, and open up dialogue with other whites in order for progress to be made against racism. Anti-racism work is not about alleviating our guilt or discomfort, or about asking for forgiveness. It’s about striving for justice.
In the process of becoming an effective anti-racist ally, everyone falls somewhere on this spectrum:
Spectrum of Awareness (reprinted with permission of Progroup, Inc.)
Naive - This person acts with no knowledge or awareness of biases and prejudices and their impact on others. Once someone has pointed out your actions, you can no longer be considered naive.
Perpetrator - This person is aware of biases and prejudices but continues these behaviors and reinforces and rewards bigotry.
Avoider - This person is aware of biases and prejudices but tolerates disrespectful behavior by "playing it safe".
Change Agent - This person takes an active role in creating an environment that helps all people excel. (This is where we all should strive to be)
Fighter - This person attacks all actions and confronts all behaviors and is always on the look out for injustice. This person is combative and burns out often.
Please take a moment to read Butch-Femme.com’s Anti-Racism FAQ
3. Butch-Femme.com Code of Conduct
You alone are responsible for the content and consequences of your messages in chat rooms, the Forum, on mailing lists and all other services provided on Butch-Femme.com and affiliate sites. We will not remove your accounts, messages, ads, and/or photos for you as a service; however, we do reserve the right to remove or edit any content on our web site at our discretion. The Site Owner (Miz Chris) also reservse the right to immediately terminate your access to our services and contact both Abuse.Net and your service provider or law enforcement officials if we become aware and determine, in our sole discretion, that you are violating any of the following terms:
- Butch-Femme.com was build to be a friendly space. Snarky commentary will no longer be tolerated in any form. AND it is the sole discretion of the Site Owner (Miz Chris) and Moderators to determine what constitutes snarky content and/or behavior. You agree to refrain from making snarky commentary.
- Innuendo, sideways comments, backhanded remarks are no longer tolerated nor welcomed on this site. You agree to the best of your ability to refrain from engaging in this type of behavior.
- Commentary on the Site Owner's (Miz Chris) and/or any of the Moderator’s private lives constitutes an automatic lifetime ban. You agree to refrain from making public commentary on the Site Owne'sr (Miz Chris)’s and/or any Moderator’s private lives.
- Public debate of moderator’s moderating is not allowed. If you have an issue with how something was moderated you must private message the moderator. If you feel you cannot have it resolved with the moderator it may be escalated to the Site Owner (Miz Chris). The Site Owner (Miz Chris) is the final word on resolution. You agree to not publicly debate the moderator’s moderating.
- You agree not to use abuse contacts with other Butch-Femme.com community members and users in public or in private, or to use our member database to send or post on any place on Butch-Femme.com or affiliate sites any message or material of any kind or nature that is divisive, unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, rude, advertising, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable. Nor will you encourage conduct nor post or send any material of any kind that could fragment the community or silence others, incite problems for the Site Owner (Miz Chris), cause other members to report your posts, or make other users feel unwelcome or unsafe. You agree that you will attempt to state your opinions with respect and tolerance for others and to resolve disagreements in private.
- You agree not to make your personal dramas public, or name names of other users who may be embarrassed by your posts, or post information from other sites, journals, private messages, social networking sites, or blogs to embarrass, belittle, or disturb the privacy of another member.
- You agree not to post anything that may constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, and you understand that the Site Owner (Miz Chris) at Butch-Femme.com will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies in the investigation of any person or persons who use our community resource to engage in criminal or libelous action.
- The Butch-Femme.com Site Owner (Miz Chris) reserves the right to delete and/or preserve any material that violates the TOS.
- Butch-Femme.com and affiliate sites are to be used by you for your personal use only. Do NOT use our resources or our database of members for spamming information about other sites or competing resources; engaging in any fundraising, charity, or boycotting efforts; or sending invitations to Butch-Femme.com related gatherings without prior consent, especially where money is involved. Unless prior written consent from the owner of Butch-Femme.com and any affiliated sites has been granted in writing, any use by you of any other user's information, personal or otherwise, for any mass-marketing or any commercial purpose or to obtain direct financial gain is strictly prohibited. If you attempt to use our resources for your own gain financially or socially, or attempt to damage the reputation of our site or defame our character and standing in the community at large, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) fully reserves the right to seek legal counsel and prosecute in civil or criminal court.
- You agree that you will not use our resources for fundraising (including fundraising efforts for this site without prior consent), boycotting, chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming,' solicitations (commercial or non-commercial, including solicitations to join other web communities) or bulk communications of any kind including but not limited to distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a list.
- You further agree that you will not use our name “Butch-Femme.com”, nor our reputation or resources and mailing lists to engage in any political activity, fundraising effort, charity raising, boycotting activity, or to send invitation to our members to gather for any activity that requires a fee, dues, or donations for any reason without prior consent from the Site Owner (Miz Chris)s. We ask that users contact us before organizing any events or activities advertised to our users.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including impersonating another user, a Webmaster, a Site Owner (Miz Chris), Moderator, or any volunteer of Butch-Femme.com.
- You agree not to use an inappropriate member name of any kind, or to upload an icon or avatar that may potentially offend others.
- You further agree not to create or use multiple accounts. IP addresses are visible to Moderators and you will be banned if you use multiple accounts to cause any sort of havoc.
- You agree not to use our resources for stalking purposes, and to resolve breakups and personal relationship issues offsite. We do not get involved in the drama of our users nor take sides in breakups and relationship issues. We will suspend accounts of anyone using these resources to work out personal issues.
- You agree not to post or use Butch-Femme.com to distribute or send any illegal material of any kind, including but not limited to, illegal or copyrighted material in the form of text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Posting content or participating in any form of discussion with the intention to commit any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
- Since we do not employ strict age verification services through COPPA guidelines, and because many of our users access the site at work or at home in front of children or family members, you agree not to post images of a pornographic nature. You also agree to post a warning in the subject line or a clear title that reflects the subject of the post when submitting any stories or words which might be deemed pornographic.
- You agree to respect the privacy of other users and offer a degree of anonymity in regard to what is shared on Butch-Femme.com.
- You agree not to act as a Moderator unless you have been appointed that position by the Admin.
- If you decide to leave the community, you agree to do so in peace without making public announcements designed to garner attention.
- You agree to help the community uphold the standards of this site by making the Site Owner (Miz Chris) or Moderators aware of any breach of these terms by other users. You further agree to abide by and uphold the Terms of Service, and to assist the Site Owner (Miz Chris)s in upholding the spirit of community on Butch-Femme.com and any affiliate sites.
The User Infraction System has been designed to automate the management of misbehaving users. There are Infraction Levels that are based on the content of Butch-Femme.com. Butch-Femme.com has identified some of the most egregious and common infractions as indicated with the matrix below. The matrix includes the infraction and corresponding points associated with said infraction. BF.com reserves the right to add to this list at any time and without notice. It is the sole responsibility of each user of Butch-Femme.com resources to be aware of the current Infraction Matrix always located within the TOS.
There are four levels of infractions: warning, infraction, timeout and ban.
- Warnings have no points associated with them. These Warnings are friendly reminders to the member that their behavior is riding the line of violating the TOS. Warnings are given as a courtesy to allow members to correct their own behavior.
- Infractions have points associated with them (Infraction Matrix). When you receive an infraction the points associated with that infraction will be added to your account. Most of these infractions expire after 1 year.
- Timeouts have points associated with them. There are TWO ways to receive a timeout. The first way is to accumulate enough points to go into automatic timeout. The second way is for a moderator to give you a timeout. Either way a timeout is 14 days long and your permissions to Butch-Femme.com will automatically be revoked by the system
- Bans are final. Once a member is banned from the site it is in perpetuity. There are TWO ways to be banned. If, within a year, you accumlate 100 Infraction points the system will automatically ban you. If a member grossly violates the TOS, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) may ban a member outright.
|Inappropriate Language||5||12 months|
|TOS Violation||15||12 months|
|Chat Violation||15||12 months|
|Galleries Violation||15||12 months|
|Insulted another member(s)||25||12 months|
5. Access Denied/Termination
Users are asked to accept and follow the Terms of Service while interacting in this online community. Butch-Femme.com is intended as a peaceful haven specifically for those who self-identify as Butch or Femme. It is a requirement of your membership that you invest in fostering the spirit of goodwill and community and to interact with tolerance for others. You agree to respect and follow the guidance of Site Owner (Miz Chris), Moderators, and official volunteers. Upon any breach by you of these Terms of Service, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) of Butch-Femme.com reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to immediately suspend or terminate without notice or warning your ability to access Butch-Femme.com and/or any other affiliated web sites. If a banned member continues to attempt to access the site by creating multiple accounts, we will consider this action to be harassment and we will take the appropriate action, i.e. banning your IP from any access and contacting your ISP and/or Abuse.Net.
6. Loss of Privileges/Warning/Infractions/Timeout/Bans
Please refer to the Infraction Matrix to understand the path to loss of Privileges, Timeouts and Bans.
When you utilize certain resources on Butch-Femme.com, you will be required to provide contact information such as an email address, etc. To protect your privacy, the owners of Butch-Femme.com promise to never sell to any third party your name, address, email address and member name, or share your personal information except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws, police investigations, or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant. Butch-Femme.com reserves the right to ban you from our services if you create multiple accounts or provide false or misleading information to us or to other users. We regret we cannot honor requests to delete user accounts nor to delete photos or posts for you.
9. Registrations, Passwords and Sponsor (Paid) Memberships
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user names and passwords that you create for use on Butch-Femme.com. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the Site Owner (Miz Chris) of Butch-Femme.com of any unauthorized use of your registration or password. No one (including the Site Owner (Miz Chris) and Moderators) has access to user passwords. Passwords are encrypted in our system for your privacy. Only you or someone who has access to your designated email can retrieve your password by having the system mail the password to the email address you provided when you registered. If you are banned for violating the TOS, it is understood that the funds you donated to upgrade your account are forfeited. We cannot issue refunds. You cannot transfer "ownership" of a paid account, nor re-sell event tickets.
10. Meetings and Gatherings
You agree to make the Site Owner (Miz Chris) aware if you plan a gathering for members of our site. You agree not to host any events where fees will be charged for users of our site. You agree to only invite and allow current members in good standing to attend any events hosted in the name of our site. Your expressly agree that using the resources and mingling with the other users on Butch-Femme.com online and/or in person is done solely at your own risk. The Site Owner (Miz Chris)s and moderators are not responsible or liable for any mishaps that occur at any gathering or meeting between members and users of this site, including contacts through personal ads, meetings organized by members, the Site Owner (Miz Chris), or Moderators of Butch-Femme.com and/or affiliated sites, or events organized by the Site Owner (Miz Chris). The Site Owner (Miz Chris) accept no responsibility for the actions of any members from this site to those who host events or attend events, and you agree to waive liability for direct, consequential or incidental damages arising therein. The owners of Butch-Femme.com are neither responsible nor liable for your safety or well-being at events or meetings associated with Butch-Femme.com, and you agree not to hold the Site Owner (Miz Chris)s responsible. Furthermore, the owner (Miz Chris) of Butch-Femme.com is not responsible for any accidents or mishaps resulting from organized or spontaneous travel to meet other members and users of Butch-Femme.com.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site Owner (Miz Chris) makes NO WARRANTY that services on our web site will be un-interrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. This resource is provided "as is" and "as available". You understand and agree that Butch-Femme.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information on the site, especially in rendering any legal, medical, counseling, or other advice. The Site Owner (Miz Chris) shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly by the exchange of information suggested or referred to by any user, owner, or volunteer of Butch-Femme.com. As a convenience to our members, we may provide links or allow users to provide links to resources to other sites which are beyond our control and we accept no responsibility for content on sites offered as links. We make no representations as to the suitability of users accessing our personal ads. The owner of Butch-Femme.com specifically disclaim liability for direct, consequential or incidental damages arising from such personal ads or contacts on our site. By posting a personal advertisement on Butch-Femme.com, you are promising that the content of your advertisement is true and that you will indemnify the Site Owner (Miz Chris)s against any claims which may arise from your advertisements and postings, and you waive any claims against the Site Owner (Miz Chris) for your reliance upon statements in advertisements you respond to.
9. Availability of Services and Storage of Content
The Butch-Femme.com Site Owner (Miz Chris) assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store messages for our Forum, or the reliability of our mail programs. We are not responsible for outages or data loss, and we will prune our message boards and any of our web pages as we deem necessary. Because our site runs on a database, we can not remove photos and posts for you once you have submitted them to the site. You are only allowed 30 minutes to edit or delete a post. If you are a member is good standing, you can delete and edit your own photos in our Gallery. If your access to the site is denied for breach of TOS, you understand you will no longer be able to access your photos. If you decide to cease accessing this community site, you understand that we cannot honor any requests to delete member accounts.
10. Ownership of Resources
Butch-Femme.com is a community site largely staffed by volunteers (i.e. mailing list wrangler, forum moderator, chat moderator, etc.). It is expressly understood that any resource a community volunteer is managing belongs solely to the owners of Butch-Femme.com. If a volunteer leaves or is removed from duty, that volunteer agrees not to replicate our existing resources in another location online. We welcome and encourage other online communities that stand on their own, but if a disgruntled user organizes a "revolt" from our site to create an alternative in direct opposition, this can cause an unnecessary and hostile division in our community, especially if our resources are used in the process. If you have a sincere desire to dedicate your time to further establish Butch-Femme community online, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) would prefer to act as allies in your efforts.
11. Remedies for Breach of these Terms
In the event that the Site Owner (Miz Chris) determines, at their sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of these Terms of Service or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for the community spirit of Butch-Femme.com, the Site Owner (Miz Chris) reserve the right to take action in one or more of the following ways:
- Warn you privately or publicly that you have violated these Terms of Service.
- Put you on moderated status.
- Put your account on a "time out" for a specified period of time.
- Immediately deny your access to Butch-Femme.com and any affiliated sites without notice.
- Change your member profile to reflect a banned status.
- Ban your IP address from any access to our server.
- Delete your account and any content provided by you at our discretion.
- Publicly use any content you have provided as an example of bad behavior.
- Send a formal complaint to your service provider.
- Report your activities and send your IP log to Abuse.Net.
- Sue for damages if applicable.
- And/or send content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action, if necessary.
You agree to follow the following guidelines for posting Content to your online journal:
- All Content posted to Butch-Femme.com in any way, is the responsibility and property of the author. Butch-Femme.com is committed to maintaining the Service in a manner reasonably acceptable to all audiences but is not responsible for the monitoring or filtering of any journal Content. Within the confines of international and local law, Butch-Femme.com will generally not place a limit on the type or appropriateness of user content within journals. Those users posting material not suitable for all audiences must agree that they are fully responsible for all the Content they have posted anywhere on the Service. Should Content be deemed illegal by such law having jurisdiction over the user, you agree that Butch-Femme.com may submit all necessary information to, and cooperate with, the proper authorities;
- Should any Content that you have authored be reported to Butch-Femme.com as being offensive or inappropriate, Butch-Femme.com might call upon you to retract, modify, or protect (by means of private and friends only settings) the Content in question within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Butch-Femme.com staff. Should you fail to meet such a request from Butch-Femme.com staff, Butch-Femme.com may terminate your account. Butch-Femme.com, however, is under no obligation to restrict or monitor journal Content in any way;
- Butch-Femme.com claims no ownership or control over any Content posted by its users. The author retains all patent, trademark, and copyright to all Content posted within available fields, and is responsible for protecting those rights, but is not entitled to the help of the Butch-Femme.com staff in protecting such Content. The user posting any Content represents that it has all rights necessary to post such Content (and for Butch-Femme.com to serve such Content) without violation of any intellectual property or other rights of third parties, or any laws or regulations;
- Butch-Femme.com reserves the right, without limitation except by law, to serve any user Content on the web, through the downloadable clients and otherwise.
- You acknowledge that Butch-Femme.com does not pre-screen Content, but that Butch-Femme.coml and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to remove or refuse to remove any Content that is available through the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Butch-Femme.com and its designates shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable, or that infringes or is alleged to infringe intellectual property rights. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Furthermore, Butch-Femme.com reserves the right to limit access to your journal, if found in violation of the TOS, including without limitation the Member Conduct described below, by removing the journal and related user information from the member directory, search engine, and all other methods used in conjunction with finding Butch-Femme.com's users.
13. Member Conduct (Blogs)
You understand that all Content, including without limitation, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. Butch-Femme.com does not control Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the validity of such Content. You also understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Should Content be found or reported to be in violation with, but not limited to, the following terms, it will be Butch-Femme.com's sole discretion as to what action should be taken.
- You agree to NOT use the Service to: Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Butch-Femme.com staff member or volunteer, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Butch-Femme.com or any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another person or company;
- Collect or store personal data about other users for business purposes;
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any governmental entity, group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades, and other weapons or incendiary devices;
- Use Butch-Femme.com as a forwarding service to another website;
- Allow usage by others in such a way as to violate Butch-Femme.com's TOS;
- Engage in commercial activities within Butch-Femme.com or on behalf of Butch-Femme.com without prior approval. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Displaying a banner that is designed to profit you or any other business or organization; and
- Displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
- Employ tactics to prevent the full and complete display of advertisements on Butch-Femme.com pages. These include, but are not limited to, making journal style changes, customizations, or overrides that effectively block or substantially impair the display of advertisements on a Plus account's Content or other pages within the Service.
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for unintended, commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- Exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, accessing and using features that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other people's entries or other content when you have not been granted the privileges to do so.
- If Butch-Femme.com determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any user is in violation of the TOS, Butch-Femme.comretains the right to terminate such user's account at any time without prior notice.
Butch-Femme.com, its Site Owner (Miz Chris) and the moderators wish to thank each and every member for their continued support of the Terms of Service.
Help us rebuild Butch-Femme.com.