PDA

View Full Version : Hanky Code and Flagging

Hobbit
12-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Just a few questions to stir things up :)!!!!!

1. Do you think that the Hanky Code is still relevant??

2. Do you flag?

3. If so How? and Why??

Hobbit
12-03-2002, 05:38 PM
should probably answer my own post so that you do not think that I am stirring the pot just for the thrill of it!!

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I flag pink and red both left.

Daddy_Preston
12-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Heyya there,

I LOVE the hanky code... I love that you can represend what you are into *to a degree* and if you are into giving or recieving.

I think it is still relevant... now if we could ALL use the same code, not different ones... I use the Gay Boy hanky code, not the one adapted for women, I find that the unadapted one is more widely used *at leasst here in Aus*

Yes I flag, I flag alot fo colors, but chose 1 or 2 depending on my mood. using the midwest ursine (http://midwest-ursine.com/hanky.htm) index as a rule, I flag these colors regularly:

all on left : Black, Red, Hunter Green, LightBlue, Maroon, Tan, Olive,

and these ones not so often, all on Left: Fuschia, Pink, Rust, dark Pink, Charcoal, Gray, flannel, leopard, houndstooth. I have been known to sling a bootrag out of my back left pocket when looking for a bootblack, or, when in a minimalist mood, yet wanting to convey my likes, either my leather gloves in my back pocket, or a simple leather armband, on my left wrist.

I flag these to get my point across about what I like, and also they are a good conversation starter in a leather bar. (and very nice to see when someone knows what the color means when they approach you) Also the hankies come in handy as a collar or a gag for someone you meet in a bar *weg* I am proud of my kinks, and am more than willing to show the world some of them by flagging the coded colors that represent them in the hanky code.

Mister Preston (who needs more pockets, or a card with what he is into printed onto it) :)

ShadowWolf
12-03-2002, 06:53 PM
I also think flagging is a great idea and agree with Mister Preston in using the Gay Boy codes ...

That being said, I flag Black, Hunter Green and Red on the Left .. I am in to more than that, but dont flag the hankies ..

But I love Mister Preston's idea of having a card with everything Im in to on it *grin* excellent idea lol

Sir ShadowWolf

Leathergirlbella
12-03-2002, 07:33 PM
The only hanky i HAVE flagged is one that i actually made for myself... it is a hunter green hanky with lace edging (right)... to distinguish a girl looking for a Daddy vs. a boy/boi looking for a Daddy....

i also own red (right) & black (right), but have not had occasion to wear them out since the "girl" in me tends to override it all..

if i was to flag EVERYTHING on the aforementioned hanky key that i *could* flag.. hrrm let's see

black, gray, red, maroon (cutting), light pink, dark pink, purple, fuscia, hunter green (w/lace), houndstooth...(all on the right, of course)

and probably a few that aren't on that list that i'm missing

*wondering if i could just make myself a skirt with all those color hankies*

Heyoka
12-03-2002, 07:46 PM
You have my vote for the skirt, Leathergirlbella... nothing like truth in advertising....

I believe that the hanky code is still relevant, as there are still times and places when the "radar" is screaming but practical conversation is impossible. The gay guys' code seems to work quite well, it's track record speaks for itself. Too many "contemporary" codes try too hard to be clever and politically correct.

As for myself... I tend to take the minimalist approach to flagging. One or two (black, or black and red) in the left pocket usually do the trick.

On the whole, they don't make pockets on pants big enough to flag all the stuff that intrigues me...

ShadowWolf
12-03-2002, 08:03 PM
I thought Id use Mister Preston's list and go thru all of the hankies I would flag were I to have a big enough back pocket lol

I have sites to 4 lists of hankie codes and each one has its differences .. like the list Mister Preston used (and I used here also) has maroon for blood sports, whereas another list has maroon meaning menstruation ...

Here's mine:

Black, Gray, Navy Blue, Red, Maroon, Light Pink, Dark Pink, Purple, Fuschia, Hunter Green, Paisley, White Velvet, Tan, Teddy Bear, Keys in Front, Houndstooth.

Here are the different sites .. one is one I had, one is the one Mister Preston mentioned (the one I used) and the other 2 are ones my girl found for me ...

http://slippery.best.vwh.net/hankies.html

http://www.midwest-ursine.com/hanky.htm

http://www.sexuality.org/l/bdsm/hanky.html

http://www.hankycode.com/codeeng.html

I find the differences a little intriguing .. but seriously frustrating .. I wish we all had one universal list to follow .. but I guess this was if someone doesnt know what Im flagging, it can start a great conversation *smile*

Sir ShadowWolf

Daddy_Preston
12-03-2002, 08:14 PM
Heyya A/all

I had a friend of mine, that was into military play, put all the hanky colors she would flag onto the medal bar, so rather than tours of duty, it was what she was into. Was just a fantastic idea, and one I am currently putting together for my uniform.

The most hankys I have put into a pocket at one time was 3, and they were all modified, so as I didn't have a huge lump in my back pocket.

It is interesting to flag in a lesbian venue, versus a mixed gay bar.. the amount of nights I have been grabbed by a gay man, asking if I know what the colors mean, and once I explained I did, being invited to all kinds of parties...and the sly nod of someone else who is into whatever the color is. * smiles *

unfortunately there are some kinks that are unflagged... I may have to use my own ideas for those...

MisterPreston -

Hobbit
12-04-2002, 04:50 AM
Ohhh the uniform idea is GREAT!!!!

and if you were flagging bottom all you would have to do is switch the "fruit salad" to the right and put the other hardware on the left,....

Oh that just has my mind racing it is such a good idea!! Thanks Preston!!! Please pass along my thanks and compliments to the person who came up with the idea!! I know that I already have plans to go and get supplies to adorn my uniform !!!

Hurrying to the Army-Navy store after work!!!

:) Yes, a femme has to have all the accessories for her uniform fetish too!!

sunny-dayze
12-04-2002, 05:57 AM
Hi there Hobbit......got a question...

i am not to up on flagging and the terms, but is it only B/bois that flag? Well, maybe i should rephrase that...do femmes flag as well?

In the south of the USA, i don't see alot of flagging going on, so it is kind of foreign to me. My next question would be, if Ppeople are all using different codes/colors of flags, how in the world would one know what it means? This part is confusing, i could see myself going out and see one carring a pink flag and thinking one thing and it meaning another...whew.....what a mind bender..LOL...

Thanks....

sunny~dayzr(f)

Heyoka
12-04-2002, 06:45 AM
Good morning, Preston!
Great suggestion on flagging in uniform! Using a ribbon bar would make it a lot easier to clearly communicate all the various things that you're into. A lot neater than a fistful of hankies. While I usually stick with one or two actual hankies, getting the nine or so things I fancy on a regular basis (LEFT: black, red, grey, maroon, lt. pink, hunter grn., olive drab, gray flannel, leopard, tan) would be a lot easier that way.

Please pass along my thanks.

Hey there, sunny...

In my experience, flagging is not terribly common, but not unheard of in the south. I have seen more women flagging out here in New Mexico than I ever did in my years in Texas.

The many and varied hanky codes can be confusing... but, if you go about it with the right mindset, it's actually quite entertaining to be at least a little familiar wirth the more common colors and then go "people watching." It makes for some lively conversation... at least sometimes... 'cause there are times when "a hanky is just a hanky."

Once I was shown a "Christian Hanky Code" with the various colors and left/right orientations denoting one's belief in certain faiths, miracles, baptism (dunking vs. sprinkling), etc. All I could think at the time was the circus that would ensue if Christian Hanky Code wearers and Midwest Urcine Hanky Code folks all got together in the same place at the same time.

I'm sure that F/femmes who flag will be able to tell you how they prefer to do it... but I, for one, have seen many F/femmes flagging... and have often been both surprised and pleased at the cleverness and elegance with which they do it.

Leathergirlbella
12-04-2002, 04:48 PM
i'm a femme.. and i flag....

(see above post)

i obviously do not flag ALL the time but when i wear jeans or a skirt with back pockets and it is appropriate.. yes i do..and daytime at leather events does lend itself to jeans and denim-skirt wearing, as do men's leather bars which open themselves to women.

i also know a girl who kept a pink bunny rabbitin her back pocket along with her hankies i thought that was just COOL... lol

considering i feel that in some ways i "earned" my hunter green lace -- since i was TOLD to flag it by those i served at the time ...lol.. i do so with much pride.

spiderlily
12-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Christian Hankies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Learn something new every day.

Hi Heyoka, we're in NM too.

ShadowWolf
12-04-2002, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE]if Ppeople are all using different codes/colors of flags, how in the world would one know what it means? This part is confusing, i could see myself going out and see one carring a pink flag and thinking one thing and it meaning another...whew.....what a mind bender..LOL...

When in doubt ask! At the very least it is a good conversation starter *grin*

Oh, and Mister Preston ~ I NEVER would have thought to use miliaty ribbons ~ what a great idea!

Sir ShadowWolf

sunny-dayze
12-05-2002, 04:34 AM
thank You Heyoka...*smiles*

i was suprised to hear about christian hankies as well...one just never knows, do they*S

SirShadowWolf....hi there...good to see You*smiles* well i guess You're right, the obvious is to ask..lol...i think i will just have to try that*winks*

sunny~dayze(f)

R. Daryl Xager
10-27-2003, 02:14 PM
fun thread....

I have heard but not seen about the rainbow flag as a hanky
representing the VERY ODD kink of getting turned on by puking
on (top) and puked on (bottom)....does this exist??

RDX

Dombutch
10-27-2003, 04:00 PM
The hanky code has been around for a long time. One of the popular explanations was that in the gold rush days there were few women out west in the hills. The miners would still dance and of course, had to dance with each other. The one who was dancing 'the woman's role' wore a hanky to flag that.

True? I have no idea. It may be one of those quaint legends.

One that is true is that originally there were few colors to the hanky code. The basics mostly. And then along came a couple of merry pranksters. For a joke they published an outlandish hanky code. They put down the robin's egg blue type colors or the baggie to mean you were into drugs. The really big laugh of this and one totally unexpected was all of a sudden people who didn't know what the original hanky colors were started using their joke code as a real hanky code. And now? People think it has always been a hanky code of dozens of combinations.

I rarely flag.......people in a leather setting can usually tell I'm a Top after one glance. I'd rather they approach me for conversation than think I'm a menu to be read. If they do, they will find out quickly the types of things I'm into and not into. In return I will get a chance to find out about them.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

DB
Website (http://www.Dombutch.com)

ShadowWolf
10-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by R. Daryl Xager
I have heard but not seen about the rainbow flag as a hanky
representing the VERY ODD kink of getting turned on by puking
on (top) and puked on (bottom)....does this exist?? I have never heard of nor seen this ... I have 2 sites with hanky codes and vomit is on neither of them - sorry

Hanky codes 1 (http://www.midwest-ursine.com/hanky.htm)

Hanky codes 2 (http://www.sexuality.org/l/bdsm/hanky.html)

elemental
10-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Hello,

I'd like to hear the different ways that femmes are flagging - I don't often wear clothing with pockets when I'm out for the evening.

I've seen femmes make wrist wraps, but depending on the outfit they are wearing it sometimes doesn't "read" as a flag.

thanks in advance.

Leathergirlbella
10-28-2003, 01:33 AM
when wearing boots that are ankle or higher, i've found that sticking it in the top my boot works.....

King_Hatshepsut
10-28-2003, 04:35 AM
The following is what I used to flag...

Always on the left....black, grey, & hunter green...I would just have strip of each hanging out of my pocket if i had more than one..

Jared...

geekers
10-28-2003, 06:15 AM
i'm still kind of a newbie so i don't flag much. But when i do i flag geek in the right pocket. For those of you who are unfamilar with the geek flag its a simple pocket protector *big boi grin*

It all started with someone i know in the Disposable Boy Toys a drag king troup in Santa Barbara. i saw one of the Boys with a pocket protector and he told me he was flagging geek. i thought "what a great idea, geeks need lovin too" so i found a website that sold about six different kinds, bought them and handed them out to all the geeks i know and told them to "flag proud" :)

The_Lady_Snow
10-28-2003, 07:52 AM
To Me the hanky code is relevant, I like it, and am proud of the back ground it represents.. I look for it when I am out with the boi and proudly wear Mine when around leather folk..

My preferences..

Left, Black, Yellow, Magenta, Maroon, Fuschia and one that I don't know if anyone knows about.. Lacey hankey :Victorian scenes, loves to wear that one with the black... *grinz*

Snow

Medusa
10-28-2003, 08:01 AM
I thought Vomit code was a rainbow colored Hanky?

How about the dreaded BROWN hanky?

or the brown hanky with yellow polka-dots.

Yeah. For someone who likes Scat but only after eating corn.

edgeplayer
10-28-2003, 08:17 AM
I LOVE the hanky code. I go by the "leather boy scene", not the women's code. I used to work for Mr. S Leather and that's when I started to flag. I still think its dominated by mostly men, which is a bummer.

I flag on the right always: hunter green, red, blue, gray.....and one time I flagged a swirly lollipop too. I wish there was a color for little girl. I went to a leather gathering in Vegas long ago, and flagged the lollipop.....let me just say most didn't get it, Midori got it...that was great....:) She thought outside the box!

I like that it's a subtle way of saying <as one leans over at the bar exposing the hanky> "this is what I want NOW, if I'm lucky" <grin>.:[

JetBoy
10-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Medusa - You are one sick puppy! Perhaps you should flag with the puppy hanky - little bones all over it.

~ Jet
Right : Mint Green
Left : Red

The_Lady_Snow
10-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I wish there was a color for little girl. I went to a leather gathering in Vegas long ago, and flagged the lollipop.....let me just say most didn't get it, Midori got it...that was great.... She thought outside the box!

Excellent idea for the lil girl inuendo, may I suggest a "Hello Kitty" anything.. I've head the idea before...

princessakittygirl w/meow
10-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Medusa
I thought Vomit code was a rainbow colored Hanky?

How about the dreaded BROWN hanky?

or the brown hanky with yellow polka-dots.

Yeah. For someone who likes Scat but only after eating corn.

i am dying over here..im just trying to picture..:|

meows~

DScout
10-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Ewwwwwwwww...you guys are fuckin gross!!

;)
DS

Leathergirlbella
10-28-2003, 08:09 PM
the really sad/scary part is.. i know a person in real life who has that fantasy (roman showers /vomit) .... shes a major humiliatin pig....

toyboy
10-28-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Leathergirlbella
the really sad/scary part is.. i know a person in real life who has that fantasy (roman showers /vomit) .... shes a major humiliatin pig....

oh dear,
you might feel scared by other people's fantasies, but why do you feel sad about this?

toyboy

flagging black, yellow, grey, hunter-green
brown hanky hiding in the closet waiting for that special scene

Leathergirlbella
10-28-2003, 11:32 PM
the sad part is that those who posted before me were not taking it seriously.... and i know for a fact that it is a real fetish for some...

the sad part is the way people cant see anything outside their own comfort zone -- i can see it.. and i recognize it.. i fear some of it and flat out dont wanna be near some of it... but i wouldnt ever deny its existence.

toyboy
10-29-2003, 02:00 AM
dear Leathergirlbella,
thank you very much for the clarifying answer. i'm glad to hear that you respect other people's fetishes. even flagging a yellow hanky provokes lots of comments, some of them expressing disgust, interest or praise for the courage it takes to "advertise" this sexual preference.
toyboy

Ms_Vixen
10-29-2003, 02:58 AM
I hear you toyboy.

Yet it's really interesting that in the gay Leathermen's community there is a far greater acceptance of both yellow *and* brown hanky flaggers.

I wonder why that is.

youngstud
10-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Ms_Vixen

Yet it's really interesting that in the gay Leathermen's community there is a far greater acceptance of both yellow *and* brown hanky flaggers.

I wonder why that is.

i've noticed that to be true, too.

it may be easier to flag those colors in the gay leathermens' community because perhaps they have participated in those aspects of play more than others...we read it in their erotica and books, and hear of it in the clubs- i haven't seen too many gay men flagging, say, maroon. i'm sure cutting and bloodplay go on in gay male communities, as in leatherdyke communities where it's all the rage, but i think there are some things that override it. and obviously, if they're more exposed to what entails those sorts of things both first and second hand, then those who do probably won't have as much a tendency to think of those kinds of play in its' most extreme form. reading a book or talking to someone can have a long way of educating someone.

i think one reason why there's more acceptance of yellow and brown in the gay mens' community has a lot to do with the psychology of men. there is much to be said about how men view themselves, especially in relation to other men. you've got that "boys are disgusting," "boys will be boys" theme (which i'm sure all of us have heard in our lives), and boys grow into men, and they think it's funny and pride themselves on the fact that they think they can be really gross and disgusting. now, put a bunch of gay leathermen together and you have that applied psychology multiplied by quite a bit. plus, if they're involved in bar cultures, if the same crowd keeps flocking to the same place, people will get to know each other enough to be able to reach a level where it feels comfortable to flag that and i'm sure that can develop into having no qualms about it at all in the right places. urban aboriginals is a book that has more info on this than i can speak of, really, so that'd be a good source to look into- the full book isn't about yellow and brown but there are specific chapters devoted to those areas of play.

i've come across a few gay men who've flagged brown and yellow at the same time. thanks to reading mains' book, i had a much better idea of what flagging brown and yellow was, or could be, about.

i usually go with flagging black, though if the opportunity presents itself, i'll flag yellow with a compatible individual and brown in a negotiated context.

-ys

PaphigleoButch
10-29-2003, 06:55 AM
Ok, I have not flagged before, but have known of the hanky code for some time... if we are to go by the Ursine list here are my hankies if I were to flag:

All are left:
Light Blue
Robin's Egg Blue
Navy Blue
Red
Light Pink
Fuscia
Hunter Green
Gray Flannel
Paisley
White Velvet
Tan
Teddy Bear

Houndstooth (left and right)

spiderlily
10-29-2003, 03:54 PM
You know, I just realized that a lot of people are saying that orange on the right means just cruising.

WARNING: Where I come from, and what I've known as the code for at least 20 years, is that orange on the right means anyone, anything, anytime. And I've known that to be taken advantage of, on the spot, by lesbians, who asked, "Do you know what that hanky means?" When the woman answered, "Yes," it was taken by all present as consent.

Please consider your boundaries and be explicit in how you express them if you're planning on flagging orange on the right.

An orange hanky presented to one's top, however, I've always understood to mean full submission to the will of that top. In that format it is a very high honor.

quietstrrm
10-29-2003, 05:10 PM
The most memorable "flag" i've ever seen was a long thin black strap hanging out of a butch pocket that made my knees so weak i was scared to approach her..lol...it was a vanilla bar and at the time i wasn't in the lifestyle, however i frequently don't remember what all the colors mean except the obvious ones and have to refer to someone else's memory or just ask, which can be a wonderful conversation starter

Sherry

LadySnows_dedicant
10-29-2003, 06:10 PM
when Miss allows, i proudly flag on the right black and yellow - folded and presented with precision.

i too spiderlily have heard the same of orange - i only know it as 'anything goes'

- cru, House of Snow

p.s: only You Miss, would think of a hello kitty hanky...shakes my head ever so slightly and smiles.

gayla
10-30-2003, 01:22 AM
I had never really put much thought into orange-left until one fateful weekend in Chicago. My poor friend Eric was out to do anything to anyone and couldn't understand why no one would speak to him. By the time someone was kind enough to enlighten him, he only had a few hours before his flight home!

I regularly flag black, navy blue and red left. That covers the basics and is usually enough advertising to get the conversation started. On occasion I'll toss in yellow/left also.

I've seen several girls pin small pieces of hankies to skirts and blouses. I've also seen hankies hanging outta the top of boots, top of thigh highs, outta garters and once wrapped around a barette.

Gayla

DsShawnBoi
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Ms_Vixen
I hear you toyboy.

I wonder why that is.

hmmm i never really stopped to think about the why :) I just proudly flagged yellow hankey on the right ever since i earned it. I know there's a way one is "supposed" to fold it and wear it in the pocket. I've had it offered to explain to me how to do so "properly" the problem with that is if i listen and follow that way of doing it, no one would EVER see it... unless it was on my way into the car since i SIT in a wheelchair *chuckles* people don't seem to think of that so i just smile politely and say thank you sure show me what the proper way is. I let people show me what they want, then i sometimes point out that if i did that, tehy never would have noticed the hankey in the first place... depending on the relationship. Some people i just thank and move on, some i joke with :) Either way... i've never had anyone expres disgust at my choice to flag yellow to the right.

All my hankies could technically be worn on the left as i learn how to do pretty much everything that's done to me... and often do it more than it gets done to me... but i can do pretty much whatever topping i want at home with my bois. So when i flag, i flag on the right so that people can know i'm hopin to meet a top.

I tend to flag yellow and hunter green on the right pretty consistantly. I used to flag navy blue and less people knew what it was... but someone who did really hurt me and i since have stopped flagging it since it's something i'd only do after much relationship building anyway.

It recently was pointed out to me in a dungeon that doesn't allow water sports that i should not have worn my yellow hankey there. I said hmmm i'll ask a DM their advice thank you, but my feeling on it was and still is, i can always go home to fulfill that lovely activity or do it another time ty ;) It's probably one of the least .... ummm not sure how to say this. One of the things i get taken up on my offer of the least often. I do know talking about it sometimes squicks people... but i'm a golden boy and proud of it. The first woman who brought this out in me took her good slow time turning it from a squick to a total erotic turn on. Now i practically would beg for the chance ta live out some of my golden boy fantasies :) She's very proud of the kinky little deviant golden boy she helped bring out in me. I still don't understand why more people dont' find this as hot in the lesbian community as so many gay men do... but i've been told often i play like a man so ... that doesn't surprise me.

Tho thank the goddess someone who knew what it meant hit on me majorly at SAMPLER and we had a really rawkin talk in the hottub that sent some <yes even some of the gay boys> squirmin off to another corner *chuckles* And i've been forwarned that the woman has corraled several women to assist her at OCLA Sampler next year *grins* YAY this year we didn't have a wading pool or the time to make it happen, so it's exciting that something is in the works. I was told "You won't know where, you won't know when, but at some point ... probably at the begining of Sampler before you get tired, you will be pulled out of that wheelchair tossed where we want ya and surrounded by women who will proceed to annoint you in welcome to Sampler"

wooooooohooooooo! One happy boi :) that hankey may be worth it yet ;)

Houndstooth is the hankey i'd most like to own next, but i don't know what one looks like to get it. I wouldn't recognize it on a top... which is sad cuz i really like bein bitten *sigh*

Shawn

offroadbutch
11-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Shawn-I remeber seeing your hankys at the Vegas Bash....I do like how they were tied on the right behind your seat in the chair. Interesting way of flagging when you are in the chair. (y) to ya!!

DsShawnBoi
11-04-2003, 08:23 PM
*blushin smile* Thanks dude. Works sometimes :) Tho i'd really like ta hot glue a pocket on the back of my chair and stick the hankies in that... been thinkin about that a lot lately.

Narayanna
11-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Hmm...SO I went through this site : http://www.midwest-ursine.com/hanky.htm

And I compiled my lists.. I laughed at myself because I thought, honestly, that there would be a lot more. But I noticed that even though I enjoy time with someone for ther colored hankies... they are simply not things that I *looks for*. So w/o further adeu.. the list:

Left

Black (when In a certain mood only of course)
Gray
Navy Blue
Red
Maroon
Fuscha
HunterGreen
Light Pink
Red/White Stripped
White Velvet
Black/White Check
Brown Corduroy
Black Velvet
Teddy Bear
Mosquito Netting
Houndstooth

Right

Navy Blue
Red
Light Pink
Hunter Green
Red/White Stripped
Paisley
Brown Corduoy
Black/White Check
White Velvet
Leopard
Teddy Bear
Mosquito Netting
Houndstooth

and I really like the idea of the Hello Kitty one.. that would go on both sides... but hanging out of the left a lot, I think, and just peekin slightly out the right.

How boring, eh?

Eve
11-05-2003, 12:04 AM
EdgeyPrincess , anyone who couldn't see that you ARE a little grrl from a mile away, hanky or no, is a foolio. Come on! The pigtails, the glitter, the sass! ;)

Geekers I LOVE that Roman's "geek flag" is being brought to the world. Wahoo! Don't forget, you can add mechanical pencils or fine line ink pens (though I can't remember their meanings ... engineer vs. literary geek?).

Right: red, hunter green, light blue

Left: mint green, houndstooth (DS, this pattern is black and white -- usually -- and looks like jagged-y checkers), navy blue, and sometimes black

I flag in my boot, in my garter, in my waistband, and on my (leather) jacket. Femme's DO have it rougher (ha!) in terms of flagging, Stelladammit!

~Eve

DsShawnBoi
11-05-2003, 07:38 AM
i like Tristan Taoromino's idea of wearin a mint green hankey she sells em on her site... she also sells puppy hankies :)

www.puckerup.com

mint green like the mint chip ice cream yer mommy usta buy ya. I wear hunter green on the right cuz i'm a lost boy... like peter pan's lost boys n i look for mint green on the left but really i almost always can spot the mommies a mile away *grins*

Shawn

Originally posted by Narayanna
Hmm...SO I went through this site : http://www.midwest-ursine.com/hanky.htm

And I compiled my lists.. I laughed at myself because I thought, honestly, that there would be a lot more. But I noticed that even though I enjoy time with someone for ther colored hankies... they are simply not things that I *looks for*. So w/o further adeu.. the list:

Left

Black (when In a certain mood only of course)
Gray
Navy Blue
Red
Maroon
Fuscha
HunterGreen
Light Pink
Red/White Stripped
White Velvet
Black/White Check
Brown Corduroy
Black Velvet
Teddy Bear
Mosquito Netting
Houndstooth

Right

Navy Blue
Red
Light Pink
Hunter Green
Red/White Stripped
Paisley
Brown Corduoy
Black/White Check
White Velvet
Leopard
Teddy Bear
Mosquito Netting
Houndstooth

and I really like the idea of the Hello Kitty one.. that would go on both sides... but hanging out of the left a lot, I think, and just peekin slightly out the right.

How boring, eh?

Narayanna
11-05-2003, 07:40 AM
You can spot the Mommies a mile away, eh? *smiles*

Do they have like a huge sim's diamond blinking above thier head? Please tell.. ;)

DsShawnBoi
11-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Eve

Geekers I LOVE that Roman's "geek flag" is being brought to the world. Wahoo! Don't forget, you can add mechanical pencils or fine line ink pens (though I can't remember their meanings ... engineer vs. literary geek?).

Right: red, hunter green, light blue

Left: mint green, houndstooth (DS, this pattern is black and white -- usually -- and looks like jagged-y checkers), navy blue, and sometimes black

I flag in my boot, in my garter, in my waistband, and on my (leather) jacket. Femme's DO have it rougher (ha!) in terms of flagging, Stelladammit!

~Eve
*blushin* and we love how u flag... looks so sexy *blushin* Somethin about a femme who flags... i dunno.
thanks for explainin houndstooth i'll keep my eye out for it :) only time i saw it was in a bar and i thought it was black and white checked and said isn't that body punchin? Got it explained... but he liked body punchin and it was his b.day so.. hee ummm i got ta punch a really hot gay guy and watch him melt after a buncha leathermen had been makin him cuss it was fun :D I know they were enjoying making him cuss, but i enjoyed makin him beg for more ... wait i'm off topic.

hankies...sorry ummmm where were we?

back to yer regularly scheduled programing

Shawn

The_Lady_Snow
11-05-2003, 08:06 AM
anyone who couldn't see that you ARE a little grrl from a mile away, hanky or no, is a foolio. Come on! The pigtails, the glitter, the sass!

Sometimes little grrls reside deep withing, so a peek or a hint may let some Daddi know She is there.. Hell I am not ashamed to say even I once in a while need a strong Daddi hand...

Leesa
11-06-2003, 07:55 AM
So glad that I found this thread!!!! Been looking for ages to find a good list to use for hankies. The bar where I work is having a fetish night complete with hankies. (b)

You guys are awesome.

I am afraid I would need a briefcase to include all the hankies that apply though. Have to pick top 2

Leesa
11-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Excuse my naivete but what does mint green specify?

My list:

Sorry rather extensive (y)

Left

Black
Gray
Robin's Egg Blue
Red
Light Pink
Dark Pink
Fucchia
Hunter Green
Gray flannel
Red/White Strip
Paisely
White Velvet
Tan
Houndstooth

Right

Red (with Partner only)
Light Pink (Partner Only--negotiated)
Lavender (Drag King)
Leopard
Teddy Bear
Houndstooth (Negotiated)

DsShawnBoi
11-06-2003, 10:36 AM
ok so if mint green is mommy on the left, is it girl on the right or just lookin for a mommy?

Shawn

Leathergirlbella
11-06-2003, 11:50 AM
i would consider mint green on the right to be looking for a mommy... the reason i say this is because i flag "girl" by flagging hunter green with lace edging on the right- because i am into Daddies, not Mommies.

DsShawnBoi
11-06-2003, 11:53 AM
*giggles* i know what i'll do, i'll get a mint green hankey and put a piture of my toy truck on it *giggles* oh wait i broke that... well i'll fidure somethin out :P

Eve
11-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Mint green (to my understanding) is Mommy or looking for Mommy. Hunter green (to my understanding) is Daddy or looking for Daddy.

I think the mods Bella does to specify her "grrlness" vs. an often-assumed "boyness" when flaggin' for Daddy is coolio! I'm for it. But I think the (where I am, in spaces I've been, and according to my experience ... thus limited) general rule is with the mint and hunter flags one is either flagging that one IS that ID or one is LOOKING for that ID. I wish they had a "grrl" and "boy/boi" flag. I think part of the reason there's not a (commonly known) one is that flagging does come out of the gay male communities, and so the assumption is that if one is looking for a Daddy one is a boy ... no need to flag it. Mint green is a new flag, and one that Tristan started (as such) as far as I can tell. She did extensive research on flagging and hanky codes in order to find one that was in the green family but wasn't taken (and it's still sometimes mistaken for foodie/platter).

~Eve (again, this is just from my experience in US Leather communities on the East and West coasts, I don't have any definitive answers or anything)

Leesa
11-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Holy cow is that Tristan hot!!!!! :o Reminds me why I am a butch.

Would flag ANYTHING she wanted me to ;)

Sorry couldn't control myself didn't mean to derail the thread.

DsShawnBoi
11-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Ya know... since i'm Daddy to my 2 bois, i suppose i could move the hunter green hanky over to the left and tie a mint green one on the right.

Hey since we're talkin about flaggin... ok

SO ya see a person flaggin and ya like em and ya even may know em more than just from seein em now and then... you think it would be fun to give a tug on that hankey and see if she even notices someone tugged on it... but you think then again it might be considered rude and ya don't know the rules.

What exactly are the rules about flaggin? If ya gave a lil tug on a Mommy hankey and it fell outa a boot you'd be sittin there with a mommy hankey in yer hand and that just sounds scary unless She handed it over to ya. Ya know? I'm thinkin.... the gimp can't run and doesn't tend ta brat so .... not a good time to test out theories i'd rather know ahead of time.
So.... what's acceptalbe behavior when it comes to hankies. If someone touches yer hankies without permission is that the same as grabbin yer ass without permission? Or is it more like tuggin on yer sleeve like hello? I'm down here ain't i cute? *big cute smile n big puppy dog eyes*

help a guy out here :)

Shawn

Leesa
11-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Not sure on protocol myself. I wouldn't want to dislodge a mommy's hanky though trust me it probably took her 3 hours to make it look just right and as the saying goes

"Hell hath no fury like....." you can fill in the blank just fine :)

I think that it could be done if done with the right amount of accompanying charisma and depending on what the hankies color is too.

BTW i wasn't exactly subtle or politically correct with my grrl when I first met her. She was flirting with me and bet me I couln't guess what size her bra was.

My response: Can I touch?

"Sure, but nothing weird!"

I then proceeded to put my hands on her tits in a crowded bar and said 38 C in her ear. You should have seen the look on her face. Dead ON!!! (y)

Her Response: How did you know that

Answer: My hands are a 38C

Her Response: (Giggle) Don't want to know how many sets of tits you have had to touch in your life to figure that out (d)

Not exactly following protocol but it worked I am still with her 4 years later (l)

DsShawnBoi
11-07-2003, 10:01 AM
giggles u go bro! i'm way too shy for that. I know... people crack up when i say i'm shy but it's true... i babble when i get nervous so i'll talk yer ear off if ya let me, but when it comes to touchin... you practically have to drag me over... and some women have *swoon*

Shawn

Leesa
11-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Bradardo I do not lack that is for sure. I can be shy as well despite what I wrote... it was just really clear that she wanted me as bad as I wanted her and there was like instant easiness there.

I am definitely an extrovert though and a horny one at that ;)

Kyssme
04-01-2004, 05:33 AM
I've been looking for a way to flag for a while now......I just can't always go out with hankies that don't match my outfit hanging out of pockets that my outfit probably doesn't have!!!

Last week at ladies night, I tried ribbons.....I bought about a yard of each of the colors I wanted that night and tied them together in a pretty bow to the right shoulder strap of my dress on the back.

It wasn't a complete success......hardly anyone noticed- but in general, these women wouldn't notice traditional flagging either. A few people asked what the ribbons were for.....I took the oportunity to give them a brief tutorial......LOL! A couple of the girls are facsinated by the whole idea.

Still, I thought my ribbons were a good idea. It's been said many times, it's difficult for Femmes to flag sometimes. I considered braiding them into a bracelet or an armband, too......

Someone told me last night that colored jelly bracelets are beginning to be used for flagging- not a bad idea!

The_Lady_Snow
04-01-2004, 05:05 PM
I like to flag when I wear skirts, and My boots, like someone previously stated as well..

I don't care if the yellow on the left of My boot does not match My pink shirt...

It's My code, it's My tradition and I am damn right proud of it..

*g*

DsShawnBoi
04-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Kyssme
Still, I thought my ribbons were a good idea. It's been said many times, it's difficult for Femmes to flag sometimes. I considered braiding them into a bracelet or an armband, too......

Someone told me last night that colored jelly bracelets are beginning to be used for flagging- not a bad idea!
I'm all for flagging... but i must be getting old, hankies are tieable anywhere if it's a fashion statement you're making... well i'm not a femme but it just pushes buttons these days for me to see history falling through the cracks.

I flag with hankies, Ma'am flags with hankies and heck I wasn't even sure about a mint green hankey because it's a new color as there never was a flag for Mommy... but i gave it to her, because she's my mommy and i'm proud of that and like seein her flag Mommy it makes me feel good :) But it's a HANKEY not a ribbon, or a bracelet.

I do take the colors into other things... for example my family colors are purple and red...and part of that is because of the bloodsports and fisting we do in my family....i'm a sadist, i like piercing and i'm a boy who loves to fist femmes or my bois... so i wear a red hankey.

I would probably ignore jelly bracelets thinking they were fashion and miss out on what someone was trying to flag...because there was no hankey hangin off em. Besides which, i'm gettin old at 32 apparently and i'm gettin to a place where i really want to learn and support history and tradition.

OK off my soap box now...

Shawn
IPT2003@3bois.com

PLEASE help fund cancer research by making a donations directly to St Baldrick's at http://www.stbaldricks.org/ShaveePhoto.asp?SolNumber=15315716
or by making a donation thru paypal to shaveshawnshead@yahoo.com
Feel free to pass it on! (to read more about why i'm doin this visit www.3bois.com)

The_Lady_Snow
04-01-2004, 05:33 PM
are them jelly bracelets them things sold at "Hot Topic"

not sure here hence My question..

If so, hell My kid wears them on the left so I would do what Shawn does take it as a fashion thingy..

Yays for those "elders" who still wear the hanky and give a rats ass about what "Cosmo" says is a "don't in fashion"

I am not sadistic for fashioneable purposes, it is for My own selfish, dominant, twisted need...

cuddlinleo
04-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Hobbit
should probably answer my own post so that you do not think that I am stirring the pot just for the thrill of it!!

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I flag pink and red both left.

ok, forgive me for sounding dumb. i am aware of flagging and know why it is done. But my question is how do i find out what the colors mean if i want to know what the other person is flagging and if i flag, which will be up to my Domme, how do i know what is appropriate and that i'm flagging the right colors? Does this make sense?

cuddlinleo

ShadowWolf
04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
I used to have 3 links on hanky codes, but 2 of them have gone away, so I only have 1 now: hanky codes (http://www.sexuality.org/l/bdsm/hanky.html) - and you dont sound dumb - at least you asked, right?

And Shawn - you are Sooo not old, brother!

LOL

leiza
04-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Mister Preston,

You mentioned a leather armband on your left wrist. I met a butch the other day who was wearing a black leather cat collar on hys left wrist. I was curious what wearing leather on the left wrist signifies or if it even does signify anything.

Originally posted by Daddy_Preston

" or, when in a minimalist mood, yet wanting to convey my likes, either my leather gloves in my back pocket, or a simple leather armband, on my left wrist. "

[/B]

RopeBurner
04-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Flags left: black, grey and red.

Rope--

My guess would be that the leather armband is flagging black (sadist) top if it's on the left.

DsShawnBoi
04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
In my training, an armband on the left signifies top, on the right signifies bottom, and on both signifies slut...er no switch ;)

I have a permanent boy armband being made for my right arm. It's first part is done, that's the tattoo of a celtic knot designed by Pat Fish that means boy/man/sage and that goes on my right arm, and later there will be a tribal wings of fire armband created behind it by the same guy who did the ink :)

I have a tattoo that's being designed for my left arm too, which a yin yang symbol in purple and red with puppy paws instead of dots in teh center, along with some steel hooks and that represents my pup and trainer self, and my spirituality all in one... and i think those will go on my left arm.

Sort of permanent flagging too since i'm so into piercing, puppy play and fisting as a top lol

Shawn

leiza
04-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the information. I thought it probably meant a Top but I wasn't sure and could not find any information about leather only hankies.

Those sound like beautiful tattoes, Shawn.

ButchOhio
04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I LOVE the Hanky Code (and the uniform idea as well). Some of the ideas that ya'll have put out there for your own interests (the self-made hankies) are great.

I've seen something about the rainbow hanky - Somewhere it said (L) Transgender or (R) Looking for a Transgender. Has anybody else seen this?

The_Lady_Snow
04-08-2004, 07:21 PM
:s

Only thing I know of rainbow hankies is that they stand for

vomit scenes...

caroline_8
04-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by The_Lady_Snow
I like to flag when I wear skirts, and My boots, like someone previously stated as well..

I don't care if the yellow on the left of My boot does not match My pink shirt...

It's My code, it's My tradition and I am damn right proud of it..

*g*

The_Lady_Snow,

Good answer! It's good to know that there are Femmes out there flagging. The most experience I've had with this is at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival.

I had a friend who send me a Hello Kitty hanky to flag with.

Is there one for "Princess?" :)

Caroline

The_Lady_Snow
04-08-2004, 07:35 PM
If I was a lil girl I would use it for the search of a Daddy type..

The Hello Kitty that is..

not that is what it stands for, but since it is a lil girl thing,,

*shrugs*

Kyssme
05-16-2004, 08:31 AM
You know what I think would be handy?? Is there a color for 'stone'??

Dreidl
05-16-2004, 08:23 PM
How about a rock or piece of concrete visibly displayed? Suzanne Vega's (or Daniel and Goliath's) Rock In This Pocket?

I think any code that requires a printed guide, a flashlight, and a color-matching system is too complicated to be usable. Can *you* tell the difference between peach and orange in a dark bar? I can't.

I have always operated on the idea that the hankies, accessories, or fancy drag are all invitations to negotiate what is possible, not detail my entire sexual history to uninterested strangers. TMI!

If signals are invitations for more personalized encounters, then a novice to any activity or total novice, is welcome to wear whatever they find helpful in attracting the experience they want. The idea of *earning* hankies is a dyke one. It's sure cheaper than earning leathers.

Kyssme
05-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Point taken......

BUT!

Whether or not someone is Stone is not something you want to be surprised with! That's the kind of thing it would be nice to know up front.

Dreidl
05-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Again, I say - ask. Keep in mind that everyone's individual definitions of "stone" differ; that any symbol not universal, is only a private code; and that people may chose quite different interactions depending on the timing and the partner(s) involved. I don't even want to speculate on the level of symbolic detail required for all the different stone combinations.

I'm guessing here, but IME gay men, the originators of this visible erotic code, use the symbols as *inclusion* points for contact. As in, hmm, "He does that, but I wonder if he also does this other thing I like." And that dykes use these codes to *exclude* people they think won't work. The thought might be "She's into x, and I'm into y, so there's no point even contacting her." Of course, the outcome is, the success rate (contacts:boffing) for gay men is lower than for dykes. BUT, since the guys make many more attempts, they have higher actual numbers of folks they get it on with.

I'd love to hear I am wrong, wrong, wrong on that guess. But last night at work I watched a average looking guy with a red hanky/right get approached by 4 or 5 other guys, none of whom had red bandannas in their left pockets (if they had any; it was jockstrap night). He apparently left with at least one of them. I haven't seen the same situation at dyke play events. (Though I'd love if 4 or 5 people approached me!)

So, if you think someone's hot, or into what you're into, ask. I find if the attraction is present, imagination will find mutual pleasures. And if the attraction isn't present, a perfect matchup of described activities still won't work. YMMV.

ida-taters
05-22-2004, 01:38 PM
joke that was the thing from Alice in Wonderland but ya'll knew this ...Hi all........ a bit confused so maybe the Butch/Daddi's can help me out and the femme sistahs as well. I mentioned help from the Butches first just Submissive training dictates asking Dom for help first and always foremost...........
I just want to know more so if there is anything that you would take time to share with me about flaggin and all......... and what ever else you feel like sharing I would greatly appreciate the proper education of these matters
Thank you
cutequeerfemme
missing her
Daddi

Daddy Bob
05-22-2004, 01:42 PM
1. YES
2. YES

I go for gay menīs hanky codes aswell

What do I flag....

Left:
Black
Red
Hunter green
Light Blue

Both Sides:
Yellow

And then there are the hanky colours I havent bought yet, but would like to flag.....

here are a few...

Left:
Purple
Olive drab
fur
leopart
HOUNDSTOOTH

Right:
Red/black stribe

Both Sides:
Teddy Bear
Maroon (Cuts and bleed)
Beige
Black/White Check

..... hope I got the all right....

But it all depends on the mood..... *grins*

SpinxxieFairy
05-22-2004, 11:16 PM
I don't flag too often.. where to put them.. but when I do:
both sides:
Black
Grey
Maroon
Red
Fuschia

Left:
Mint Green
and above mentioned

right:
purple
light blue
mustard
Hunter Green
red/black stripe
houndstooth

it is very confusing.. but mostly I have worn black, maroon, red and huntergreen..
I love them Daddies..

Spinxxie The Pervin Fairy

Left-Coast Virago
06-10-2004, 04:37 AM
i think the hanky code is relevant, however i feel that the various different codes that have i have witnessed offer much confusion.
i prefer the more common leatherman version as that is is the forerunner of the more modern ones.

i have wonderfully earned a huntergreen bandana that i wear with pride as that it was iven to me by my first Daddy.

as to other colours, it depends on what i am looking for at that moment, or what my Daddy wants me to represent at that given time (if i am under contract, which at this time i am not, and am not looking)

DsShawnBoi
06-10-2004, 08:13 AM
THat's very much how i feel about it too Behr. I recently was given my Mommy's boi hanky, and i was not given it on a whim just because she saw one for sale, it was given to her, and then she held onto it until we'd spent enough Mommy/boy time together that she felt i'd earned it. Made it all the more special. Most of my hankies were earned after a particular scene as well which sort of burns them into my mind LOL and makes them each very special. :)

*proudly waving my mint green hanky*

Lady Rhiannon's boy,
Shawn

lilpepagirl
06-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Hello,

I'd like to hear the different ways that femmes are flagging - I don't often wear clothing with pockets when I'm out for the evening.

I've seen femmes make wrist wraps, but depending on the outfit they are wearing it sometimes doesn't "read" as a flag.

thanks in advance.

Hi, one of my old domme's came up with a slightly more feminine way of flagging. Inside my scene wear I have a strip of velcro. I attched velcro to award ribbons which hang down my back. I always flag purple (piercing), I used to flag black always as well, but stopped when my health started going down hill, cant take what I used to. I always flag red (fistee). Depending on who I am with light pink and/or light blue (dildo fuckee/cocksucker respectively). Depending on Sex/Gender. They are also removeable which makes it fun to play spin the submissive. Naturally, these are most of the time n the right. Except the red as I LOVE to fist.

Sir_Packin
07-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I have flagged on a regular basis for close to 5 years now. A majority of the BDSM people that I associate with are pansexual, and many do not know what the colors signify, but I flag for Myself more tan anything. Just as a tattoo or a piercing can be "Self Expression" for many, so are the hankies to Me. I do flag many of the traditional hankies, but I have also gotten creative as well, to "express" My individuality. For instance, most of the "traditional" guides do not have a hankie for fire play, so I flag a hankie with flames on it. I have not come across a guide with a listing for electrical play, so I am on the look out for a hankie with lightening bolts.

Like I said, I do it for Me. I may not wear Mine in the more "common" manner, I may not flag ONLY the traditional hankies, but I feel fine in doing it how, when and wear I do flag.

Sir Packin

Leesa
07-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Sir Packin,

I thought I was aware of most of the how shall we say, "fring" elements of BDSM but I have never heard of fire play or electrical play. Can't say that the electrical one does much for me but the fire one "sparked" something in me ;) Can you give me an idea of what is exactly involved although I think I have a good idea

Sir_Packin
07-13-2004, 05:19 PM
*****Warning: The following practices should ONLY be attempted by those who have been trained thoroughly. This should not be attempted by those who have no experience, nor they should be attempted unless you have someone else nearby who ALSO has been trained in the activity, and who has first aid knowledge!!!*****

Hello, Leesa (h)

Electrical play and fire play are two activities that commonly fall into the "edge play" category.

Electrical play can include a tens unit, a violet wand, or an electric fly swatter, among others. I do not personally use a tens unit for many reasons. I do have and use the fly swatter on occasion, though the wench won't come near Me if I have it in My hand. We do have a violet wand with attachments, and I have been using it for almost 2 years now. I have studied and researched it, and have done a few work shops and demonstrations on the safety, use and fun of the violet wand.
Unlike the tens unit, the violet wand does not go into the muscle tissue or organs. It can range from mild and tickling on a low setting, to somewhat prickly and intense on a higher setting. My personal favorite is the contact pad......when worn on the submissive, it turns their body into a conductor. With the pad on them, anything metal I use to touch their body with they can now feel, and it is intensified. A simple pizza cutter can feel like a razor blade on their skin, depending on the level of the wand. A simple dental pick can feel like a scalpel slicing a design into your flesh.

Also with the wand, you can do temporary "brandings". Take a piece of cardboard, cut out a design, letter, or number. Tape the cardboard to the desired area, and run the wand over the "cut out" part of the cardboard.....The skin will turn a bright pink. It essentially becomes like a sunburn, and can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

Fireplay can also be practiced a few different ways. The way I have learned and practiced is fire torching, and fire cupping.
The way I usually do fire cupping is on My wench's breasts. A small glass cup, a bit of alcohol and a lighter can cause a suction on the nipple/breast that is amazing. You wouldn't think a nipple can get that big! lol
My favorite method of fire play thusfar is fire torching. I use both longer torches, and finger torches. Watching the low blue flames running across My wench's back is a major turn on for Me. I have not had the chances to practice fireplay as much as I have the violet wand, but I try to as often as I can.

And then there is blood sports........Ahhhhhhhh, My favorite. lol Nothing like needles on flesh.

I hope this helped you out a bit, Leesa!

Sir Packin

gringuita13
07-13-2004, 05:52 PM
I am into alot of things and will usually follow along unless it is something I know that I am just not into...but if it's my choice call me a traditionalist of sorts or a fan of the 3 F's (Flogging and Fisting and Fucking... Oh my!)

grin
flagging black, red, and pink...on my right :)

ilovedachs
07-19-2004, 03:27 PM
my girl came up wiht whereing lolita heart sunglasses as little girl looking for daddy. i love the hanky code just wish more people new it.

Rahpup
07-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Sir Packin,

Can you explain more about the tens units? I'm new on the scene,
but have been thinking about them (I have 2) since I heard about
electical play. I know that I'm not ready to use them yet, but I'd still
like to know.

Sorry, not attemping to derail the hankie thread.

Sir_Packin
07-20-2004, 03:18 PM
I wish I could help you out Rah, but I have very little knowledge and experience with them. I know enough to know that *I* personally don't have any interest in using them.

ozmel8
07-20-2004, 03:54 PM
I've never flagged, although I knew about it. I dunno why, but the idea of ME flagging seems silly to me...although I'm all for the entertainment of trying to guess what others flags mean.

I was gonna say there prolly isn't a flag for my favorite thing anyway, but I went to look at the list and there is...woohoo!

Me thinks I need to go make a houndstooth skirt :D

teehee

Looking at the list, dang...I'd have far too many flags hanging out all over the place, however would I sit down???

deviousdevlgrlgrl
07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
I Found out about flagging in the Whole lesbian sex book..wich my ex girlfreind and I bought to laugh at...(interestingly enough one of us learned alot from that book...but i wont say who)
I dont have any place i could flag at..there are no lesbian clubs where im from..and only one gay club..that i go to, that mostly dominated by men..i havent seen anyone ever flagging there...I think its neat..but how do you flag many interests..or do you just pick your favorites and its like an ice breaker?

SpinxxieFairy
07-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Hmmmm.. I wonder if they will come up for a flag for Mommies.. guess I could do Hunter Green... lol... or wondering if a toy in the back pocket would work? heheh

Spinxxie*TheMomma*Fairy

Satan
07-20-2004, 11:19 PM
(quietly taking notes and sending them to friends)

we've had disagreements regarding whether or not X color means Y

thank you for starting this thread and the links. I think some of us will be sporting a few of these soon. ;)

The_Lady_Snow
07-21-2004, 08:15 AM
I Found out about flagging in the Whole lesbian sex book..wich my ex girlfreind and I bought to laugh at...(interestingly enough one of us learned alot from that book...but i wont say who)
I dont have any place i could flag at..there are no lesbian clubs where im from..and only one gay club..that i go to, that mostly dominated by men..i havent seen anyone ever flagging there...I think its neat..but how do you flag many interests..or do you just pick your favorites and its like an ice breaker?

Hence why I flag black, it's always been my preference, and it explains it all in one nice lil hanky..

Snow

SilverVictorian
08-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Just curious wasn't the hanky color for liking Tattoos Leopard spotted? I ask because look as hard as i have i have never seen one.

Scarlette

Leesa
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
In my experience this is a very individualized thing. I personally flag one color more commonly than others and that is black but I have also been in different settings and flagged another of my ummm interests as I was looking for something different than the usual.

One of the others here also mentioned a unique way around this for hyr. She created a rainbow of her colours into one hanky that could be displayed.

Hobbit
08-11-2004, 05:09 AM
I must say I had a good chuckle this weekend. I went to the gathering for "LeatherGirls & Those that Love them", and got an inner chuckle at the conversation about the complexity of flagging when you are a LeatherGirl. There was a huge nod of agreement that there was some issue with flagging when you don't have pockets.... And in a few moments of brainstorming there were suggestions on everything from the color of the barretts to those little rubber bracelets..... All suggestions that had merit....

I have two questions....
Any Leathergirls here found Surefire ways of flagging???

Any Tops here who would or would NOT notice things like the color of hair barretts or the like??

Have a good one
Jaime AKA Hobbit

DsShawnBoi
08-11-2004, 09:29 AM
I probably wouldn't notice barrets or those rubber bracelets unless someone told me that was their style of flagging. If however someone wears an outfit that is in the color scheme of flagging, i often catch onto that. Like little girls in Daddy green sweatshirt/jacket with a picture of their favorite cartoon character on it.... A purple skirt in the obviously piercing shade of purple... i notice those things and ask. Tight Red t-shirts also catch my attention and make me wonder. Problem with such things of course is you can't ALWAYS be sure what the person is flagging since it's not on the right or left. Works well for me since i'm a switch... lol i wear my tigger sweatshirt in Daddyboy green and i'm perfectly happy with that ;)

Personally i've always found it cute when a girl ties a hanky to her purse and carries her purse on the right. Or super sexy when a girl finds or sews a pocket onto an outfit and tucks a washed, ironed and folded hankey into it, OMG WOOF! Or even a girl who is wearing a sexy lil tight tshirt with sexy jeans and flags just like anyone else in her jeans pocket.... and i've even seen hankies tied onto the wrist of a girl. Too many at one time looks *wrinkly nose* not quite right, but one hankey tied cutely on the wrist makes the Daddy in me perk up.

Very curious how others answer your question.

Shawn

ilovedachs
08-11-2004, 10:43 AM
i think hair barettes are agrate way for a girl to flag but my favroite little girl flag is lolita heart sun glasses for little girl looking for daddy, ;) i have also seen grrrls with hankys hanging out of the respective boot, or tied on the ancles. which are both good if they have no pockets.

The_Lady_Snow
08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Tuck the hankie neatly into your boot on the left or right, that should do it....

*g*

Snow

*who loves to flag yellow when wearing pink* ;)

powerchaserboi
08-13-2004, 05:13 PM
hmmmmmm just wondering if it would ever be appropriate to raise a black flag on a realllyyyyyy tall flag pole... grinzzzzz

pcb ;)

The_Lady_Snow
08-16-2004, 10:07 AM
hmmmmmm just wondering if it would ever be appropriate to raise a black flag on a realllyyyyyy tall flag pole... grinzzzzz

pcb ;)

guess it all depends pcb, do you have that right to do such an act?

motleycruiser
08-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Ms Snow you did have a very lovely black & lace hanky this weekend, wherever did you get it....lol ;)

The_Lady_Snow
08-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Ms Snow you did have a very lovely black & lace hanky this weekend, wherever did you get it....lol ;)

Wellllllllllllllllll, if you really must know...

Some pervy girl made it for Me, black hankie with lace sewed around the edges, cause well she lovies Me... ;)

powerchaserboi
08-16-2004, 11:12 AM
I was just wunderinnnnnnn remember??? if it would EVER be appropriate...
Now that "do I have a right" thing... well I think I could do it a wee be more subtle and it would be fine... smilesssss

pcb