PDA

View Full Version : The Butch/FTM Grooming Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 04:22 AM
There have been a number of threads about different aspects of butch/FTM grooming (i.e. - haircuts, clothing, etc). So I though I thought I'd start a thread where all the advice, about our grooming, can be accrued. ;)

Some topics that might be of interest are:

1) Where to get the best haircuts in your area; butches, femmes, or FTM's who GIVE haircuts

2) Best clothing stores to shop at and how to size yourself for men's clothes

3) How to tie a straight and bow tie

4) Manicures and a day at the spa

So...have at it folks! Let's continue the discussion...

Dre---

scentsofautumn
10-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Let's not forget about cologne...

I have about 15 or so different scents of cologne. If the lady has a preference and she just might...ask. I also ask prior to dating if the lady has allergies.

Sexy spots on a lady are her wrists, neck below the ear, a dab near the seductive areas and a dab wherever she may choose.

Sexy spots on a dude...your butt. A lady is always looking at your butt and I do a little spray on that private area right above it and do a spray on your clothing that covers your butt...ya never know. Sometimes a lady will grab that butt cause it's soooo cute and adorable. Wouldn't it be nice that not only does she have a visual but also a sweet scent on her fingertips for the rest of the evening? When she goes into the ladies room to re-apply that lipstick she just might take in that scent of sweet cologne and smile not only at the reminder of your cute and adorable butt but also that you are waiting for her... ;)

Also a dab applied to the neck by the hairline in the back of the neck. The belly button area and ummm ummm near my cock...just a tad there though...just enough...again dudes...ya never know! :o

Remember to dab and spray away from the area you are applying...you just want "enough" to be sexy.

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 05:22 AM
...you just want "enough" to be sexy.

GOOD POINT!!!
We don't wanna choke the poor femme with the odor of our cologne! I can't tell you the numbers of times I've walked by guys who had on enough cologne to choke a wolly mammoth! Try no to overdo it fellas.

Some scents, I've used are Brute (but I've found that it doesn't last very long), Old Spice, and one that I purchased from a friend selling Mary Kay (YES! Mary Kay has cologne for men!) because I liked the smell.

Other sources of scents can be the aromatic oils that are sold in Wiccan shops and places that sell incense.

Dre---

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 05:53 AM
As an FTM in NYC, when I first started getting my hair cut, I always looked for a barber that knew how to do black haircuts (meaning the styles that are well liked by us black fellas ;) ). Mostly, black and latino/a folks will do these styles (i.e. - ceasar with a fade; different emblems - like canibis, "black power" fist, etc. - cut into close cropped dos, etc.). I even had a hook up at one of my jobs, who would give me my cut (and even shapped my beard and moustache when I first started my transition).

Your best bet is always to check out men's magazines and find cuts and styles that you like, and get copies of the pictures to take to your barber. As far as finding barbers/haircutters/stylists, I can only to the places I've been in NY. I USED to go to Astor Place Haircutters in the '80s, when they were the hip place to go (not sure if they're there anymore). But now I have a barber in my neighborhood when I wanna get my beard trimmed.

For you FTM's who get razor bumps (like me (a) ) I've found that using one of those exfoliating sponges, during my shower and then Bump Stopper, after I shave, helps keep the bumps away.

Dre---

scentsofautumn
10-07-2005, 06:11 AM
My sister usually cuts my hair but last week...hhhmmmm she couldn't so, i went to a place that opened in the Chrysler Center. I walked in and the fellow said to me "we don't cut women's hair". I was totally appalled and spoke to the manager about this this n that. Gave both these fellas an informal discussion on barbers and stone butch respect...I also think I raised a few eyebrows on a few dudes sitting in the chairs as well...LOL So, I went to another place across Lex next to Grand Central between 42nd and 43rd...they were very nice there and totally appreciative of servicing a stone butch with hys desires for a total cut and creation of sideburns.

DogWeasel
10-07-2005, 06:13 AM
For tying a tie, the best site I found is:

http://www.menswearhouse.com/home_page/guys_guide/gg30_main.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302068543&bmUID=1128690783594

On the right is a graphic/link that leads to a mirror-image walk through of several styles. You can stand at the computer just as you would your mirror. I find the half-windsor works best for me.

Toughy
10-07-2005, 06:41 AM
concerning ties..

the type of knot tied is dependent on the collar of the shirt you wear...a half windsor works for most, especially button down collars, however if the collar is one of those wide collars, you will find that the full windsor looks the best....and don't forget to pull the back of the collar down over the tie...it bugs me to no end to have the tie sticking out at the back of the collar...laughin...

cologne:

amen to 'more is NOT better'.....that goes for femmes also....just a dab will do....after all you want them to get close to you to smell...*weg*

I use Grey Flannel (Geoffrey Beane) and lately I have been using an Eddie Bauer one....I forget the name

haircuts:

I am way way picky about that....right now an old femme friend of mine cuts my hair and she does it just like I want...actually I prefer femmes to cut my hair.......laughin...

more later....

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 07:21 AM
My sister usually cuts my hair but last week...hhhmmmm she couldn't so, i went to a place that opened in the Chrysler Center. I walked in and the fellow said to me "we don't cut women's hair". I was totally appalled and spoke to the manager about this this n that. Gave both these fellas an informal discussion on barbers and stone butch respect...I also think I raised a few eyebrows on a few dudes sitting in the chairs as well...LOL So, I went to another place across Lex next to Grand Central between 42nd and 43rd...they were very nice there and totally appreciative of servicing a stone butch with hys desires for a total cut and creation of sideburns.

YOU GO BOI!!!! Good for you! Their loss; because you spent your money (and tip) somewhere else!

Dre----

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 07:23 AM

http://www.menswearhouse.com/home_page/guys_guide/gg30_main.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302068543&bmUID=1128690783594

On the right is a graphic/link that leads to a mirror-image walk through of several styles. You can stand at the computer just as you would your mirror. I find the half-windsor works best for me.

WHAT A GREAT SITE!!!!!!

I'd forgotten how to do the Windsor and Half Windsor, but was able to get a half windsor in just a few minutes!!!

Thanks for posting this!

Dre---

Sun
10-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Draykko thanks for starting this thread. Just yesterday I was thinking that it would be great to have all of this information consolidated so thank you.

I feel like I spend a lot of time on grooming. Just this week it has been haircut, color and waxing. Good grief. I dont mind doing it but wow...its time consuming.
Then theres the maintaining the eyebrows....imagine what the femmes must go through?

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 08:27 AM
You're welcome Sun! Share your grooming tips if you like.

Now about manicures: for those of us who like nail clippers and use them frequently, are there any words of wisdom from our fellow butches and FTM's? Advice from femmes is welcome too (after all "butch hands as sex organs" affect you as well (6) ).

Dre---

patonina
10-07-2005, 08:59 AM
OK, admittedly I'm reading this thread and drooling :p !! I'm a high maintenance femme that loves butches and FTMS that take the time to take care of themselves and are not afraid of admitting they are metrosexual! Yippee for this thread!!

OK bois, here are some tips:
-when doing nails, file them both on the top and edges and make sure to pull clip any hangnails short. As well for those with rigids in your nails, a small pumice stone will file them down.

-please add some nice hand cream (and you can get boy smelling ones) to finish that grooming off and to add moisture to your hands (I can't tellyou enough how annoying it is to hold rough hands!)

-Iron, iron, and iron!!! A nicely kept butch is very noticeable and hot when he wears pants with the crease properly made and the shirt tucked in properly!!

-Use face products for bois! They are out there and they work. Especially cream for moisturizing cuz' there is nothing sweeter than stroking your hands on a smooth butch face. Eye cream can do wonders to your complexion as well!

Ok, just salivating imagining all you metrosexual!!

Congrats on the thread!

P. (k)

Sun
10-07-2005, 09:22 AM
OK, admittedly I'm reading this thread and drooling :p !! I'm a high maintenance femme that loves butches and FTMS that take the time to take care of themselves and are not afraid of admitting they are metrosexual! Yippee for this thread!!

OK bois, here are some tips:
-when doing nails, file them both on the top and edges and make sure to pull clip any hangnails short. As well for those with rigids in your nails, a small pumice stone will file them down.

-please add some nice hand cream (and you can get boy smelling ones) to finish that grooming off and to add moisture to your hands (I can't tellyou enough how annoying it is to hold rough hands!)

-Iron, iron, and iron!!! A nicely kept butch is very noticeable and hot when he wears pants with the crease properly made and the shirt tucked in properly!!

-Use face products for bois! They are out there and they work. Especially cream for moisturizing cuz' there is nothing sweeter than stroking your hands on a smooth butch face. Eye cream can do wonders to your complexion as well!

Congrats on the thread!

P. (k)

Smiling at this post. Thanks Patonina...those are some great tips.

I had to lol at the ironing advice. Those who know me know that I iron like crazy. I have even been known to iron a t-shirt before going outside to get the newspaper in the morning. My grandmother taught my brother and I how to iron at a very young age so that we would always look well put together.

As for nails...wow. I am so into taking care of the hands. Especially when I know that I am going to be intimate, I really make sure that the nails are taken care of, but I dont go to a manicurist because the fumes in the shops would kill me. So I am really intersted in any home manicure tips. As for moisturizing hands..this is an area not to be neglected. I carry a special moisturizer in my briefcase and stop to use it several times a day. If my hands are going to be on her body, then this is a priority to me.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that moisturizes as much as I do. I have to really. I use an all body moisturizer after showering and at least once mid day depending on the weather, and a facial moisturizer as well.

If I am in a hot climate like Palm Springs, I moisturize more often and drink extra water. B vitamins and antioxidants will also help to keep skin healthy. Dont forget to exfoliate either. This is a mistake that a lot of people make. Not just facial exfoliation but all over. Try a dead sea salt scrub.

On that note, if anyone is looking for a great skin cream that heals and regenrates cells, PM me. My buddy Ron invented an amazing cream that rebuilds cells. Its remarkable. Several people on this site have used it and can testify. Its an aloe based product made with a crystal powder that was originally discovered in the healing waters of Lourdes France.

patonina
10-07-2005, 09:25 AM
[b][color=#000080]You would be hard pressed to find anyone that moisturizes as much as I do. I have to really. I use an all body moisturizer after showering and at least once mid day depending on the weather, and a facial moisturizer as well.

You can also buy mosturizer that you can use in the shower like a conditioner that cuts down on time but works like a charm. Oil of Olay makes one and I'm pretty sure you can get it unscented so you don't end up smelling all girly!

Loving the thread, bois!!! (l)

P. (k)

Sun
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
You can also buy mosturizer that you can use in the shower like a conditioner that cuts down on time but works like a charm. Oil of Olay makes one and I'm pretty sure you can get it unscented so you don't end up smelling all girly!

Loving the thread, bois!!! (l)

P. (k)

Really? Hmmmm...I would not have thought of that! I made the mistake of using baby oil once when I ran out of moisturizer....well that did not go over big with the lady that I was seeing at the time! Nothing like that "just bathed" baby scent.

Any tips for shampoos that really get the gel's, pomades and general junk that we use out of our hair?

patonina
10-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I cannot stress to use shampoo AND conditioner for you bois. I know you guys love your hair products (and I'm sure some of you can compete with us femmes on that subject -You know who you are!) but it's not just shampoo that works on getting the junk out. If you're using a shampoo everyday, use something that is right for your hair. Those of you with fine hair, don't use anything that over moisturizing cuz' that just makes your hair limp. And I can tell you none of us femmes like limp bois! *wink. Try something gentle like neutragena or go to a hair salon and ask them what they recommend. You're not obligated to buying their products but at least they'll point you in the right direction. For you bois with thick locks, buy something with moisturizers or volumizing shapoos and conditioners. And this may seem strange but don't wash your hair everyday but condition it instead. Shampooing every day for those with thick hair only strips it and makes it greasy and less managable!!! (I know cuz' I've got a head of hair!!) That helps not only taking the frizz but I can guarantee that you won't have too use so much product afterwards!!

P. (k)

Sun
10-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I cannot stress to use shampoo AND conditioner for you bois. I know you guys love your hair products (and I'm sure some of you can compete with us femmes on that subject -You know who you are!) but it's not just shampoo that works on getting the junk out. If you're using a shampoo everyday, use something that is right for your hair. Those of you with fine hair, don't use anything that over moisturizing cuz' that just makes your hair limp. And I can tell you none of us femmes like limp bois! *wink. Try something gentle like neutragena or go to a hair salon and ask them what they recommend. You're not obligated to buying their products but at least they'll point you in the right direction. For you bois with thick locks, buy something with moisturizers or volumizing shapoos and conditioners. That helps not only taking the frizz but I can guarantee that you won't have too use so much product afterwards!!

P. (k)

My best friend is a stylist who would agree with you. On that note I think that its important to use a "quality" line of products for the hair.

I have really thick hair and it will get dry if I dont take care of it properly. I like to keep it moist and soft so that when she runs her hands through it........hmmmmmm

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM

Congrats on the thread!

P. (k)

You mean you DON'T like that rough stubbly feeling??? LOL! :$

Dre---

DrBombay
10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Good haircuts and good personal hygeine are important; I don't think anyone would argue those points, but style is personal.

I'm ready to be called an jackass for this, but here are my personal 'dress' rules: Good grooming to me means:

1. not wearing a baseball cap unless I am playing a sport.

2. not wearing jeans with sneakers (running shoes, tennis shoes, etc.)

3. buying clothes that fit, or paying to get them tailored.

4. staying fit by exercising.

I'm not always a pillar of style, but I think I should strive for looking my best as often as I can when I venture out into the world. Almost every reward in life takes time or money and good grooming is no exception.

bombay

patonina
10-07-2005, 10:56 AM
You mean you DON'T like that rough stubbly feeling??? LOL! :$

Dre---

Uhhhhhh.......NO! ;) lol!

I prefer rough in other feelings! *wink!

P.

ozmel8
10-07-2005, 10:58 AM

Excellent site, DogWeasel :)

Just a hint for all you femmes out there, you can practice doing all these tie ties on your thigh (say that five times fast! lol) That's how I learned how to tie a bow tie a long time ago...it gives you good practice for doing it facing the tie wearer, so you can tie your sweetie's tie (a)

I learned something! All these years, I've been doing a four in hand lol...I don't know if that's good or not :s

DRAYKKO
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Good haircuts and good personal hygeine are important; I don't think anyone would argue those points, but style is personal.

I'm ready to be called an jackass for this, but here are my personal 'dress' rules: Good grooming to me means:

1. not wearing a baseball cap unless I am playing a sport.

2. not wearing jeans with sneakers (running shoes, tennis shoes, etc.)

3. buying clothes that fit, or paying to get them tailored.

4. staying fit by exercising.

I'm not always a pillar of style, but I think I should strive for looking my best as often as I can when I venture out into the world. Almost every reward in life takes time or money and good grooming is no exception.

bombay

And there's something else too: NOT ALL HAIR STYLES WORK FOR ALL PEOPLE! Sometimes a hairstyle that you think looks good on another butch or FTM doesn't always work on YOU (I learned THIS one the HARD way! :$ ). If you're not sure what kinda style suits your face ask a femme (or a butch with enough fashion sense - speaking of which ARE there any butch/FTM hair cutters/stylists out there???).

(Thinkin' we may need enlist the help of "Queer Eye" ROFL!).

Dre (agreeing with DrBombay on the jeans and sneakers thing; I REMEMBER the jeans and keds kick of the 70's and 80's...UGH!!!)

DRAYKKO
10-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Dre (agreeing with DrBombay on the jeans and sneakers thing; I REMEMBER the jeans and keds kick of the 70's and 80's...UGH!!!)

Ok...ok...I need to retract this statement. :P It depends on the sneaker. Some styles look good with jeans and some (like Keds) look tacky.... (a)

Ok, does someone wanna speak on hairgel and it's proper uses? LOL!

What about razors? What brand do you use? What kind of shaving cream? What about clippers that are used for haircuts?

Dre----

patonina
10-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Ok, I agree that some sneakers look great with jeans (depending that they are for a casual funky occasion and they are not runners -must be more of a sleeker shoe that you wouldn't just wear out to work out it.)

Can't help with the hair gel... :(

P.

youngstud
10-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Yup, I never ever wear running shoes or sneakers of the sort with jeans if I can help it.

I'm extremely picky about shirt/tie color coordination. If the tie has a few colors in it, one of the colors must exactly match the color of the dress shirt....or if the tie and shirt are mismatched by color, they have to be at least coordinated well.....black and silver goes well together...and I prefer a *poplin* collar, NOT a shirt that has two buttons on the bottom of the neck where you can button the collar to it...

Ties, I can explain later how to tie a tie if anyone wants to. It just take a little bit of thought on how to write it out, and I don't really have much time for that this morning. However, I am completely clueless on how to tie a bowtie and would like to learn. I tend to like a thin-to-medium sized knot, not a wide knot.

A note on dress shirts and ties: Striped shirts and geometric patterened and/ or striped ties do not go together!!!!!!!!!! It is a fashion crime, IMHO. Actually, if I wear a striped shirt at all (and I am very picky about the kinds of stripes and colors of them I will wear), I never wear a tie with it.....striped shirts tend to be my shirts that I wear when I want to look nice but not entirely dressed up. I think ties go better with solid colored shirts.

Haircuts, I actually like it better when women cut it. I went to an excellent barbershop in college that was owned and staffed and run by an all female staff of barbers......and I paid only 9 bucks. The woman who cut my hair where my family lives is very good, too. Here I went somewhere in the Castro, to a barbershop, and they did a decent job but my hair does not take 45 minutes to trim.....lol......anyone who knows me or has seen my hair could understand that.

I haven't been wearing colognes too much lately, particularly because I don't know who around the bay area is allergic to it and who isn't. When I do, though, Adidas Moves in the day usually works (it's a light, watery scent), and at night, Preferred Stock (a heavier, more musky scent) does the trick, especially at dress-up evening events. Aqua di Giorgio (Armani) smells good, but the last time I tried it on, it was too strong for me.

The barbers do better with hair gel than I but I think I do a decent job, at least, thinking at least I do look presentable.

Thinking I need to find a pair of shorts next summer that are cargo-like, not khaki shorts, and come more by the knee instead of below the knee that much. I don't go for the baggy look and don't want to look like a high school boy.

Macy's is expensive sometimes but they do have some good sales at times. I've gotten some ties, a Geoffrey Beene shirt, another silk shirt, from them all on sale. Otherwise, (call me cheap) I've been going to Ross or Marshall's, just to find a decent pair of black pants (snagged two Perry Ellis pairs of pants for $14 at Ross). Or they will sell those shirt/tie combinations together in a box for $20 or so which is a good deal, and I'll get those if I like the tie and need the color of the shirt. Neck size and sleeve length: important! One day when I make more money I will get things from gentlemens' shops...hehe.

Oh, and as far as makeup goes, don't be ashamed if you have to wear any. I wear Maybelline under-eye concealer for the circles under my eyes all the time. Nails......I file them and always have hand lotion handy somewhere for my hands, and purell hand sanitizer. I think one of these days I should go and get a mens' manicure though.

I do shave my legs and sideburns (just cuz I happen to have them), and use a mach3 power (however it doesn't exactly work anymore, it's a battery operated razor) and gillette shaving cream, for sensitive skin. Then I have Aveeno lotion which I put on....and......damn, I should make a video here, lol.

Speaking of grooming.....time to get in the shower.

-ys

youngstud
10-09-2005, 09:52 PM
OMG! I totally forgot about ironing and shirt starch! When you iron make sure you iron everything in the correct direction.......if you're ironing vertically, keep ironing vertically.......if horizontally, keep the iron horizontal.

And yeah......you gotta get a hairstyle that looks good on you and compliments your face.........personally I can't shave my head.....I don't look good without any hair on the top of my head.

-ys

OutlawDaddy
10-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Any tips for shampoos that really get the gel's, pomades and general junk that we use out of our hair?

Tips for the getting the junk out...Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo...expensive but well worth it...and/or using Suave Clarifying Shampoo/conditioner every third day of junk/pomade...an inexpensive alternative is Prell shampoo and you can often find it in a travel size.

Neutrogena makes a great shave gel that cuts down on shave bumps and contains a moisturizer as well.

OK, have a good grooming day...OD

OutlawDaddy
10-09-2005, 10:21 PM
OMG! I totally forgot about ironing and shirt starch!
-ys

I love starch, but I have learned the hard way, only starch light colors.
I stay away from heavy starch, it can be unforgiving, I like liquid starch or a pseudo starch like magic sizing.

Happy Grooming...OD

TheRealJLO
10-09-2005, 10:23 PM
For you bois with thick locks, buy something with moisturizers or volumizing shapoos and conditioners. And this may seem strange but don't wash your hair everyday but condition it instead. Shampooing every day for those with thick hair only strips it and makes it greasy and less managable!!!

P. (k)

hey I'm black and our hair is comp. different, I was just wondering...whyh would you use volumizing samp/cond on thick hair? wouldn't you want your thin hair to have more volume?

To the brothas and sistahs....I've been usings "MOTIONS" hair line and I've discoverd
1. using all products from one company works best ( just give it atleast 2 months esp to get used to the new relaxer and deep conditionser)
2. wash your hair more often then usual however you can rinse the hair instead of using shampoo to keep from stripping the moisture.
3. Using all the products that the line tells you makes your hair smell (esp since we wash it less often) so refer to #2.

I was a pro athlete and found it horrible to keep my hair from smelling like sweat and product, but couldn't wash it more than 1 or 2 times a week cuz it would fall out. Anyone found anymore suggestions for people wit Negrodian hair?

OutlawDaddy
10-09-2005, 10:26 PM
You're welcome Sun! Share your grooming tips if you like.

Now about manicures: for those of us who like nail clippers and use them frequently, are there any words of wisdom from our fellow butches and FTM's? Advice from femmes is welcome too (after all "butch hands as sex organs" affect you as well (6) ).

Dre---

My only advice is clip often...but never clip in public...

Happy Grooming...OD

OutlawDaddy
10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
...Then theres the maintaining the eyebrows....imagine what the femmes must go through?

Have you considered threading...it is very popular here in NYC...it is not as fast as waxing, but the results are so much better with cleaner lines and I overheard that waxing will lead to massive wrinkles...Anyhoo, just a thought...Happy Grooming, OD

TheRealJLO
10-09-2005, 10:42 PM
starch - I found out its just corn starch and water...i never knew that but now i feel stupid...any way get a squirt bottle at the dollar store, and mix your own combos....you can decide how little or how much works for you and then there is no scent.

gel - my girl's sister uses this hair gel I think its by revlon but i'm most likely wrong. its comes in an ELECTRIC RED container with a SILVER CAP. anywya your hair will not move. her "fag flip" defies gravity and is about 2" long. I wish i knew the name of it, but either way i think they are discontinuing it so run to cvs/walgreens and stock up its prob 33-50% off right now cuz their trying to get rid of it.

OKAY NOW THAT WE"RE ALL COMFORTABLE>>>ANY SUGGESTIONS ON FEMENINE PRODUCTS? m( this is something I just never dove into with my mother or limited amount of female friends)

crezman
10-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I say this all the time, but as a man, it's not that difficult to look good. It takes some effort to look stellar and to have style, but just to look good and presentable, all that takes is a shower, a shave, a clean shirt and shoes, pants with no rips, and a decent pair of leather shoes--not sneakers. And that's about it.

To have style, it takes a bit more. I think the first thing people need, especially guys, is to have a good understanding of what type of guy they are. That's the first step. Are you a "nerdy-art" guy? Or a sports guy? I'm an urban arts professional and this is the look I portray.

Once you have that question answered then it's about finding a basic, but solid set of core items in one's wardrobe. I would say for the average guy this consists of a good pair of jeans, a good pair of khakis, a good pair of black pants and a good pair of gray pants. One suit is necessary, a sports jacket, a leather jacket, leather shoes brown and leather shoes black and an assortment of shirts that do not have cartoon characters or slogans attached. From this point, you can grow almost anything. And you can do it with not a lot of money, for someone making $30K a year at most. It's about picking solid designers and pieces that one can mix and match. And really, that's about it.

However simple this is, I would say that the average guy just can't seem to pull it off. Some people are fashionably illiterate but I think the majority a) just don't care or b) have a poor sense of self esteem that gets transferred to their physical appearance.

TheRealJLO
10-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Have you considered threading...it is very popular here in NYC...it is not as fast as waxing, but the results are so much better with cleaner lines and I overheard that waxing will lead to massive wrinkles...Anyhoo, just a thought...Happy Grooming, OD

I get threading done out here in Jersey. I LOVE IT! and if you ask they'll do your whole face for you (i have some manly genetics) ends up being like 15-20 bucks. If you have any indian girl friends, ask where they go

musicfemme
10-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Ok...ok...I need to retract this statement. :P It depends on the sneaker. Some styles look good with jeans and some (like Keds) look tacky.... (a)

Ok, does someone wanna speak on hairgel and it's proper uses? LOL!

OMG, I am LMFAO @ jeans and Keds. And hair gel. I need to go back to bed.

Ok, I will try and tackle the hair gel question--I am not generally a big fan. Unless you WANT that greasy, wet-from-the-shower, yet oh-so-crispy-to the-touch kind of hair. In which case knock yourself out.

If you have fine hair and want a little volume and/or hold I'd rather see a guy use mousse. And if you want texture and hold--pomades/muds/hair glues are what I'd recommend.

If you find yourself drawn to the big ol' bottles of Dippity Do and L.A. Looks with their brightly colored goo--back away slowly and seek professional advice.

leenuttykoop
10-10-2005, 03:28 AM
OMG, I am LMFAO @ jeans and Keds. And hair gel. I need to go back to bed.

Ok, I will try and tackle the hair gel question--I am not generally a big fan. Unless you WANT that greasy, wet-from-the-shower, yet oh-so-crispy-to the-touch kind of hair. In which case knock yourself out.

If you have fine hair and want a little volume and/or hold I'd rather see a guy use mousse. And if you want texture and hold--pomades/muds/hair glues are what I'd recommend.

If you find yourself drawn to the big ol' bottles of Dippity Do and L.A. Looks with their brightly colored goo--back away slowly and seek professional advice.

Backs away slowly and goes looking for professional help ;) except I tend I am starting to use the nicer stuff and using up the cheap stuff when I'm just hanging around home!

LadyPhoenix
10-10-2005, 04:08 AM
and here i thought this was a thread for femmes engaged... and their Stone Butch Grooms *to be* was gonna sign Daddy Tommi up ...
:$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$
please forgive the intrusion Guys! ...

** blushing and backing out of the mens room**

HYS willow, giddy in love, content, happy and honored to be Lovingly owned and operated by Master Thomas Paladin!

scentsofautumn
10-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Dudes...keep it soft...everywhere...LOL

I use Crabtree and Evelyn Gardeners Hand Recovery. The exfoliant and hand cream follow up. Keeps hands feeling soooo smooth. ;)

Body lotion fav is Lubriderm. I don't shave my legs and using Lubriderm not only for skin softness, it will also soften those could be don't want to be not so soft leg hair.

Quite correct on the hair shampoo and conditioner...I was using Biolage but my hair moving into winter is a tad longer which makes this guinea wool a tad more coarse so I switched to Paul Mitchell products. The conditioner is a "leave in" so the hair is soooo smooth and very soft. Kissable!!

Thank you Dre...I passed by that salon again on the way to the subway...there was a "woman" in a chair...hhhmmm. LMAO.

DRAYKKO
10-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Thank you Dre...I passed by that salon again on the way to the subway...there was a "woman" in a chair...hhhmmm. LMAO.

LOL! Hope she/hy wasn't butch :P ;)

Dre---

sarai
10-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm not a butch, but the hand lotion thingie caught my eye.... I use nice super good non-stinky Cetaphil for dry sensitve skin or Eucerine for sensitive. Both of these are pricy, but Kroger does a good (almot identical) imitation of each that works in a pinch. I have the sort of nasty reactive skin that reacts to EVERYTHING.

DRAYKKO
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
A note on dress shirts and ties: Striped shirts and geometric patterened and/ or striped ties do not go together!!!!!!!!!! It is a fashion crime, IMHO. Actually, if I wear a striped shirt at all (and I am very picky about the kinds of stripes and colors of them I will wear), I never wear a tie with it.....striped shirts tend to be my shirts that I wear when I want to look nice but not entirely dressed up. I think ties go better with solid colored shirts.

-ys

ROFLMAO! I keep thinking of the styles of the 70's and this post starts cracking me up!

But there ARE patterned ties that can go with patterned shirts. If you don't think you have a knack for picking them out, take a femme - who's got some skill in this area - with you, or ask the clerk in the shop. I usually shop at places like Portabella's, in NY, and the clerks, there, are always helpful, when I have trouble picking ties.

Also if you have trouble with color coordination ask the clerk. In general black white and gray go with EVERYTHING! Beyond that, if you need it, ask for help. And generally I would say stay AWAY from white shoes, but I just saw a picture of Paris in an all white suit, at the Bash, that was (as we used to say back in the day) CLEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!! (y) So if you wanna get tips on how to "MAC" get Paris in here! LOL!

Dre---

patonina
10-10-2005, 12:04 PM
hey I'm black and our hair is comp. different, I was just wondering...whyh would you use volumizing samp/cond on thick hair? wouldn't you want your thin hair to have more volume?

Hi JLo,

I'm latina and often hair dressers compare my thick locks to ppl who are black by it's texture and wieght. (I've got a whole whack of hair). Had to look back at my post and read what I said.... and I thought what the heck was I talking about with the voluminzing products??!!!

Ok, so here's what I've learned from hairdressers and doing hair shows when I was young etc etc. Ppl with thick hair need to buy products that will not wiegh down their hair or make it greasy. What happens is that we've got so much heavy hair that it gets hots, it gets heavy, greasy and it just becomes a mess!!

Volumizing shampoos and conditioners adds height to your hair and actually strips the hair of gunk leaving it more bouncy!!! (Had to check with my hair product sis about this one as well hahahaha.). As well, for those with dry hair (that's usually us latinas and probably for those who are black) buying products that conditioning really really help.

I'm a Keil's fan and I've gone in and told them this product needs to be specifically for blacks or latinas or it will not work in my hair. They make some really great products specifically for thick, course hair and great creams (instead of gel which my hair just soaks up and I tend to use more for less effect) that I use as styling products.

So hope that works!!

P. (k)

TheRealJLO
10-10-2005, 12:23 PM
no it def helps. my hair gets really thin right after i use a relaxer. I've been going to the doobie shops and letting them deal with my hair so they are doing a great job at getting it to grow. but its getting very pricey and i only go every two weeks.

Darsha
10-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm extremely picky about shirt/tie color coordination. If the tie has a few colors in it, one of the colors must exactly match the color of the dress shirt....or if the tie and shirt are mismatched by color, they have to be at least coordinated well.....black and silver goes well together...and I prefer a *poplin* collar, NOT a shirt that has two buttons on the bottom of the neck where you can button the collar to it...
<snip>

-ys

With all due respect to your personal style, according to my sister who works in the fashion industry in Manahttan and has turned her straight boy fiance into a proud metrosexual (in sales, whose clients are all women who love the fact that he's got style), striped shirts and patterned ties DO in fact go together (currently - which might change next year - you never really know). Playing with patterns can be fun, as long as you keep the colors in the same family. And don't forget the pocket squares! Go wild - make them NOT match the tie exactly. Again, same color family, but do a pinstripe shirt, a geometric tie and a plaid pocket square. All in different shades of the same color. Socks however should match pants (not shoes) but the belt should match the shoes when possible.

My personal pet peeve: pants that are ill-fitting or too big. They don't have to be tight or accentuate the fact that you have hips (and good heavens don't wear ones that taper down at the ankle), but for goodness sake make sure that the ass isn't baggy and the waist should not fold or wrinkle under the belt (and please wear a belt! Obnoxious belt buckle is optional). And keep your hands out of the pockets.

~Darsha

theatredyke
10-11-2005, 05:40 PM
These are tips based solely on my personal style as well as my size.
For my hair (if i'm not keeping it shaved), I prefer got2be rubber spiking cement. it comes in a yellow bottle with a blue and silver cap. it spikes it in every direction nicely. i also use dep sport glue and dep sport spray, the highest number you can get (which i think is 12). i have pretty thick hair that is anything but manageable.
For clothes, I do a lot of shopping in the Old Navy boys' department. Mainly because I work there, and get a discount. Also,a 16 husky fits me well. I also shop in the men's department, but I try to avoid the shirts because a small is huge on me.
I buy my dress shirts at hot topic. you may laugh, but they have some nice dress shirts that actually fit me. i can't buy long-sleeved shirts in the boys department because the sleevs are too short, and i can fit 2 of me in most men's small. i recommend smaller framed butches and ftm shop at hot topic for dress shirts.
for jeans. the best jeans that i ever bought that fit me,i bought at banana republic. the more expensive the jeans, the better they fit apparently.

Sun
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM

Hey OD! No I have not heard of this. I would not have ever waxed my eyebrows but then I dated a hairstylist this past spring, and she had a minor obsession with thinning my eyebrows, so I tried it. Not bad as long as I use massive amounts of moisturizer to heal the skin.

So tell us about threading

hollylewya
10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
FYI for the person who said hy/she needs to buy an expensive shampoo in order to get the leftover crap (gel, pomade, etc) out of hys/her hair

By buying a more expensive product, one can avoid build up. Generally, I use Aveda Control Paste or Paul Mitchell Control Cream (don't get the cheap knock-off crap from Sally Beauty Supply). I know a lot of people are pretty attached to Crew products, but personally, I think they're a bunch of over-priced crap. None of their products does diddly to my hair, and I refuse to pay that price for something that doesn't work.

I don't use shampoo or conditioner and haven't for about ten years. Because Aveda is a natural product which doesn't contain a bunch of gunky crap, it moisturizes, and I don't get any residue or build up. I also use a buttload less product, because it's a better product.

Obviously, there isn't one miracle product that's right for everyone, but Lips and I have found that Aveda Control Paste works well on both of our very different hair types (I have a thick amount of thin, poker-straight hair with a bazillion Alfalfa cowlicks [I tend to liken it to styling grass], and Lips has very very very thick curly hair). Also, if you go to an Aveda store, they will tell you which product will work well with your hair type.

ALICESHOUSE
10-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Umm,grooming for me is getting up in the morning,taking a hot shower followed by a really cold one[makes my skin feel tight],trimming my eyebrows,nose hairs,nails when needed,brushing my teeth,then throwing on some Gillette,clean undies,tshirt and 501's and i'm ready for the world.I really don't buy brand shampoos or conditioners,was given some free samples of Redken 5th Avenue NYC for men at gaypride i thought smelled kind of nice..but i do need my Protein29 hair groom by stephan..more so then ever now since i'm letting my hair grow out these days.hehehe

TheRealJLO
10-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey SUN scroll up i put a few things about threading...but the main thing is the first time hurts..well for girls it does...shouldn't hurt us myn *winks* my friend bitched while i just sa their and took it. I think its pretty fast if you have someone experienced...takes about 3 min and like i said if you ask they can do your whole face. I get sideburns and chin done....i don't let them mess with my lip or i will lookl like i drank kool-aid....anyway i'm babbling i like it its kewl....but like I said i asked my friend whose indian about it because from what i understand they specialize in it and i don't trust any trendy salon that's just trying to pick it up as a treand.

Holly I feel the same way about BED HEAD products. For the price I just don't think they're worth it. I think they're just funky bottles, with glitter and weird names. it didn't do crap for my hair....and to prove my theory i tested it on my sisters, so i know it CAN work on black people's hair...but she didn't like all the glitter and said she couldn't ge her hair the way she wanted it for the rest of the week...she hated it but it worked the one time.

DRAYKKO
10-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Lotta great advice out there. Thanks to everyone writing in (I'm thinking we're gonna have our own spinoff "Butch Eye for the Butch Guy"??? (a) ). So what recommendations do folks have for pedicures (either at-home or going to a salon). If you go to a salon, what recommendations do you have for choosing a good salon?

BTW DogWeasel: That Men's Warehouse site is my new favorite site!!!! In one day I re-learned how to tie a Half-Windsor! Good lookin' out bro!

Dre---

OutlawDaddy
10-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey OD!...So tell us about threading

From The Red Sea Newsletter

"Threading (khite) in Arabic and (fatlah) in Egyptian, it's a less common method in the West for removing hair at the root.Rows of stray hairs are yanked out with twists of cotton thread. The practitioner holds one end of the cotton thread in his or her teeth or looped around the neck and the other in the left hand. The middle is looped through the index and middle fingers of the right hand. The practitioner then uses the loop to trap a series of unwanted hairs and pull them from the skin." Quoted from The Red Sea Newsletter

For the rest of the article and a pic...
http://www.red-sea.com/news/issue83/

Sun
10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow thanks for the info guys.

I wanted to comment on starching shirts. I have tried most major brainds and find that most launderer's will wash, dry and press a shirt for $1.50 -$2.00 so I send many of my shirts out. I iron all the time and just cant do what those folks can do with an iron, so I give that one over to the pro's. However for those "must iron" moments I find that Magic Sizing" works really well.

DRAYKKO...I love the "Butch Eye for the Butch Guy" idea. Very cool. lmao...

I saw a few "mullets" this weekend and oh wow...I wanted to go Queer Eye all over those folks....but I held back. ;)

VirtueInBlood
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I do spend alot of time on how I . . . well mostly on how I smell and how nice everything is. But I can't seem to find anything that doesn't make my hair all crappy and frizzy. Ugh.

I, personally, was never one for deodorant and I'm happy my girl like the smell of my sweat & cologne . . . I have a few different scents, but my favorite would be one that smells quite similar to Axe, but it came out looong before that did. Let's just say it doesn't smell as cheap and shitty. Don't overdo it with the cologne for sure, if you put it all over your body, you'll taste disgusting ;).

For making my skin soft, I use alot of stuff . . . sometimes it depends on who's going to be seeing what. The usual stuff is moisturizing body wash, followed my unscented lotion. If I'm gonna be showing off my muscles or anything I'll use baby oil-- don't overuse it though, it'll make your skin awful greasy, not nice and soft like you wanted . . . unless you're into that- then be my guest.

My hands and nails I don't spend much time on. I'll keep my nails long sometimes, I'll cut them sometimes, it all depends on what my girl wants. My hands are most of the time rough because of the work that I do (I'm a landscaper and I work as a mechanic on weekends at a local garage), but she doesn't seem to mind. Sometimes it bothers me, because I'll go to do pull-ups or something and it'll hurt a little. Not badly, just . . . annoyingly. Like a paper cut.

I don't waste much money on going to a barber. I'll only go when the sides grow out and to get the longer parts of my hair trimmed. Otherwise I look damn sexy :P. If I do anna do anything minor I'll use a regular ol' razor, I once used a boxcutter . . . and I'm not gonna lie, they work rather well, just watch what you're doing.

I iron my clothes alot, but sometimes there's nothing to iron. A usual day's clothing would consist of a pair of boxers, a dress shirt/band shirt/wifebeater, if I wear a dress shirt, sometimes I'll wear a tie with it, sometimes I'll say fuck it and just wear a whole suit, jeans or dress pants, occasionally I'll wear shorts, but that's a pretty rare sight, even so they come past my knees. In men's shoe sizes I'm a 14, in women's a 15, with boots, sometimes bigger, certain companies make their products bigger/smaller than charted, so try on at least three sizes. Colors MUST match, and if I'm wearing something other than black or white, they'll have to be very similar in color. The funny thing is, my fiance's blind in her right eye and colorblind with shades of blue and she matches better than I do. But what do you expect, eh?

If I'm wearing baggy pants, I'll make sure my girl, erm, notices. And I accomplish that, haha. So well that most people don't even notice, unless they come to give me a hug :$ . With tight pants it's always noticeable, so if other people notice and don't like it, oh well, you know?

gglspot
10-12-2005, 07:22 PM
heres my list of fashion do and donts..lol..tho I cant take credit for them all..I read GQ frequently..

Shoes> It was Bryan Ferry (rock icon )who said it..shoes are the window to the soul , and tho i cant Place anyones character on their footwear..it is important nonetheless..
never wear sneakers..its a banner screaming..I dont care..for me, I love substantial looking shoes..usually black..my fav is Gucci...but whatever you wear ..shine 'em

Cologne> pick a scent that smells great on you..everyone has a signature scent.,..for me its Cool Water..it will make her want to wear your shirt to get up in the middle of the night..

Hair > I use short and sexy hair products..the hair gel inaptly named "hard up gel" is awesome as are the shampoos..

Jeans> buy what looks good on you..for me..its diesel..great style..hug your ass ..but loose enough to be comfortable..and extremely fashionable

Boxers> Ive recently expanded my collected to include armani seamless. they look great under dress pants and jeans..and a big plus if you are packing!

Formal wear> every butch should own a tux...i prefer the classic..and whatever you do, never ever wear a clip on or premade bow tie..tying one is very easy..and the quality of the tie itself is so much better..think James Bond here..

Grooming> yea..okay..so im a pretty boi...I do upkeep on my nails, hair, skin and body..cleanliness is close to godliness and I know its the cloeset im going to get to heaven!

And thanks for this thread..I thought I was the only metrosexual butch out there!!!!

TheRealJLO
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
virtueinblood.

Thank god!!!! SOMEONE WITH MY SHOE SIZE!!!!

Hey everyone keeps bashing sneakers but I grew up playing sports and I'm completely flatfooted. Like FLAT> i have no arch OR instep my feet look like skies. so i am a NIKE guy. I just counted 24 pairs of sneakers in my room. I still have dress shoes but opt for the sneakers since i personally don't like them with jeans. any how that's it. SO are Deisle jeans expensive?

and is it true baby oil makes your skin tighter? for those who don't like it cause its greasy, try using it right when you get out the shower, while your skin is still wet. put it on rub it in fast. Did that for years, never got greasy. But i don't know if doing it after you dry off makes your skin tight.

VirtueInBlood
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
My feet are just slightly arched, still flat as hell. It makes it a bitch to walk alot.

I put it on right after i get out of the shower, that's basically when I get ready for my day and do all that. Going out at night is an exception.

As for what footwear I have now, I got some sneakers that I have no idea what they are anymore, two pairs converse (old school high top chuckies, all taped up and what not. I love them)-- as for my Doc Martens which are the shit . . .

I have a pair of Waterproof 5 D Ring 3 Lace Carrier boots in black, I'm happy they had my size

Another pair which are a size too small, but I still managed to break them in, Core Classics 10 Eye Steel Toe boots

And lastly, another pair of Core Classics, but 20 Eye, still has the steel toe, it was again one size too small, but I managed to break 'em in.

TheRealJLO
10-12-2005, 08:34 PM
hey that hair gel i was talking about before was by VO5 its in a red container with a silver cap and your hair WILL NOT move

Sun
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone keeps bashing sneakers but I grew up playing sports and I'm completely flatfooted. Like FLAT> i have no arch OR instep my feet look like skies. so i am a NIKE guy. I just counted 24 pairs of sneakers in my room. I still have dress shoes but opt for the sneakers since i personally don't like them with jeans. any how that's it. SO are Deisle jeans expensive?

and is it true baby oil makes your skin tighter?

I think that the sneaker bashing is coming from the "dont go out on a date wearing sneakers" perspective. I for one love really nice shoes but I have several pair of sneakers for different activities; the gym, basjetball, tennis, etc. I even have a pair that I use at the driving range. On that note one thing that I find really useful is a shoe care kit. I found a great wooden box and filled it with quality shoe care products; leather cleaner, leather conditioner, sealer, and a variety of polish's, ink lifter, brush, polishing cloth, etc. It comes in really handy. My housemate has an antique shoe shine machine that I sometimes use. Its awesome. One side buffs and the other shines.

As for babyoil...I have no idea if it makes the skin tighter. I just know that the baby powder scent needs to be dealt with if I am going to be seeing a lady after applying baby oil. lmao. In general, my skin takes to oil based products better than hydrogenated creams.

boovision
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I am a lotion whore. I have eye creams, face creams, hand creams, foot cream. My last gf called me her little centipede because I had so many shoes. I have cut back on that. I like getting pedicures but usually deal with my hands myself. I have a whole night time routine. Funny how you have more time when you don't have someone waiting for you in bed. I have gotten my eyebrows waxed but the last two times I ended up looking waaaayyyy to femme. I haven't found someone that I trust to just "clean me up".
I wear an oil from Body Shop everyday but wear Burberry special occasions or when I am feeling the need to feel special. I love the Body Shop olive oils and use Neutrogena seseme bath oil.
okay, I am starting to sound a bit fluffy so I'll stop for now.

FemmeLovinBoi
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Glad to have a place to share ideas and tips with the guys. (h)

I believe in taking care of yourself in all ways. Some butches/ftms feel it takes away from their masculinity but all you need to do is take a look at GQ or other men's mags or websites and you will see that thinking is outdated. :D

Haircuts; I have been going to my ex for years. She is a great hairstylist/barber and works in a Salon where the owner is a butch and most of the people who work there are femmes and gay boys. Obviously, she knows how I like my hair after all these years so I have no problem in that department at all. Before she and I got together, I did have a hard time finding someone who knew how to cut a stonebutch's hair. :(

I use hair products that she suggests. She changes it up from time to time. She says using the same shampoo/conditioner will cause a buildup on your hair and it is best to change from time to time. I use men's shampoo and conditioner. As I said, I change it up so there's a long list. I have used Crew products before and it worked well for me.

I also use men's gel but don't like the stiff kind. I wear my hair short and want the top to stay in place but I don't want my hair so stiff that when a woman touches it she breaks her nail. :| I've used several differant brands of those too. I like the natural look.

Everything she suggests is quality products and usually high dollar but she doesn't charge me full price so that makes it easier on me.

I use a body scrub and facial scrub once a week, body and facial cleansing wash the rest of the time, body lotion after my shower. I also stopped using deodrant a loooong time ago. No, I don't smell. :$ I use a natural mineral rock. A lot of people think it won't work if you sweat a lot but it does. It's pretty amazing. As I said, it's a mineral rock, you just wet it with water and rub it on. There are no chemicals and it keeps you smelling good even after a hard workout. I get it at a health food store.

I also shave every morning and splash on aftershave afterwards. I have about 40 or 50 bottles of after shave and cologne. I like to smell good and I like to change it up.

All my products are for men and I get most of them from http://www.menessentials.com/ It's a great site and has lots of info.

Clothes..............I'm a cowboi and I like my jeans, boots and Stetson but I don't wear those all the time nor do I wear them on every occasion. I own a tux, a couple of nice suits, a fair amount of nice pants and shirts, and a ton of ties. I usually wear hiking boots or western boots with my jeans when I'm just kickin' around except in the summer when it's hotter than hell, you might find me with my Nikes on and a ballcap. On a date, you will NEVER see me with sneakers, ballcap, shirt tail out. I dress for the occasion and I want the lady to be proud to be with me.

Great thread! I look forward to reading more tips.

MagicBesos
10-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi, may name is Magic, and I am a bit high maintenance! :$

I seem to have a GQ/Surfer/Biker kind of style. For example, at work I am usually in pinstripe pants and button up shirts, however on days like today (raining) I'm wearing jeans,my harley boots and a long sleep t-shirt. I can tell you that you will NEVER find me wearing jeans and tennis/running shoes, there is just something wrong about that to me. (Notice I said to me, everyone has their own opinion on this)

I wear nothing but Kenneth Cole shoes, both with my jeans and dressed up. They fit perfectly, they wear wonderfully, and they carry a good shine when polished. (Which I am very anal about)

I get a manicure with a hot oil buff, and a pedicure once every two weeks. Was a bit :$ when the girls who were working on my hands and feet both said "You have such baby soft skin" :$ Yeah well, I'm big on lotion and not walking around outside in barefeet! (Although I have to say, that I don't really put lotion on my feet unless I'm wearing flip-flops) oh well...

I get my haircut every 4 weeks, and I love the woman who cuts my hair, she knows exactly how anal I am about my sideburns and neck area. That and the fact that being in the business I'm in, my hair needs to be up with the latest cuts. I also use product in my hair, as well as get it colored/highlighted, etc.
I too have a ton of shampoo's/conditioners in my shower, and switch on a regular basis.

Almost forgot, I am also a smell good whore, it's really a pain for me to only take two different types of cologne with me on my trips. I don't think I could begin to count what all I have... but I have to smell good, even if I'm just going up to the cleaners.

Okay, well I feel as though I am rambling, and it's probably because I am. Just thought I would share a little bit about myself...

DRAYKKO
10-20-2005, 05:14 AM
Now what butch/FTM grooming thread would be complete without a little lesson on packing. So I put it to you fellas to start a discussion abotu all the marevlous ways we "pack" ;)

Dre---

TheRealJLO
10-21-2005, 12:37 PM
i shaved for the first time last night. I'm not on T so the skin on my face isn't that think. It was scary putting a razor to my face for the first time. You can feel EVERYTHING from the blades, its nothing like shaving your legs. Anyway...so far no razor bumps, but i'm black so I'm like checking hourly on my neck case i don't want those nasty bumbs all the men get.

Bekko
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Great thread!

Ok, I'm going to add a little trick that I do. Don't laugh or roll your eyes....I put ONE and only ONE coat of clear nail polish on my fingernails....it really gives them a very healthy look....steal some from your girl and try it. I pay extra attention to my hands, 1 reason because they always seem to be knuckle deep in a car engine or the lawn mower....and you know the other reason!

DRAYKKO
10-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Great thread!

Ok, I'm going to add a little trick that I do. Don't laugh or roll your eyes....I put ONE and only ONE coat of clear nail polish on my fingernails....it really gives them a very healthy look....steal some from your girl and try it. I pay extra attention to my hands, 1 reason because they always seem to be knuckle deep in a car engine or the lawn mower....and you know the other reason!

I know a number of FTM's, non-trans men, and butches who do this, so don't be ashamed. I understand it's a good way to fortify your nails.

Dre----

Bekko
10-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I know a number of FTM's, non-trans men, and butches who do this, so don't be ashamed. I understand it's a good way to fortify your nails.

Dre----

here I thought I was the only one....I always get eye balled for my hands and many femmes have told me what nice hands I have. It's the clean look they all seem to like.

Bekko
10-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I have natural curly hair, its kind of thick and sometimes dry. When I was 12 I had a big blonde fro, I get it cut every 3 weeks to keep from having one now. Plus I like to keep it neat. To help with the dryness I use Biosilk, about a dime size in my hand rub together and run it though my hair. It has a nice smell as well. Use it when your hair is dry or wet or both.

TheRealJLO
11-12-2005, 06:32 PM
anyone in the central jersey area know of great places to shop....I'm tired of going to Old Navy's they have cheap gear but when everyone is wearing the same french blue button up shirt I get annoyed. Anyway I'd be down for a shopping spree if anyone else is, I'd even go to the city if the clothes aren't crazy expensive, I'm in desperate need of some new cothes but money's tight...any suggestions?

ok and number two has anyone ever heard of a cologne called EL DORADO ? I have a bio male who told me i absolutely have to try it its the best and he can't find it after a bottle was given to him several years ago.

TheRealJLO
11-12-2005, 06:35 PM
oh and I'm at a road block....I use motions in my hair ( I'm black) and its crazy all the products they have and what order to put them on in etc. I'm to the point where I'm either gonna chop my hair into some funky faux hawk or get dreads....opinions on dreads? if I use a texturizer can i just dread my shoulder length hair or am i going to have to do the whole "chp the hair and start from scratch" thing with new growth

TheRealJLO
12-12-2005, 01:55 AM
any ideas where I could look at good hairstyles on the web. I keep finding these hair websites but they have ridiculous styles on there that you would need a stylist on stand-by every morning for. I just want simple and up to date, easy to maintain etc.

any suggestions?

ArchAngel Gabriel
12-12-2005, 12:09 PM
hey that hair gel i was talking about before was by VO5 its in a red container with a silver cap and your hair WILL NOT move

I just got some of this. My hair is very short but was kinda growing out so the ends were sticking up on the left side. I have used this and while wet and just put in could achieve a nice tousled look but once dry it layed back down. I then tried it dry and could not get any sort of spike action going. I do like it for a nice slicked back look though and it smells good. Maybe it wont work on my thick hair.

gaymer
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
please please please trim the pubes.

thank you, and have a nice day,
g

TheRealJLO
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
I just got some of this. My hair is very short but was kinda growing out so the ends were sticking up on the left side. I have used this and while wet and just put in could achieve a nice tousled look but once dry it layed back down. I then tried it dry and could not get any sort of spike action going. I do like it for a nice slicked back look though and it smells good. Maybe it wont work on my thick hair.

hmm which one did you use? I actually just picked up one of each and mailed it to my friend for x-mas.

and as for trimming the pubes.....grrrrr I'll trim but shaving makes me feel like that nasty cat rachael brought home on friends

ArchAngel Gabriel
12-13-2005, 11:37 AM
hmm which one did you use? I actually just picked up one of each and mailed it to my friend for x-mas.

and as for trimming the pubes.....grrrrr I'll trim but shaving makes me feel like that nasty cat rachael brought home on friends

vo5 obey and play gel wax

TheRealJLO
12-14-2005, 11:36 AM
its the gel that comes in the tube called power and they have another one just like it with almost as much hold

DRAYKKO
02-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Ok fellas (and femmes)...

I need advice on laundering my ties. Should I throw them in the wash with the rest of the flotsam, or do I wash them by hand, or do I send 'em to the dry cleaners?

Big Daddy Dre---

flyingbutch
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Hey Dre,

I'd have to say it depends on the quality of the ties, but no matter what, you're always on the safe side by taking it to the dry cleaners. I've handwashed one of my ties once, and it was a BIG mistake!!! :(

Take care!

Flyin'

Urbangntlmn
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM

I need advice on laundering my ties. Should I throw them in the wash with the rest of the flotsam, or do I wash them by hand, or do I send 'em to the dry cleaners?

Big Daddy Dre---

I hand wash mine in vinegar first since it preserves the colors and then rinse it out and then re-wash with just a little soap such as Tide or whichever you may use. I have also learned that not wringing them out and just let them to air dry before ironing them helps keep the tie in good shape.

Urbangntlmn
02-15-2006, 06:06 AM
What a great thread. I never knew it existed until today and I am subscribing.

I have read from the beginning and I appreciate all the tips and suggestions...

Thank you.

DRAYKKO
02-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated.

BTW: Where'd you learn to wash in vinegar? That's really interesting...

Dre---

Urbangntlmn
02-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated.

BTW: Where'd you learn to wash in vinegar? That's really interesting...

Dre---

Grandmother...lol You have to love them. I learned a lot about cooking and cleaning from her and its always stayed with me.

Vinegar is also good to use in bathtubs since it won't leave those water spots...

Go figure.

DRAYKKO
02-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Grandmother...lol You have to love them. I learned a lot about cooking and cleaning from her and its always stayed with me.

Vinegar is also good to use in bathtubs since it won't leave those water spots...

Go figure.

Amazing the cleaning power of vinegar and lemons...and orange peels... :P

Thanks again....

Dre---

Keeping It Real
02-15-2006, 11:25 AM
There have been a number of threads about different aspects of butch/FTM grooming (i.e. - haircuts, clothing, etc). So I though I thought I'd start a thread where all the advice, about our grooming, can be accrued. ;)

Some topics that might be of interest are:

1) Where to get the best haircuts in your area; butches, femmes, or FTM's who GIVE haircuts
Haircuts.....I have very fine straight hair, so finding someone who won't screw it up is hard! If I find someone that can do it correctly I usually stay with that particular stylist!

I have been wearing men's clothing since I can remember! I usually go a size longer in the pants so that when I sit down, it doesn't look like I'm waiting for a tide to come in!

My grandfather taught me how to tie a straight tie. A bowtie, I know nothing about how to tie one!

4) Manicures and a day at the spa
That's my femme's department!

So...have at it folks! Let's continue the discussion...

Dre---

Cologne.....I wear certain ones. There are a lot of colognes that don't smell right. My femme likes certain aromas on me. Grey Flannel, Nautica Longitude/Latitude, Polo Sport, Cool Water, etc.....these are some that I like!

DRAYKKO
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Haircuts.....I have very fine straight hair, so finding someone who won't screw it up is hard! If I find someone that can do it correctly I usually stay with that particular stylist!

Yes, but where do you get your hair cut, your area??? There may be other fellas who wanna know... ;)

I have been wearing men's clothing since I can remember! I usually go a size longer in the pants so that when I sit down, it doesn't look like I'm waiting for a tide to come in!

Again, where???

My grandfather taught me how to tie a straight tie. A bowtie, I know nothing about how to tie one!

Actually there's a great link in one of the threads, here for Mens Warehouse. (y)

Cologne.....I wear certain ones. There are a lot of colognes that don't smell right. My femme likes certain aromas on me. Grey Flannel, Nautica Longitude/Latitude, Polo Sport, Cool Water, etc.....these are some that I like!

Kewlness... :)

Dre---

Sun
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM

Big Daddy Dre---

Dre....

If the tie is silk then take it to a dry cleaner.

I find the vinegar idea very interesting but I would want to know water/vinegar proportions. Too much and you will have the scent of a very nice salad all day long!

And welcome newcomers! Nice to see this thread picking up again.

TechBoi
02-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on nail/hand care. I keep my nails clean and short and my hands moisturized, but for some reason I have hangnails, and I manage to catch them on almost everything (my hair, her hair, clothes, pockets). They're painful and annoying, I dont know what else to do, I don't bite'em, I clip them but they keep growing....
any sugestions?

TheRealJLO
02-15-2006, 09:07 PM
i think there's a lotion/cream that keeps them from growing back.

Sun
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on nail/hand care. I keep my nails clean and short and my hands moisturized, but for some reason I have hangnails, and I manage to catch them on almost everything (my hair, her hair, clothes, pockets). They're painful and annoying, I dont know what else to do, I don't bite'em, I clip them but they keep growing....
any sugestions?

I strongly recommend getting a manicure. The esthetician will educate you on nail care and one hand nail can do some serious damage to your lady so its a good thing to do for both of you!

Once you have a good manicure and understand nail care as it relates to your hands, then you will have a much easier time taking care of your own nails.

ButchDream
02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I have been using Bulgari, I believe it's actually spelled Bvlgari. The stuff smells so hot, crisp like Drakkar but better. Grey Flannel is sweet, older babes love that. I think for me there are female pheremones in my sweat that clash with Brut or Old Spice, but that's me. Also I have been alternating with Decleor "Un Air De Java" and this one really gets the girls up close for awhiff. It's like axe for butches, I'm not kidding! I agree totally with less is more. I spray my chest right after a shower so it's subtle and emanates from my clothes when I'm "heated" Of course, to thrill my ex I used to always spray or spill some into my hands and slap it on my face!Then rub my hands through my hair. If you wear a hat, lightly, lightly spray some in it. Femmes always try to swipe your hat and try it on, and they look adorable in it, but if it smells like dirty hair it's all over. But it is nice to have stong smelling hands, I love when a femme babe puts my hard, calloused mitts in her soft manicured hands and smells them. I like any excuse to be touched by femme hands.There was one scent I wore in the 80's that I'd wear again if I found it, Faranheit. Spicy and hot. But if you're doing a butch job, or you drink like some butches I know, you gotta make an effort. I find most femmes really appreciate it. Picture those sweet pink lips a fraction of an inch from your neck.... I'm shivering just thinking about it! Boy I wish I had butch-femme when I was a kid coming up! It's nice to think the young bucks won't feel as bewildered and lonely if they find this site. I had to learn from men or by trial and error. Remember, less is more! Oh yes, one more thing.. J Crew makes a hair gel that works and smells awesome. It's in a small brown jar.

ArchAngel Gabriel
02-16-2006, 06:22 PM

Go figure.

and for washing windows

DRAYKKO
02-17-2006, 04:25 AM
and for washing windows

ROFLMAO!
We're evolving into the "Butch/FTM Grooming and HOUSECLEANING" thread! ROFL!!!

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
02-17-2006, 04:32 AM
ROFLMAO!
We're evolving into the "Butch/FTM Grooming and HOUSECLEANING" thread! ROFL!!!

Big Daddy Dre---

LMAO...I was thinking the same thing...Tips of any kind come in very handy so keep them coming. Just think of how impressed a femme would be with us knowing different cleaning methods. I am thinking BIG brownie points...lol (y)

DRAYKKO
02-17-2006, 04:41 AM
LMAO...I was thinking the same thing...Tips of any kind come in very handy so keep them coming. Just think of how impressed a femme would be with us knowing different cleaning methods. I am thinking BIG brownie points...lol (y)

Good point! LOL!
So...anyone got laundry tips they wanna share? What about dusting and getting up pet hair? Mopping? Carpet shampooing? Dish washing (how DO you get your hands to stay soft?? :$ )?

Something I've learned over the years is that when I'm laundering my dress/work clothes - other than checking the labels to see if I can launder them (a) - is to put them in a SEPERATE dryer on LOW (this keeps the wrinkles down and also keeps 'em from shrinking :$ ).

Big Daddy Dre---

ArchAngel Gabriel
02-17-2006, 05:21 AM
wash flannel and towels seperately from the underwear or you might end up with fuzzies all over things...

Urbangntlmn
02-17-2006, 06:08 AM
wash flannel and towels seperately from the underwear or you might end up with fuzzies all over things...

I hate when I have fuzzies all over my boxer briefs...lol :)

DRAYKKO
02-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I hate when I have fuzzies all over my boxer briefs...lol :)

MAN! Does that ITCH!!! :P

What about stain removing techniques? Does club soda REALLY work?

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
02-17-2006, 06:37 AM
MAN! Does that ITCH!!! :P

What about stain removing techniques? Does club soda REALLY work?

Big Daddy Dre---

I usually use Shout when its a normal dirt/grass stain since I play soccer and that works really well. I also find that Dawn dishwashing soap is an awesome stain remover. I have never tried the club soda trick, but I do hear it works.

TheRealJLO
02-17-2006, 08:08 AM
yeah i've been exfoliating my hands and it works great. I've had like 10 years of thick nast callouses come off. Now my hands anr finally getting soft and i do theater/film set building.

Sun
02-21-2006, 12:30 PM

LMAO...you guys are cracking me up. The B-F grooming anf housecleaning thread! Bring it on. I have to say that I really love to have a clean, well put together home. It makes everything in my life flow so much easier. I am a multitasker by nature and seem to always be cleaning, doing laundry, organizing, etc. It comes in handy...trust me. Now for those of you who want to add cooking to your list of "great things that a butch can do to make a happy home" then drop by my Culinary Cabana thread sometime and jump on in.

Urbangntlmn
02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
LMAO...you guys are cracking me up. The B-F grooming anf housecleaning thread! Bring it on. I have to say that I really love to have a clean, well put together home. It makes everything in my life flow so much easier. I am a multitasker by nature and seem to always be cleaning, doing laundry, organizing, etc. It comes in handy...trust me. Now for those of you who want to add cooking to your list of "great things that a butch can do to make a happy home" then drop by my Culinary Cabana thread sometime and jump on in.

LOL...Hey its all good, right? Hey I didn't know about the Culinary thread and I love to cook. I will definitely be stopping by. Thanks for the info. (y)

flyingbutch
02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
*thinking to myself* I should probably check out the culinary thread...

Maybe you guys can teach me how to cook some decent meals! :(

*running to the Culinary thread*

ArchAngel Gabriel
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I find it much easier to shop and cook for a crowd than to cook for one. Maybe I should invest in a freezer and cook in bulk.

On another note, I have been listening anf while cleaning supply shopping the other day I bought some axe.. 2 of them actually. I love the sandlewoody smell of ESSENCE and TOUCH is nice as well. Keep up the sharing ideas.

TheRealJLO
02-22-2006, 08:54 PM
really? I think that axe stuff smells like sweaty socks.... all the new men's body washes are really strong to me and when i get out the shower i can't put my cologne onn cause they mix and i smell like a locker room

flyingbutch
02-23-2006, 05:23 AM
I've tried Touch and Essence as well as Kilo... and I must say that Kilo is my favorite. Even the shower gel smells great! Not too strong, just clean! :P

DRAYKKO
02-23-2006, 05:28 AM

I just buy cook books and follow the instructions. But my g/f tells me cooing is 1 part instruction 2 parts instinct; sometimes you just have to stray from the instructions and try different things....

Big Daddy Dre---

DRAYKKO
02-23-2006, 05:31 AM
Speaking of deodorants, I like Axe. I've found that since I started T* my BO (body odor) is VERY different from what it used to be, and deodorants designed for men, are very effective in killing those odors.

I also use Old Spice body wash. It's also strong enough to kill those "man smells" :$

Big Daddy Dre---

flyingbutch
02-23-2006, 05:37 AM
I just buy cook books and follow the instructions. But my g/f tells me cooing is 1 part instruction 2 parts instinct; sometimes you just have to stray from the instructions and try different things....

Big Daddy Dre---

Maybe I should try just that... Anyone who wants to be my guinea pig and test the food??? :P (Wouldn't wanna have the ladies try it and ruin their sweet little tongues... :s )

Tommi
02-23-2006, 05:41 AM

FB , there is such a thread for us...It is "For those that can't cook" and there are some wonderful folks that make it simple...I have been reading in there for almost a year..and well, I think ya need cooking genes for any of this to work..and I only have Levi's..A friend bought me a George Forman grill and it is great, when I remember to buy groceries...

I needed to add some ingredients before I could do this cooking stuff....Like. a new stove, and pots and pans, and groceries..It is coming together slowly for me..I bought a crock pot at Christmas..and used it once (corned beef and cabbage.), and that mess turned me off...I borrowed pots and pans from the Ex..and , have made pasta, scrambled and hard boiled eggs..

DRAYKKO
02-23-2006, 05:47 AM
FB , there is such a thread for us...It is "For those that can't cook" and there are some wonderful folks that make it simple...I have been reading in there for almost a year..and well, I think ya need cooking genes for any of this to work..and I only have Levi's..A friend bought me a George Forman grill and it is great, when I remember to buy groceries...

I needed to add some ingredients before I could do this cooking stuff....Like. a new stove, and pots and pans, and groceries..It is coming together slowly for me..I bought a crock pot at Christmas..and used it once (corned beef and cabbage.), and that mess turned me off...I borrowed pots and pans from the Ex..and , have made pasta, scrambled and hard boiled eggs..

Ok...I'm thinkin' someone needs to start a "Domestic Butches/FTM's" thread...
LOL!

(y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Tommi
02-23-2006, 05:48 AM
LOL!

(y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Domesticate US....!!!!!;)

flyingbutch
02-23-2006, 05:50 AM

Thanks for sharing Tommi!! ;) I had a few of those cooking things. And for the most part I can do simple stuff like pasta, steaks and the eggs... I guess it's just a matter of checking out that thread, getting new recipes and find some guinea pigs and try out the new-found recipes on them! :P
I do have to say that I really admire all those people who can cook an incredible meal and make it look so easy!
Maybe we just need our genes readjusted so that we can cook a few things too!!! :D Or maybe I just need to get off my ass and actually try to cook new stuff! LOL

Urbangntlmn
02-23-2006, 06:16 AM
really? I think that axe stuff smells like sweaty socks.... all the new men's body washes are really strong to me and when i get out the shower i can't put my cologne onn cause they mix and i smell like a locker room

I use Lever2000 since its a clean fresh scent that does not leave the body smelling strong and it never drowns out my cologne. I know that all bodies are different, but you might want to try it. Its nice too because it doesn't have a feminine smell but more of a fresh scent.

Hey and it is suppose to be for your 2001 parts, so you can't go wrong there. :)

Urbangntlmn
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
LOL!

(y)

Big Daddy Dre---

LOL right! An all in one thread to include all of the domestications one would need to be aware of and know.

TheRealJLO
02-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I use Lever2000 since its a clean fresh scent that does not leave the body smelling strong and it never drowns out my cologne. I know that all bodies are different, but you might want to try it. Its nice too because it doesn't have a feminine smell but more of a fresh scent.

Hey and it is suppose to be for your 2001 parts, so you can't go wrong there. :)

yeah i forgot abou that...i used to always use lever 2000 antibacterial in the locker rroom after practice. I'm really about the germs and i likes getting all the dirt and grime off. lately i've been using the OLAY for extra dry skin. I had been using the one just dry skin with shea butter but they discontinued it. It smells a lil girly but when I took a shower before bed my ex couldn't keep her hands off of me. Not TOO girly it smells like...i don't know not cocoa butter but something along those lines. Anyway i can put my cologne on after it and i'm good to go. And my skin isn't ruff and dry. And that's what they like aye(y)

Urbangntlmn
02-23-2006, 08:08 AM
yeah i forgot abou that...i used to always use lever 2000 antibacterial in the locker rroom after practice. I'm really about the germs and i likes getting all the dirt and grime off. lately i've been using the OLAY for extra dry skin. I had been using the one just dry skin with shea butter but they discontinued it. It smells a lil girly but when I took a shower before bed my ex couldn't keep her hands off of me. Not TOO girly it smells like...i don't know not cocoa butter but something along those lines. Anyway i can put my cologne on after it and i'm good to go. And my skin isn't ruff and dry. And that's what they like aye(y)

Found this on Ebay for you. hope that helps. :)
Olay for dry skin with Shea Butter (http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-8-OIL-OF-OLAY-BODY-WASH-DRY-SKIN-SHEA-BUTTER_W0QQitemZ5669235561QQcategoryZ31754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Bekko
02-24-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm really picky about my fingers and my hand. Even though I work alot on my yard or on my motors, truck lawn mower...I still have to have nice clean hands. I use a lot of Goop! Clean under my finger nails daily and keep them trim.

DRAYKKO
02-24-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm really picky about my fingers and my hand. Even though I work alot on my yard or on my motors, truck lawn mower...I still have to have nice clean hands. I use a lot of Goop! Clean under my finger nails daily and keep them trim.

I've heard about that Goop stuff. But doesn't it dry out your hands?

Big Daddy Dre---

ArchAngel Gabriel
02-24-2006, 06:58 AM

Big Daddy Dre---

I used to use my dad's goop all the time and I don't remember it drying out my hands...course I was a kid at the time and didn't really pay attention too well. Hmmm maybe I should get another thing of it to use when I do car work

Bekko
02-25-2006, 05:45 AM

Big Daddy Dre---

no, doesn't dry out my hands at least. It's the best for taking off motor grease. (y)

I do use a hand cream now and then because yard work is kind of hard on the skin.

newagehippie71
02-25-2006, 06:15 AM
As far as hair goes, I use the Garnier Nutrisse line of products. It smells citrusy (Which I like) it's kinda gender neutral. I use their shampoo+conditioner and their hair gel. As a spiky haired butch, how can I keep my hairstyle without using hair gel that hardens it? Would pomade or wax work as well???

I need definite help in the clothes department. Men's clothes don't fit as well for a large butch like myself; especially in the butt area!LOL I make do with men's pants, but how to measure for dress shirts???? Do I measure my neck? And what if I am an XXL in regular shirts.......what does that relate to in dress shirts??? All help is appreciated. I want to look fantastic for my wyfe....................;)

youngstud
02-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Mens' dress shirts are measured and sized in two ways: by the neck size, and by the sleeve length. When you shop for these, each of these measurements is combined, so you have to take both measurements into account- your neck and your arm length.

Of course the shirt would have to fit around your chest/torso as well so obviously you'd have to take a chest measurement.....but...to make this simpler:

Dress shirts:
Size Small is usually from a size 14-14.5 neck
Size Medium is usually a 15-15.5 size neck
Size Large is 16-16.5 neck
X-Large is anywhere from a size 17 neck and above.

Usually, in my experience, I have found that the t-shirt size corresponds to torso sizes for dress shirts...
A small could be anywhere from a 36-38, sometimes a small 39
Mediums are about a 38-40, sometimes a small 42
Large is typically 42-44, and sometimes a small 46
And an X large is usually about 46-48 and can start at size 50 as well depending on the brand.

But dress shirts will just give you the neck size, sleeve length size, and a S, M, L, or XL depending on the neck size that the tag displays.

I'm typically, a size large, 16-16 1/2 in dress shirts. In T shirts, depending on the brand, usually a large but also sometimes an X large. In most cases I am between a large and an X large, which would look like a 44-46. If you want to wear a tie, don't get too tight of a collar. You don't want to suffocate, LOL. A size 15.5 dress shirt will do if I don't want to wear a tie. Otherwise, size 16-16.5 is best for me. So, think about whether you plan on wearing a tie or not with that dress shirt.

If you measure your neck and find that it's in between a full and a half size, always go with the larger (half) size. For example if you're a 16 1/4, your best bet would be to usually go with a 16 1/2.

If the dress shirt fits your neck size and arm length, then it SHOULD fit your torso more or less and you should be able to get away with it. If you've not gotten chest surgery or breast removal, consider that your shirt will need to button over your breasts because unlike a T shirt, it can;t be stretched to do so. If you're planning on having your breasts removed soon, then my advice is to get 1 or 2 dress shirts that fit you now and wait until your surgery is complete and healed to go out and buy a full wardrobe of dress shirts.

Sleeve lengths typically come in size 32-33 or 34-35......these are the most common sleeve lengths found on the shirts you can buy in stores. If you're on the shorter side, get a size 32-33. If you're taller and/ or have long arms, get the next size, a 34-35. Those are the sizes you'll get without having to buy a custom made shirt. Most shirts with any size neck length will have the same sleeve length. For example, if you're a 16.5, you can get that in a sleeve length of 32-33 or 34-35. Same goes for other neck sizes. If those are too long for you, you may have to see a tailor or if you're willing to spend extra money to have your shirt custom made. If those are too short for you, there are sleeve lengths that come in a size 36-37 but I haven't come across too many of those in department stores.

Again, if you're a size in between, always go with the larger size. If you're a size 33 1/2 arm, go with a shirt that has a sleeve length of 34-35. And on the cuffs there are usually two buttons so you can decide which is more comfortable for your wrist circumfrence.

If you've got shorter arms and smaller wrists, shirts that have French cuffs are going to have a tendency to be bigger on your wrists and longer in the arm length for you.

A good fit can also depend on your body type. I've found that there are certain brands that seem to be more tailored towards certain body types. Pierre Cardin, for example, I have found to be a good fit for me (and possibly those others) as I have short arms & small wrists and a wider neck for a short body, with the same chest/torso frame as the average guy who is taller than me. The neck size on that shirt I think is a bit bigger compared to other shirt brands of the same neck size, and the sleeves tend to be shorter and cuffs tend to be smaller than most other shirts of the same size.

A good way to find out what your dress shirt size is, is to take a look at the casual button down mens' shirt and try those on. Those are sized the same way and they're usually not wrapped in plastic or have stick pins in them.

Also, keep in mind the texture of the shirt and how that feels. Is it smooth, is it threaded, does it have a pattern embedded on it?

One last things: type of collar. There's oxford, pinpoint, poplin, etc. Usually it'll say on the tag or package what style collar it has and each collar is styled differently. I prefer poplin collars.

I stick to wearing Van Heusen, Geoffrey Beene, and Pierre Cardin for dress shirts that I wear with a tie, because what I have in those brands are all solid color shirts. If I'm wearing a dress shirt that's got stripes on it or a print on it, I don't wear a tie with those and most of what I have in that type are Calvin Kleins, Kenneth Coles, and ones from H&M.

PM me if you'd like any more information, buddy.

-Ali Mac

DRAYKKO
02-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Mens' dress shirts are measured and sized in two ways: by the neck size, and by the sleeve length. When you shop for these, each of these measurements is combined, so you have to take both measurements into account- your neck and your arm length.

Of course the shirt would have to fit around your chest/torso as well so obviously you'd have to take a chest measurement.....but...to make this simpler:

Dress shirts:
Size Small is usually from a size 14-14.5 neck
Size Medium is usually a 15-15.5 size neck
Size Large is 16-16.5 neck
X-Large is anywhere from a size 17 neck and above.

Usually, in my experience, I have found that the t-shirt size corresponds to torso sizes for dress shirts...
A small could be anywhere from a 36-38, sometimes a small 39
Mediums are about a 38-40, sometimes a small 42
Large is typically 42-44, and sometimes a small 46
And an X large is usually about 46-48 and can start at size 50 as well depending on the brand.

But dress shirts will just give you the neck size, sleeve length size, and a S, M, L, or XL depending on the neck size that the tag displays.

I'm typically, a size large, 16-16 1/2 in dress shirts. In T shirts, depending on the brand, usually a large but also sometimes an X large. In most cases I am between a large and an X large, which would look like a 44-46. If you want to wear a tie, don't get too tight of a collar. You don't want to suffocate, LOL. A size 15.5 dress shirt will do if I don't want to wear a tie. Otherwise, size 16-16.5 is best for me. So, think about whether you plan on wearing a tie or not with that dress shirt.

If you measure your neck and find that it's in between a full and a half size, always go with the larger (half) size. For example if you're a 16 1/4, your best bet would be to usually go with a 16 1/2.

If the dress shirt fits your neck size and arm length, then it SHOULD fit your torso more or less and you should be able to get away with it. If you've not gotten chest surgery or breast removal, consider that your shirt will need to button over your breasts because unlike a T shirt, it can;t be stretched to do so. If you're planning on having your breasts removed soon, then my advice is to get 1 or 2 dress shirts that fit you now and wait until your surgery is complete and healed to go out and buy a full wardrobe of dress shirts.

Sleeve lengths typically come in size 32-33 or 34-35......these are the most common sleeve lengths found on the shirts you can buy in stores. If you're on the shorter side, get a size 32-33. If you're taller and/ or have long arms, get the next size, a 34-35. Those are the sizes you'll get without having to buy a custom made shirt. Most shirts with any size neck length will have the same sleeve length. For example, if you're a 16.5, you can get that in a sleeve length of 32-33 or 34-35. Same goes for other neck sizes. If those are too long for you, you may have to see a tailor or if you're willing to spend extra money to have your shirt custom made. If those are too short for you, there are sleeve lengths that come in a size 36-37 but I haven't come across too many of those in department stores.

Again, if you're a size in between, always go with the larger size. If you're a size 33 1/2 arm, go with a shirt that has a sleeve length of 34-35. And on the cuffs there are usually two buttons so you can decide which is more comfortable for your wrist circumfrence.

If you've got shorter arms and smaller wrists, shirts that have French cuffs are going to have a tendency to be bigger on your wrists and longer in the arm length for you.

A good fit can also depend on your body type. I've found that there are certain brands that seem to be more tailored towards certain body types. Pierre Cardin, for example, I have found to be a good fit for me (and possibly those others) as I have short arms & small wrists and a wider neck for a short body, with the same chest/torso frame as the average guy who is taller than me. The neck size on that shirt I think is a bit bigger compared to other shirt brands of the same neck size, and the sleeves tend to be shorter and cuffs tend to be smaller than most other shirts of the same size.

A good way to find out what your dress shirt size is, is to take a look at the casual button down mens' shirt and try those on. Those are sized the same way and they're usually not wrapped in plastic or have stick pins in them.

Also, keep in mind the texture of the shirt and how that feels. Is it smooth, is it threaded, does it have a pattern embedded on it?

One last things: type of collar. There's oxford, pinpoint, poplin, etc. Usually it'll say on the tag or package what style collar it has and each collar is styled differently. I prefer poplin collars.

I stick to wearing Van Heusen, Geoffrey Beene, and Pierre Cardin for dress shirts that I wear with a tie, because what I have in those brands are all solid color shirts. If I'm wearing a dress shirt that's got stripes on it or a print on it, I don't wear a tie with those and most of what I have in that type are Calvin Kleins, Kenneth Coles, and ones from H&M.

PM me if you'd like any more information, buddy.

-Ali Mac

Thank you for this YS! Should help a lot of us out... (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Sun
02-27-2006, 04:03 PM

Awesome! Come on over. Everyone is welcome. Not everyone over there knows how to cook and we can certainly help you to learn.

Mistermeanor
02-28-2006, 02:58 AM

-Ali Mac
Poplin, pinpoint, etc. are fabrics. Collars come in many styles. You can have button-down, point, tab, euro-point, classic spread, english spread, hidden button-down, rimini curved and spread. These are fancy names for length and shape of the point of the collar. Good examples of the different styles can be found at this link:

http://www.desantiscollection.com/catalogs/cat.asp?cnm=013106&catid=12&subid=26&pgs=half&pgn=42

I hope this helps.

DRAYKKO
02-28-2006, 04:24 AM
Poplin, pinpoint, etc. are fabrics. Collars come in many styles. You can have button-down, point, tab, euro-point, classic spread, english spread, hidden button-down, rimini curved and spread. These are fancy names for length and shape of the point of the collar. Good examples of the different styles can be found at this link:

http://www.desantiscollection.com/catalogs/cat.asp?cnm=013106&catid=12&subid=26&pgs=half&pgn=42

I hope this helps.

Thanks for providing this. I never knew there were so many different types of collars. Nice to know, for future shopping excursions. ;)

Big Daddy Dre---

ArchAngel Gabriel
02-28-2006, 07:37 PM
I like button collars.

newagehippie71
03-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Since I wasn't 100% sure about my shirt size as far as dress shirts go, I decided to try my luck at the Salvation army store. They have so much in the men's dept. it isn't even funny. I actually picked up a kick ass outfit (Button up crisp white shirt, grey dress slacks, tie and suspenders) for under $20! And you'd never know they were second hand unless I told you!
The shirt is a 17&1/2" collar (with 34" arms I believe). And fits me perfect. The slacks are 42" waist. Not sure on the inseam. Probably a 30 like all the usual ones.For those of you who don't know exactly what size you may be, my weight is 193 and my height is 5'6" and those numbers above are the sizes for my build......just to give you an idea of what may/may not fit you. Will have to play dress up and post my photos in my profile!LOL
Youngstud, you helped SO MUCH. Thank you.
;)
Now I just gotta find a nice pair of men's dress shoes..............................LOL

youngstud
03-01-2006, 06:03 PM
You're very welcome, newagehippie. I wear a size 16 1/2 collar and a 32 sleeve. My pants size is about a 36; sometimes 38 if they're a tight fit- too bad they don't make half sizes in mens' pants past a size 35, or else I'd be a pants size 37!

I think body frame has more to do with sizing than your height/weight combo....those predictions are far too idealistic for the many many types of bodies that there are.

-Ali Mac

marvel
03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
(h)

YES YES!!! THIS SITE ROCKS! TY :P (h) (h) (h) (h) (h) :D

JackSpade
03-02-2006, 03:53 AM
[/quote]

I use matrix dirt in my hair, which is a combination of paste & clay, and it is a pain in the ass to get out. I tried everything and then a friend said try mayonnaise and that worked wonderfully, it took every bit of the dirt out and I have really thick hair.

DRAYKKO
03-02-2006, 04:01 AM

I use matrix dirt in my hair, which is a combination of paste & clay, and it is a pain in the ass to get out. I tried everything and then a friend said try mayonnaise and that worked wonderfully, it took every bit of the dirt out and I have really thick hair.[/QUOTE]

Mayonaise??? Wow! I never knew that. Will keep that in mind. (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
03-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Hey guys...just wanted to pop in and say good morning. I hope all is well. :)

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-02-2006, 05:17 AM
That reminds me I need to go looking at the good will again. I bet they are putting out the short sleeve shirts soon. Otherwise I think I will roast this summer.

Thankyou for all the shirt info It really does help.

For the record I am 5'2 and 185 I wear 38/29 pants. My shirts ( fav chaps and george) only list med 38-40 but no collar size.

How much mayo to how much hair? I can not believe i just asked that question

DRAYKKO
03-02-2006, 05:24 AM
How much mayo to how much hair? I can not believe i just asked that question

ROFLMAO!
I think we'll soon be mixing up the "cooking" and "grooming" threads!

"Lightly baste at 350 degrees...oh wait you wanted BATH oil... :$ "

ROFLMAO!!!

Big Daddy Dre---

Bekko
03-02-2006, 07:28 AM
ROFLMAO!
I think we'll soon be mixing up the "cooking" and "grooming" threads!

"Lightly baste at 350 degrees...oh wait you wanted BATH oil... :$ "

ROFLMAO!!!

Big Daddy Dre---
LMAO

all this talk of May-O is making want a ham sandwich! I have heard of folks using beer in their hair (b) I just don't think I could waste a beer like that! LOL :'(

newagehippie71
03-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Another thing I learned many moons ago is to use Arm & Hammer baking soda in your hair. Mix it with some of your shampoo and voila'! In gets out all residue you have from daily wear and tear. not sure on shampoo/soda ratio, but don't make it too pasty or runny. how's that?LOL

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I love this thread :) . Now opening gabe's combination diner and hair salon. clothes washing while you wait... or is that roast... :| How this for one stop shopping.;)

I just bought mayo last night...

DRAYKKO
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Another thing I learned many moons ago is to use Arm & Hammer baking soda in your hair. Mix it with some of your shampoo and voila'! In gets out all residue you have from daily wear and tear. not sure on shampoo/soda ratio, but don't make it too pasty or runny. how's that?LOL

This is just TOO FUNNY!!
You guys are coming up with some great homemade grooming and cleaning tips! I'm sure it all works too, it's just that I think many of us are new to most of the suggestions (like the mayo thingie) ROFL!

But hell! If it works then I say go for it!!!

And the checkout person won't even give you any funny looks (unless you TELL him/her the mayo's for your hair :P )

Keep 'em commin' guys and gals!

Big Daddy Dre---

youngstud
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah I've heard about the mayo in your hair thing.......I've never tried it. No reason to anyway now because I have shaved my head and now look like the Buddha, Mr. Clean, Billy Corgan...etc.......just take yer pick!

The kind of shampoo and conditioner that works for you also depends on the kind of hair you have, whether it's curly, thick, thin, frizzy, etc. If I actually had more hair I might use a better product but I have short, very fine hair so anything 'for fine hair' usually does the trick.

-Ali Mac

TheRealJLO
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
actually i had a friend who did eggs. Said her mom would do it. it smelled like shit but it left your hair soft. pop a raw egg in the microwave then put it in your hair. you can do it with or without mayo.

hey youngstud...a lil trick. even if you shave your head...rub conditioner on it everyday like you would if you have hair. you can use one of those cheap bottle of suave or whatever, but the stuble will be soft and won't stuck straightout.

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Good morning,

I was curious to see what you guys did for going out to the beach swimming or at a pool party. What do you wear that makes you feel comfortable in your own skin and not so self-conscience?

crack11974
03-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Good morning,

I was curious to see what you guys did for going out to the beach swimming or at a pool party. What do you wear that makes you feel comfortable in your own skin and not so self-conscience?

I wear regular swim trunks and then a "rash gaurd" like surfers wear. It's like a swim shirt that is kinda of wetsuit-like, but not as thick with the material.

For what a rash gaurd is look here: http://www.wavejammer.com/wetsuits/rashguards/rashguards350.shtml

Crack

DRAYKKO
03-03-2006, 06:59 AM
actually i had a friend who did eggs. Said her mom would do it. it smelled like shit but it left your hair soft. pop a raw egg in the microwave then put it in your hair. you can do it with or without mayo.

WOOHOOO!!!
Egg salad for your hair!!! ROFLMAO!

(sorry I couldn't resist (a) )

Big Daddy Dre---

DRAYKKO
03-03-2006, 07:05 AM
I wear regular swim trunks and then a "rash gaurd" like surfers wear. It's like a swim shirt that is kinda of wetsuit-like, but not as thick with the material.

For what a rash gaurd is look here: http://www.wavejammer.com/wetsuits/rashguards/rashguards350.shtml

Crack

Hey! Those rashguards are KEWL! (y)
I used to wear my gynocomastia binder with a t-shirt and swim trunks. But since I've had the surgery I go "au naturale" (bare chested) with swim trunks.

I also used to have the prosthesis made my Dr. Joe D'Arienzo, in Australia. The medical grade glue held up great in all kinds of water (including sea water). Due to regular "wear and tear" I've had to trade up to just wearing a jock strap with a packer and my swim trunks. :P

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 07:34 AM
WOOHOOO!!!
Egg salad for your hair!!! ROFLMAO!

(sorry I couldn't resist (a) )

Big Daddy Dre---

LOL...too funny. Now I am hungry...:)

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey! Those rashguards are KEWL! (y)
I used to wear my gynocomastia binder with a t-shirt and swim trunks. But since I've had the surgery I go "au naturale" (bare chested) with swim trunks.

I also used to have the prosthesis made my Dr. Joe D'Arienzo, in Australia. The medical grade glue held up great in all kinds of water (including sea water). Due to regular "wear and tear" I've had to trade up to just wearing a jock strap with a packer and my swim trunks. :P

Big Daddy Dre---

Yes they are. I have something similar made by underworks. I usually just wear swim trunks with that. I am envious that you go bare chested. That is so awesome. I am thankful I am not that big (up top) so I can go without binding if I wear the chest guard since its fairly tight but not at all uncomfortable.

I have never had a problem with the adhesive either. Its the cock that gets the beating ( that just sounds so wrong on so many levels..lol) in the salt water. :|

DRAYKKO
03-03-2006, 08:04 AM
I can go without binding if I wear the chest guard since its fairly tight but not at all uncomfortable.

I tried wearing one of those abdomen belts (like a girdle, but with velcro) to bind once and MAN did that constrict my breathing! :| Needless to say I didn't do it long. Make sure whatever you're using doesn't inhibit your ability to breathe or be comfortable....

I have never had a problem with the adhesive either. Its the cock that gets the beating ( that just sounds so wrong on so many levels..lol) in the salt water. :|

ROFLMAO! You KINKMEISTER you ;) (6) (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 08:25 AM
I tried wearing one of those abdomen belts (like a girdle, but with velcro) to bind once and MAN did that constrict my breathing! :| Needless to say I didn't do it long. Make sure whatever you're using doesn't inhibit your ability to breathe or be comfortable....
ROFLMAO! You KINKMEISTER you ;) (6) (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

I did try one of those years ago and I thought that the life was being taken from me when I entered into the water. I was young and naive but I sure woke up fast and learned to "ask" around and get help. lol

Sun
03-03-2006, 09:50 AM

LMAO....This cracked me up! Reminds me of a hot night in at the beach...but thats for another thread. ;)

crack11974
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Urban, I suggest trying a rash gaurd since it's made for the water. I too use compression shirts from underworks for everyday, but A) they are more expensive than a rash gaurd B) they are not made to sit in salt water/chlorine like the rash gaurd is and they are gonna wear out. So you might wanna give it a try. $20 and it lasts.

Crack

Yes they are. I have something similar made by underworks. I usually just wear swim trunks with that. I am envious that you go bare chested. That is so awesome. I am thankful I am not that big (up top) so I can go without binding if I wear the chest guard since its fairly tight but not at all uncomfortable.

Sun
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM

Crack

Thanks for this link crack. Im going to order one.

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 01:28 PM
LMAO....This cracked me up! Reminds me of a hot night in at the beach...but thats for another thread. ;)

LOL...Do tell.

Hell we talk about other things in here...food, mayonaise, etc...Come on spill the hot night at the beach story.

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I am going to be moving to NYC in less than a month and though I know my way around the city very well, does anyone have any tips on places to buy clothes, haircut, etc...that could be of additional help to me?

I would appreciate it very much.

DrBombay
03-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Good morning,

I wear swim trunks and sport tank or sports bra ---I love to swim and I love the sun, so I try to wear as little as possible--I don't have many body issues left--
I like the rash guard thing, but it looks like it covers too much skin---

I remember when I was younger the whole 'going to the beach' thing was a big deal..what should I wear? I'll look like a big butch dyke in a one piece---ugh!..now it seems like I made a big deal over a bunch of nothing. We are our harshest critics sometimes.

bombay

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Good morning,

well the only bathing suit I had for the last 15 years was this black tank with a skirt thing on it which was a hand me down from my little sister. I would wear it under shorts and a tee shirt.

I finally got rid of it and now am facing the trial of getting a new something to wear :|

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-03-2006, 04:35 PM
oh and Bekko, here's a cheap beer for your hair....;)

TheRealJLO
03-03-2006, 06:00 PM
hey man i'm in the jersey area and next month when you get here there might be a bunch of outting esp. towards the end of the month. First join FABU east. Second let us know when you have a weekend free, perhaps the butches can circle the wagons and we'll do a butch grooming outting.

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 06:09 PM
hey man i'm in the jersey area and next month when you get here there might be a bunch of outting esp. towards the end of the month. First join FABU east. Second let us know when you have a weekend free, perhaps the butches can circle the wagons and we'll do a butch grooming outting.

Thanks man. I have already joined the Fabu-East List and I will be there in time for the dance for the first week of April. I would love to go out with some of the guys and have a grooming outting and get to know some of you.

TheRealJLO
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
kewl kewl, let me know, or hit me up off list. I am looking for a new place to get my hair done....I'm paying 100+ to get my hair cut and shaped up.

Urbangntlmn
03-03-2006, 06:12 PM
kewl kewl, let me know, or hit me up off list. I am looking for a new place to get my hair done....I'm paying 100+ to get my hair cut and shaped up.

Will do. I already have a place to get my hair cut. That was first priority when I was up there to interview for my job...lol
Its the Aveda salon in midtown Manhattan and they charge $50- for regular cut. I am not sure what you have done, but thats not too bad pf a price considering its Manhattan and if you want a nice cut.

TheRealJLO
03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
tru tru I will just have to see if they can give me a perm and not totally fuck it up

Urbangntlmn
03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
tru tru I will just have to see if they can give me a perm and not totally fuck it up

Do you have problems with salons/sytlists messing up a perm?

TheRealJLO
03-06-2006, 05:12 AM
i've had people perm it too much and some not enough

TheRealJLO
03-06-2006, 05:14 AM
in fact i usually do my own hair but for the past few months i'm slowly ( and i mean SLOWLY) evolving into a metrosexual and i think it started with this thread.

hey does anyone out there use panoxyl? I've been using this soap on my face nearly a month and my skin is so damn dry now but turino keeps telling me ride it out. anyone else dry ot the point of peeling??

DAYWALKER
03-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Good morning,

Levis Cut~offs...
lol...and not the kind you buy already cut,
they have to be done yourself, with the little fraying on the end of the legs...and a muscle tank top, black, a little long, and not clingy...
Oh, and nobody's getting near my hair, lol...
I am going for the whole neandrathal look I think...
:)

I have an excellent Scent tip though...
DolceDeGabbana mixed with Carolina Herrera for men (the original scent)...you will not believe the reactions...lol...esp. out of the straight girls...
:| :D (h)

:[

Urbangntlmn
03-06-2006, 06:12 AM
in fact i usually do my own hair but for the past few months i'm slowly ( and i mean SLOWLY) evolving into a metrosexual and i think it started with this thread.

hey does anyone out there use panoxyl? I've been using this soap on my face nearly a month and my skin is so damn dry now but turino keeps telling me ride it out. anyone else dry ot the point of peeling??

I have a good friend who is transitioning and is using panoxyl. The doctor told him the same thing turino told you, wait it out. It will eventually become a natural source to your skin and the oils will replenish.

Urbangntlmn
03-06-2006, 06:17 AM
I am going for the whole neandrathal look I think...

I have an excellent Scent tip though...
DolceDeGabbana mixed with Carolina Herrera for men (the original scent)...you will not believe the reactions...lol...esp. out of the straight girls...
:| :D (h)

You are too funny....lol
So what kind of reactions are you getting out there Daywalker? lol
I don't believe I have ever smelled those two colognes, I will have to check them out. I wear Chanel Allure, Polo Black and Michael by M. Kors.

DAYWALKER
03-06-2006, 06:50 AM
You are too funny....lol
So what kind of reactions are you getting out there Daywalker? lol
I don't believe I have ever smelled those two colognes, I will have to check them out. I wear Chanel Allure, Polo Black and Michael by M. Kors.

Yes...the neandrathal thing, it's one of the endearing nick~names M'Lady uses for me
...:| ...
I think I have a recent pic I will post today that will resemble a little bit of the graying hair thing goin' on...lol

Lol...the reactions...it's all good stuff, I can tell ya that!
;)
You will have to go to Macy's or Nordstroms I think, to get a whiff of those two...trust me, even when they stand alone...they stand to be noticed!

I saw a posting on face stuff...I gotta tell ya, the most wonderful thing you can do for your face is...3 times a day, splash it with cold water n towel dry it lightly...that's it! Olay has something called regenerist...I think that will take care of the dryness caused by meds...also...my neice has had 2 heart transplants in 15 years...lots of dry skin going on there due to meds and other factors...her surgeon recommended Avons Skin So Soft...might wanna look into that too JLO...

Urbangntlmn
03-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Yes...the neandrathal thing, it's one of the endearing nick~names M'Lady uses for me
...:| ...
I think I have a recent pic I will post today that will resemble a little bit of the graying hair thing goin' on...lol

Lol...the reactions...it's all good stuff, I can tell ya that!
;)
You will have to go to Macy's or Nordstroms I think, to get a whiff of those two...trust me, even when they stand alone...they stand to be noticed!

I saw a posting on face stuff...I gotta tell ya, the most wonderful thing you can do for your face is...3 times a day, splash it with cold water n towel dry it lightly...that's it! Olay has something called regenerist...I think that will take care of the dryness caused by meds...also...my neice has had 2 heart transplants in 15 years...lots of dry skin going on there due to meds and other factors...her surgeon recommended Avons Skin So Soft...might wanna look into that too JLO...

I was going to Macy's today so I will have to check them out. Thanks for the tips.
I will look for your new pic too...I have the salt and pepper thing going on with my hair and though I get a lot of compliments on it, I have been thinking of dying it...I just turned 40 so I have that "not wanting to start looking my age" thing going on, though I don't really look my age, I just don't want to start. LOL

DAYWALKER
03-06-2006, 07:09 AM
I was going to Macy's today so I will have to check them out. Thanks for the tips.
I will look for your new pic too...I have the salt and pepper thing going on with my hair and though I get a lot of compliments on it, I have been thinking of dying it...I just turned 40 so I have that "not wanting to start looking my age" thing going on, though I don't really look my age, I just don't want to start. LOL

Ok...if all went well on the upload...lol, one of the more recent pics in now open for viewing in 'da Galleriezzz!
Good thing the gray isn't all that visible in this one...
:s

Have fun with the chicks at Macy's...lol, they know what's up when a Butch hits the Men's Cologne counter...lol, at least in the Bay Area they did...where I'm at now, I get this nervous gifggle, a coupla stares...and the occassional helpful one trying to direct me to the "Other" departmnet...rofl...
:D

Sun
03-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Have fun with the chicks at Macy's...lol, they know what's up when a Butch hits the Men's Cologne counter...lol, at least in the Bay Area they did...where I'm at now, I get this nervous gifggle, a coupla stares...and the occassional helpful one trying to direct me to the "Other" departmnet...rofl...

OK ask me how much I LOVE to talk to the ladies in the cosmetics area at Macy's or Nordstroms!

Its great to drop in and check the new fragrances out.

On skin care. Is anyone who is experiencing dry skin using a cream with an aloe base? Just curious.

Bekko
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
OK ask me how much I LOVE to talk to the ladies in the cosmetics area at Macy's or Nordstroms!

Its great to drop in and check the new fragrances out.

On skin care. Is anyone who is experiencing dry skin using a cream with an aloe base? Just curious.
LOL, and I thought I was the only butch crusing the men's cologne counters just to talk to the women. (6) :P

Sun
03-07-2006, 04:59 PM
LOL, and I thought I was the only butch crusing the men's cologne counters just to talk to the women. (6) :P

Hey there! Nah..just us smart ones! ;)

Some of the women here are so gorgeous. I went shopping in the Coach store this winter just to talk to the magnificent woman who was working there. There was nothing in the store that I wanted to buy that day but I managed to spend half an hour there anyway.

Bekko
03-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey there! Nah..just us smart ones! ;)

Some of the women here are so gorgeous. I went shopping in the Coach store this winter just to talk to the magnificent woman who was working there. There was nothing in the store that I wanted to buy that day but I managed to spend half an hour there anyway.
and the best part is letting them tell YOU which ones smell best on you! (y) :o :$

yep I sure do love a woman's point of view, or in this case sense of smell. :)

Urbangntlmn
03-07-2006, 05:44 PM

I did have fun at the Macy's counter today. My regular sales woman was there who gives me a lot of free samples and loves to show me all the new men's fragrances that are out. Such a wonderful thing...lol :)

Bekko
03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
I did have fun at the Macy's counter today. My regular sales woman was there who gives me a lot of free samples and loves to show me all the new men's fragrances that are out. Such a wonderful thing...lol :)

and are you willing to share your Macy's woman with the rest of us??? (y) (h)

Urbangntlmn
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM

Sure...I am positive she wouldn't mind. lol
She is in Florida, so if your close by, I will let you know exactly where to go to find her. Just tell her I sent you. lol :)

Bekko
03-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Sure...I am positive she wouldn't mind. lol
She is in Florida, so if your close by, I will let you know exactly where to go to find her. Just tell her I sent you. lol :)

hot damn! sign me up, I'm in the Tampa Bay area! Hey maybe I can get you more free-be's for the referal!

Urbangntlmn
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
hot damn! sign me up, I'm in the Tampa Bay area! Hey maybe I can get you more free-be's for the referal!

Tyrone Mall in St Petersburg buddy. She is always there during the days even on the weekends. She's a sweetheart.

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-08-2006, 03:28 AM
I used to live in Tampa also Bradenton and Thonosassa. Small world. I didnt know they gave out samples of mens cologne. Will have to rthink my shopping strategy...

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 04:27 AM
I used to live in Tampa also Bradenton and Thonosassa. Small world. I didnt know they gave out samples of mens cologne. Will have to rthink my shopping strategy...

They always have tons of samples behind the counter. Just tell them you would like to try some new items out and that your skin needs to breathe the cologne before you will know which one works for you. They will give you several. Of course, you have to go back and buy something sooner or later or the samples will cease. Repeat business is a win-win situation.

Always get a woman to assist you. Doesn't matter, young or old. Look around, seem interested, not only in the scents but in her. Tell her she looks nice, smells nice. That will win you over every time.

Awhile back, I actually used the line..." could I have some samples because you smelling so good has caused me to not be able to really comprehand which one of these colognes will work for me right now..."
You will get a huge bag of samples...LOL

DRAYKKO
03-08-2006, 04:47 AM
Awhile back, I actually used the line..." could I have some samples because you smelling so good has caused me to not be able to really comprehand which one of these colognes will work for me right now..."

ROFLMAO!
All you smoothies! ;)

*shaking my head and smiling at the things we fellas do for the attentions of a good femme*

(y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 04:54 AM
ROFLMAO!
All you smoothies! ;)

*shaking my head and smiling at the things we fellas do for the attentions of a good femme*

(y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Hey, whatever works, right? The femme's do it to get their way, why shouldn't we? LMAO

DAYWALKER
03-08-2006, 06:03 AM

Lololol.....You guys are killin' me...wouldn't it be an absolute roar to see her reactions of being passed around in this thread, to share her.....scent....lol?
Leo, good morning...did you get a chance to
((all "distractions" aside, if possible :P ))
get a whiff of the two I recommended? And, which one's did you finally decide on, I'd love to know which other scents you found to be awesome...!

Sun
03-08-2006, 09:02 AM

That is classic bro!

I never thougt to ask for samples. Wow. Thanks for the tip!

This may get me to hop over to the mall tonight and cruise the new scents.

Any thoughts on Shampoo and conditioner?

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Lololol.....You guys are killin' me...wouldn't it be an absolute roar to see her reactions of being passed around in this thread, to share her.....scent....lol?
Leo, good morning...did you get a chance to
((all "distractions" aside, if possible :P ))
get a whiff of the two I recommended? And, which one's did you finally decide on, I'd love to know which other scents you found to be awesome...!

LMAO...If she only knew. I should tell her, she would probably swoon since she loves it when I come in since she thinks I do to flirt with her. I only do it for the samples...LOL Does that make me a cologne manwhore? lol

I did get a chance to smell just the DolceDeGabbana you referred me to. She gave me a sample so I am going to try it and see how it works with my skin. I will definitely let you know.

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 09:33 AM
That is classic bro!

I never thougt to ask for samples. Wow. Thanks for the tip!

This may get me to hop over to the mall tonight and cruise the new scents.

Any thoughts on Shampoo and conditioner?

I only use Aveda and Bumble and Bumble for hair products.
From Aveda, I use the Shampure, and Rosemary Mint.
From Bumble and Bumble, I use Seaweed and Alojoba.
For styling, I use the Aveda Brilliant Texture Gel

Sign up on both of the websites since they send you a coupon every month for a free sample at any of their authorized salons.
http://www.aveda.com/home.tmpl
http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/

DRAYKKO
03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
LOL Does that make me a cologne manwhore? lol

ROFLMAO!!!
You jes' ain't right!! (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
ROFLMAO!!!
You jes' ain't right!! (y)

Big Daddy Dre---

LMAO....:|

LADY FLAMEZZZ
03-08-2006, 01:49 PM
i' m telling on y'all~~~~~~~

walks out smiling wickedly~~~~~~

Sun
03-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Oh no...dont blow my cover! I so look forward to those trips to the mens cologne counters!

Then again...I learned years ago that if I want to see some sexy femmes all that I needed to do was seek out the best shoe department around. Boy was I right!

LADY FLAMEZZZ
03-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh no...dont blow my cover! I so look forward to those trips to the mens cologne counters!

Then again...I learned years ago that if I want to see some sexy femmes all that I needed to do was seek out the best shoe department around. Boy was I right!

pay off's are sweet, the bash is soon i need a new gown,lol
wait did you say shoes :eyes wide::P

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 02:14 PM

Thats just wrong...LMAO:P

LADY FLAMEZZZ
03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Thats just wrong...LMAO:P

i know , huh. ain't life grand,lol

and as a proud member of the B-F society i can get away with it also as juss being me!!!!

Urbangntlmn
03-08-2006, 02:28 PM
i know , huh. ain't life grand,lol

and as a proud member of the B-F society i can get away with it also as juss being me!!!!

*looking at the title of this thread* damn these open to everyone threads...LOL:)

*Shaking head* Just wrong...LOL

youngstud
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification! The fabric type was indicated on the collar label sometimes so I thought that that was the collar being referred to. Guess not! I stand corrected. Oh well- yes there are different fabrics and texture. So for fabric I prefer poplin. I like point collars. Thanks for the link, too!

-Ali Mac

ArchAngel Gabriel
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM
They are starting to put out short sleeve shirts now. I have my winter wardrobe covered now i need to start on spring and summer stuff. Oy! I stopped at wally world tonight with my friends and saw the nicest blue shirt. Am gonna ask another friend to go shopping with me soon.

Sun
03-09-2006, 03:47 PM
They are starting to put out short sleeve shirts now. I have my winter wardrobe covered now i need to start on spring and summer stuff. Oy! I stopped at wally world tonight with my friends and saw the nicest blue shirt. Am gonna ask another friend to go shopping with me soon.

Oh wow...Spring wardrobe. ugh. I am not even satifsfied with my winter wardrobe. Oh well. Water under the bridge now.

I have some essentials that I have been shopping for. From Jeans to a good tuxedo...it never ends.

I want Diesel jeans and that Armani Tux that George Clooney wore on Oscar Night.

DAYWALKER
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh wow...Spring wardrobe. ugh. I am not even satifsfied with my winter wardrobe. Oh well. Water under the bridge now.

I have some essentials that I have been shopping for. From Jeans to a good tuxedo...it never ends.

I want Diesel jeans and that Armani Tux that George Clooney wore on Oscar Night.

Ok...lol, here goes the total PHAG in me...ready?

In order to prolong the life of all your favorite clothes, ya gotta check the following:

Botton, Zip, and Snap...Everything before it hits the washer...lol
Wash everything in Cold...
Do Not Dry anything if you can help it...especially cord shirts!
Oh, and use the right hangers gentlemen...nobody like shoulder dimples...yes?
All shirt that have print should be washed inside out...
Never Iron Hemp, or Linen on too high of heat,
and turn them inside out to do so...

Thank You for listening...

******Crackin' UPPpppp*******

Disclaimer: All of the above statements have been thouroughly tested in the laboratories of Daywalkers laundry experiences, Inc. We are not responsible for lost sock that have not been paired and attached before entering washer.

flyingbutch
03-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Ok...lol, here goes the total PHAG in me...ready?

In order to prolong the life of all your favorite clothes, ya gotta check the following:

Botton, Zip, and Snap...Everything before it hits the washer...lol
Wash everything in Cold...
Do Not Dry anything if you can help it...especially cord shirts!
Oh, and use the right hangers gentlemen...nobody like shoulder dimples...yes?
All shirt that have print should be washed inside out...
Never Iron Hemp, or Linen on too high of heat,
and turn them inside out to do so...

Thank You for listening...

******Crackin' UPPpppp*******

Disclaimer: All of the above statements have been thouroughly tested in the laboratories of Daywalkers laundry experiences, Inc. We are not responsible for lost sock that have not been paired and attached before entering washer.

Thanks Day! :D LOL
That laundry can most certainly be a clothes killer! I am sure we all have our share of experiences!!!! LMAO!!!

Bekko
03-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Tyrone Mall in St Petersburg buddy. She is always there during the days even on the weekends. She's a sweetheart.

thanks for the tip (y) I live about 10 minutes from the Tyrone Mall. Damn, it really is a small world. Maybe all the butches in the area should drop in on her for a visit :D

DRAYKKO
04-18-2006, 05:15 AM
Ok...here's one we haven't discussed yet...

What do you fellas do for "bed hair"??? (a)

(And don't act like to don't get this! I KNOW you do - unless you're bald, like me (a) )

Dre---

DRAYKKO
04-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Just subbing to my own thread (a)

Urbangntlmn
04-18-2006, 05:22 AM

(And don't act like to don't get this! I KNOW you do - unless you're bald, like me (a) )

Dre---

Yes, what is up with that??? lol I hardly have any hair and you can't imagine what my hair looks like in the morning. I shower every morning, so thats how I get it back to normal, other than that, I would have to submerge my head under water to not have a certain someone giggling at me...lol

DAYWALKER
04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Yes, what is up with that??? lol I hardly have any hair and you can't imagine what my hair looks like in the morning. I shower every morning, so thats how I get it back to normal, other than that, I would have to submerge my head under water to not have a certain someone giggling at me...lol

LMAOOooooo....
Hey, what the hell are you complaining about...?
Look at my hair...lol, now there is a handful of bedhead trouble right there...! Hell, I just wet it, brush it and be done with it...
(h)
When I had spikes as a young'en...lol, I used Joico Ice, gel and spray...still had my long length, but I spiked the top 'cause it was easier to manage Helmet Head, which is worse than bed head...lol.
Leo...wet it and toss in some Joice Ice...
it will not move all day handsome...mmmKay?
(y)

hlj1872
04-18-2006, 07:33 AM

*pokes her head in here to say*

I might gliggle Leo, but I would also be proud on those mornings when it's extra messy and knowing how it got that way *w*..and thinking about that makes me blush & gliggle!

*gliggles her way out the door*

TheRealJLO
04-18-2006, 07:47 AM
bed head is my look now. so i put that wax in that bed head makes and then i let it "do hat it do" for a couple days

MagicBesos
04-18-2006, 07:49 AM
The only time I worry about "bed head" is when I get up to go to the gym, and then I just stick a bandana on my head and out the door I go!

Sun
04-18-2006, 08:06 AM
I never leave the house before I shower...ok occasionally I do, but its rare and it is usually when I have run out of coffee and forgot to pick it up the night before. On those days I throw on a Baseball cap. Usually its a red cap, not that anyone is interested in this, but hey ...I'm sipping my coffee and waking up here. In general though, I shower in the morning and let my hair gel or pomade do the trick.

Now DAYWALKER, Bro.....you must have some bedhead!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone is waxing. I usually get my eyebrows cleaned up about this time of year but the maintenance is a bear.

TheRealJLO
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
hahaha i thought you were talking about waxing something else. speaking of which let's take a poll guys. Down below do you:

wax
shave
trim
leave it alone

I used to shave now i just trim.

Sun
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
hahaha i thought you were talking about waxing something else. speaking of which let's take a poll guys. Down below do you:

wax
shave
trim
leave it alone

Well I was thinking of waxing in general, but my eyebrows are really long and thick so I have to do something with them or lose my metro card.

As for down below, trim. Waxing sounds great but I'm having an aversion to the pain.

Urbangntlmn
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
LMAOOooooo....
Hey, what the hell are you complaining about...?
Look at my hair...lol, now there is a handful of bedhead trouble right there...! Hell, I just wet it, brush it and be done with it...
(h)
When I had spikes as a young'en...lol, I used Joico Ice, gel and spray...still had my long length, but I spiked the top 'cause it was easier to manage Helmet Head, which is worse than bed head...lol.
Leo...wet it and toss in some Joice Ice...
it will not move all day handsome...mmmKay?
(y)

Whats Joice Ice DW? I have never heard of it. I use Aveda or Bumble and Bumble for hair products. I don't like my hair sticky or full of glue. I just put a tiny bit of gel and ta-da...out the door.

Urbangntlmn
04-18-2006, 11:36 AM

wax
shave
trim
leave it alone

LOL...down below huh....
All I will say is that I use a specific product to get rid of the hair because I use adhesive for my cock. Try using the adhesive with hair there and you will pay...LOL *dearly*

Other than that, neat and trimmed and clean. Grandma taught me to get in all the small places...

dear god, I cannot believe I am writing this...
LMAO

Sun
04-18-2006, 11:40 AM
dear god, I cannot believe I am writing this...
LMAO

I had a similar sentiment when I started to write in my response...although...I skipped over the "waxing" story thinking that I would save myself the repeated trauma!
Damned Italian/Puerto Rican/Spanish genes.

flyingbutch
04-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Bedhead:
All I can do is the shower-pomade combination. My hair has a mind of its own and the only time I get to control is when it's drippin' wet! And yes, I do obsess over how my hair looks. I guess that's the "latino" in my speaking/acting.

To the other part.... hmmm... I guess I could just get it over with... :|

Shaved... :$

*runs out of here as fast as I can*

Nano

gaymer
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
i am glad to see you guys talkin bout the pubes... i have said previously and i will say it again... TRIM THE PUBES (at a minimum).

ty and have a good day.

Aiden
04-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Allright, here is a question. I'm trans, but not on hormones or anything, but I heard that the peach fuzz women have on their faces is bad for transguys who are looking to pass. How do you shave when you don't actually have any hair to shave, and how often? What razer should I get, and what shaving cream and what else?

Sun
04-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Allright, here is a question. I'm trans, but not on hormones or anything, but I heard that the peach fuzz women have on their faces is bad for transguys who are looking to pass. How do you shave when you don't actually have any hair to shave, and how often? What razer should I get, and what shaving cream and what else?

You can shave, wax or you can use a liquid/cream hair remover. I would say, stop into a spa or salon, talk to an esthetician and get his/her opinion. Always consult a professional if you are not sure.

Good luck!

Bekko
04-23-2006, 06:19 AM

Dre---

the only thing I can do about bed hair is to go take a shower and wash it. Since my hair is curly and kind of thick that is the only thing that helps.

DAYWALKER
04-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Whats Joice Ice DW? I have never heard of it. I use Aveda or Bumble and Bumble for hair products. I don't like my hair sticky or full of glue. I just put a tiny bit of gel and ta-da...out the door.

Shyt...Shyt...Shyt...lol...I suppose if I had spelled it right,
you might have heard of it!
:s
JOICO...lol, is the name of the product line...gotta go to a salon, or one of those fancy~wancy hair product stores to get it...
Check it out, though...I think you will like it!
(y)
Underarm hair...lol, let us Discuss...rofl...
I think I can speak for a few of us when I say...
I will Never shave it...it itches, and leaves really icky stubble!
I think I can actually braid mine now...lolol, perhaps I will give it a try for the summer shirt look!

TheRealJLO
04-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Even though I'm not attracted to my fellow butches and ftms the armpit hair icks me out. I know its natural etc and in other countries the women keep it. But as a former athlete, i think of all the sweat and caked up deodorant dripping from it. So I don't shave but i cut it really short.

Sun
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I just noticed the number of hits that this thread gets.

Interesting.

Come on lurkers! Post something!

Send in your questions!

Good grief I really need more coffee.

DAYWALKER
04-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Even though I'm not attracted to my fellow butches and ftms the armpit hair icks me out. I know its natural etc and in other countries the women keep it. But as a former athlete, i think of all the sweat and caked up deodorant dripping from it. So I don't shave but i cut it really short.

Ok...eewww....Lmaoooo...
So, as a
"I was never a jock, but they called me a High~Rider"
...kinda guy, the former athelete in you makes sense...

However, I am Cherokee mix...and the hair is non offensive
and luckily I have never had to deal with the caked up
deoderant "dripping" from it...lololol...now that IS icky...!
I suppose I could trim it...but that is like asking me to trim my daggers...er...uh...toenails! It's just not likely...

DAYWALKER
04-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I just noticed the number of hits that this thread gets.

Interesting.

Come on lurkers! Post something!

Send in your questions!

Good grief I really need more coffee.

Hey there Sun...!
>>>>(c)<<<<
Coffee for ya

Good Afternoon...

I saw the same thing, but I really think it might be the gals peeking in...and doin' their best not to interrupt all this Bro Bonding thing...lol, by waltzing through covered in glitter and gligglin' the whole time...ya know? LMAOOoooo...just a thought, though I could be wrong...yes?

;)

ArchAngel Gabriel
04-23-2006, 01:37 PM

I just dry shave with a bic just like I do with my legs when I remember to shave them. Honestly, Since I am not and have not beem in a relationship for a long time I don't remember to shave cause I don't look at myself. I do run a bic over my chin now and then cause of stray hairs.

Bekko
04-23-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm a pit shaver too. I can't stand the look or the feel, and my g/f likes it shaved too.

ArchAngel Gabriel
04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I just dry shave with a bic just like I do with my legs when I remember to shave them. Honestly, Since I am not and have not beem in a relationship for a long time I don't remember to shave cause I don't look at myself. I do run a bic over my chin now and then cause of stray hairs.

let me rephrase this
I do shave under the arms but rarely shave the legs unless I have a reason too. Occasionally i do bic my chin

BCtboi
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM

It's not a good thing because men don't have peach fuzz.

The best razor is the gillette fusion. I SHOULD shave everyday, but I don't, mainly because the replacement cartriges are 14 dollars. You should probably shave it whenever you notice it growing back.

Urbangntlmn
04-24-2006, 04:51 AM
>>>>(c)<<<<
Coffee for ya

Good Afternoon...

I saw the same thing, but I really think it might be the gals peeking in...and doin' their best not to interrupt all this Bro Bonding thing...lol, by waltzing through covered in glitter and gligglin' the whole time...ya know? LMAOOoooo...just a thought, though I could be wrong...yes?

;)

Yes, I did notice the glitter all over the place as well as the big wheel tread marks all over the floor. ;)

hlj1872
04-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Yes, I did notice the glitter all over the place as well as the big wheel tread marks all over the floor. ;)

*mumbles* oh..I'm so busted...:|

TheRealJLO
04-24-2006, 08:39 AM
daggers/toesnails...oh no, I have foot issues that go deeper than armpit hair!

FemmeLovinBoi
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Haven't been here in awhile. This place is hoppin'. (y)

I don't shave my legs or underarms. Never have. Just doesn't feel right for me. :s I really don't have much hair on my legs to speak of. It's the Cherokee in me. I don't get caked up deodrant on my underarms as I use a natural mineral rock instead of any kind of deodrant thing. I can work out hard or work in the yard, etc. sweat like crazy and never smell offensive. (h) It works great and has no chemicals, etc. in it. I shave my face every morning and have been for years.

Keeping an eye on this thread. It's great to see what all the guys are wearing, doing. LOL

Sun
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey there Sun...!
>>>>(c)<<<<
Coffee for ya

Good Afternoon...

;)

LOL....Greetings to you Syr Day.

Yes I suppose that you are correct, in that the femmes could be dropping in. That thought did cross my mind. Especially since some of the ladies want to get their bois groomed up a bit (ok lurkers dont act like you dont know what I am talking about). Good grief, my best friend sends her boys to me for grooming chat. One friend is a femme who is freaking out because her oldest is about to go through puberty, so I was nominated to talk to him about all of the various "changes" that are happening. I finally had to go back to her and ask her if she recalls that I did not go through bio male puberty at the kids age.

Anyway...It is great, imo to have a place where people can just ask questions or see how the others are handling things.

I have a date next weekend and have already cut my hair 2x to get it "just right". As if she cares. My hair could be a total mess and trust me...it would not matter at all.

Great work guys!!

Oh yeah....Daywalker.....I will take that coffee if you still have some Bro. ;)

DRAYKKO
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
daggers/toesnails...oh no, I have foot issues that go deeper than armpit hair!

OMG!!!
Thank you for bringing this up!

I think it's because I'm in an LDR, that I don't pay much mind to this, but I do worry about the claws I let grow too long on my toes. (a) :$ I clip 'em when I remember. Never had a pedicure; but I think I might try it.

I also have callousses on my heels (is that what they mean by "heel spurs"???). I have a callous remover and I file, but they jes' keep comin' back.... HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Dre---

TheRealJLO
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
when i said foot issues, i mean i hate feet. yuck. dude yo ubetter put a cheese grater to those things, they sound liek they have jungle rot! :)

FemmeLovinBoi
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
OMG!!!
Thank you for bringing this up!

I think it's because I'm in an LDR, that I don't pay much mind to this, but I do worry about the claws I let grow too long on my toes. (a) :$ I clip 'em when I remember. Never had a pedicure; but I think I might try it.

I also have callousses on my heels (is that what they mean by "heel spurs"???). I have a callous remover and I file, but they jes' keep comin' back.... HEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Dre---

LOL No, Dre that's not what is called heel spurs or plantar fasciitis which is the correct term. I think what you have are just callouses. Dude, keep filing. LOL

RIFF-RANDALL
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
re: peachfuzz
i like to use the bic twin select disposable - i use it to shave my head also and have never nicked myself
usually just a dry shave after a shower for the fuzz works for me - but if you need some lube
i'd go with a shaving oil 1 drop should cover it for the light fuzz and a bottle seems to last forever
(watch the eyebrows - i got a little carried away and took em off :( <- thats what i looked like)
they take a long time to grow back too

re: callousses
try some bag balm - works great for cracked and calloused feet

DRAYKKO
04-25-2006, 04:29 AM
when i said foot issues, i mean i hate feet. yuck. dude yo ubetter put a cheese grater to those things, they sound liek they have jungle rot! :)

A cheese grater won't help. I think I need some of Saddams WMD's! :P

Dre---

DRAYKKO
04-25-2006, 04:31 AM
re: callousses
try some bag balm - works great for cracked and calloused feet

BAG BOMB??? (jes' kidding ;) )
Sounds great! Where do I get it!

Dre---

TheRealJLO
04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
cvs or any drug store, you can also go to walmart if that's your thing.

RIFF-RANDALL
04-27-2006, 11:34 PM
bag balm

yep yep yep
any drugstore or target/walmart type store should carry it
or check your pet store - here abouts its half the drugstore price

TheRealJLO
05-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Anyone using binders from underworks.com? Wanted some info on their service and products from people who have actually used them. Any other binder recommendations? I've only heard about those from Mango

Aiden
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I use underworks binders all the time. I've had some problems with sizing. What seems to be equivalent sizing is often really different. I have so far tried three, one of which was way to big, the other of which was a bit too big, and the last is almost too small, but works best. Generally, I would advise to tend toward the smaller sizes if you are on the cusp. Also, It might just be the size of my chest but a binder alone does not give me the right shape. I just end up with with something that is a cross between a monoboob and big pecks. So I usually use an abdominal binder as well. The abdominal binder doesn't work alone unless I combine it with at least one other binder or a tight bra, but in combination gives me a very realistic chest that is comfortable enough for day to day wear.

If I wear the one that works best for too long (more that six hours), I get major back problems though, although I think that is becuase its reletively new (only a week) and not yet stretched out. That problem is slowly becoming less and less the more I wear it.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than bandaids on the nipples or an undershirt under the binder to deal with friction on that too sensitive area?

And tell me about mango binders. How well do they work and are they comfy?

TheRealJLO
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
bandaids? so then you don't wear a sports bra under the binder?

Aiden
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM
bandaids? so then you don't wear a sports bra under the binder?
Sports bras show through. So I wear undershirts more often, but even they show through. Don't you know what I'm talking about? That bumpy line that lookes exactly like what it is even on a flat chest, ie a bra? Maybe I'm crazy, but it's really frustrating. :(

TheRealJLO
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
no i don't know what you are talking about...hence why i asked.

Urbangntlmn
05-09-2006, 05:08 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions other than bandaids on the nipples or an undershirt under the binder to deal with friction on that too sensitive area?

I find that using Gold Bond powder on the nipple area reduces the amount of friction against them when binding. It also helps with the moisture depending on how many layers you are using. If that doesn't work trying using an Ace bandage underneath of you don't wear a sports bra.

Sun
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
OK Butch's and Boys....tell me...how are you cutting your hair these days?

Does anyone go extra short for summer or are you all pretty much in the short hair category anyway?

Thinker
05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
OK Butch's and Boys....tell me...how are you cutting your hair these days?

Does anyone go extra short for summer or are you all pretty much in the short hair category anyway?

I keep it short anyway.....a little length on top so I can go messy or a little neater.

But...

I've been letting it grow a little. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. The length.....as far as how far down my neck it will go.....won't change. I'm mostly just working on the length of the different "layers" right now.

I'll probably go in on Saturday and see what my guy can do with it. I want to get it all to one length, but I don't know if I have the patience......and I *have* to keep it neat during the process.

Timely question......

Thinker

Sun
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I keep it short anyway.....a little length on top so I can go messy or a little neater.

But...

I've been letting it grow a little. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. The length.....as far as how far down my neck it will go.....won't change. I'm mostly just working on the length of the different "layers" right now.

I'll probably go in on Saturday and see what my guy can do with it. I want to get it all to one length, but I don't know if I have the patience......and I *have* to keep it neat during the process.

Timely question......

Thinker

Excellent that my timing was good! I am at the longest on top that I am going to get to. I want to take it down short tonight actually, when I see my hairstylist.